19-Apr-2011 - Items Kept on Death Changes

Michael

Two crowns that are designed for female heads. Specially the Sunbeam crown. So in this case the developers behind the event chose females in favor of men. So i hope that you ladies like the "crowns" (more like tiara).

Even if that's true, it's not as if almost all other armor is designed for men. :rolleyes:

I don't see why you add emote "Rolleyes". Is your eyes weak? Ok, i will help:

Quoting myself:

So i hope that you ladies like the "crowns" (more like tiara).

I just wish they could make both a male and female version, not just one way. It's really waste of items for the gender that gets a weird item. In this case for male players like myself. Why would i wear a tiara lol.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two crowns that are designed for female heads. Specially the Sunbeam crown. So in this case the developers behind the event chose females in favor of men. So i hope that you ladies like the "crowns" (more like tiara).

Even if that's true, it's not as if almost all other armor is designed for men. :rolleyes:

Quoting myself:

I just wish they could make both a male and female version, not just one way. It's really waste of items for the gender that gets a weird item. In this case for male players like myself. Why would i wear a tiara lol.

Maybe it's your turn to experience what female players do?

I see Dan's about to post something in reply too, most likely.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Now I'm curious what would happen if they follow the main line of many other mmo's where you keep all your items if you die. :-k

A lot more griefing.

More PvM masses.

I don't even want to go there.

Tact.gif

Quoting myself:

Just out of curiosity, experience what kind of things that female players experience?

Just after I bought t10 desp :/

It's now affected by Desperado, so wouldn't that be a good thing?

T10 is 330k tokens, for an essentially useless class now.

??

The hexhunter bow is now affected by the Desperado Dungeoneering ring.

Pfohlol most probably meant, "just after I bought t10 SNIPER"

Since Sniper was the thing to use prior to today.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Just out of curiosity, experience what kind of things that female players experience?

Terrible equipment, graphic wise.

There were points where pieces of Armadyl armour (especially the helm) looked terrible on female characters. There are lots of other pieces of equipment that just look positively icky on them too.

Also, do you really want to wear a tacky looking holiday item, anyway?

6Ij0n.jpg

[hide]

Quoting myself:

[/hide]

Ill-fitting armor and clothing that's just ugly. Just off the top of my head, BCP bares your midriff. Why would you even wear armor if you're going to leave a big hole for weapons to go through.

Tact.gif

Speaking of Hexhunter bow and similar items, perhaps Jagex could make it so you could buy them from Rewards shop?

You mean buy hexhunters to be used in Daemonheim for a certain amount of tokens? No thanks.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Quoting myself:

Like this: "You can't use a coif, you're female! It looks ugly on you."

You should not whine, if females can use male gear, then the opposite should be true too. Besides, it is not like these items are "The best" so that you "have" to wear them anyway.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Well hey for your sake Ladies, i hope Jagex will be more considerate. But even if most armours are male designed, look at things from my perspective too:

1) A ugly avatar (Yes, very ugly, there is no cool hairstyle! There ain't!)

2) A Tiara

REsult:

A Transexual player :ohnoes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once again, you don't need to use holiday items at all. They're barely a cosmetic addition anyway, since they just look tacky and terrible in general. Skeleton costume? Jack o Lantern head? What?

After I complete any holiday event, the item "rewards" go straight back to Diango.

Anyway, is there anything about this Fire Kalphite, or was Uzamak just trolling me?

6Ij0n.jpg

Probably trolling you. And i know i don't have to use Holiday items, but can you blame me? For once i want to keep a item in my bank instead of sending it to Diango. I bet Diango's chest of holiday items is so filled with dust that you could lit the dust and make a fire!

Now hang on, you do realise how bad it was a few years ago, before MMG came along, right? This is a very light nudge in comparison.

Also, the death mechanics aren't as forgiving as I feared they were going to be when they were first mentioned. Ultimately the idea is to stop the scam where someone drops 4 items with high alchemy values like dragon longswords in the wilderness, so that whoever picks them up will lose items of much greater value when killed. On the other hand, certain aspects like choosing what you want to keep and more liberal respawn points are completely unnecessary.

My idea of death would be to lose everything. Let me emphasize it again. Everything. Not your levels, sure, but all your carried items if they weren't protected/blessed/cursed.

Then you could reduce the penalties of death by tying it to the game lore through which of the many gods you, the player, choose to align with if you visited certain churches or ruins.

But that would never happen.

Yea, I concede your point that it was pretty bad before MMG allowed the removal of certain things like gnomecopters, and what's happening now and recently as light pokes, but I'm thinking it won't be long before we go back to those bad old days altogether, one small update at a time. Put a frog in boiling water and it'll hop out, put it in lukewarm water then slowly raise the temperature and hey presto! boiled frog.

As for that luring scam, it'd be entirely the player's fault if they fell for it. But this is Jagex, after all. Some handholding is normal.

If they allowed you to keep all items when you die then this game would become far too easy and trivializes death. If you thought suicide bots were bad, wait till you encounter suicides at bosses. Just running in over and over. Hell, you wouldn't even need food or pots.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Speaking of Hexhunter bow and similar items, perhaps Jagex could make it so you could buy them from Rewards shop?

The point of rare drops is for them to be rare. No?

No soulgazers in 20M xp now, bad streak or wut.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

No, i think rare items are meant to be 100% drop. Jokes aside, i think making Slayer items buyable is good. Can make it cost 200K tokens for Hexhunter bow for example.

Look at it from this perpective: Players who want to find Pro teams can then get themself 1) Hood 2) Hexhunter

3) Acess to a good team

+ Since everyone got Hexhunter + Hood>Helps for the Dungeoning.

But i guess people who already have these items will whine "Baaa baa , why did they get to buy from shop ? Baa baa-.-".

Seriously: 200K tokens for a Hexhunter bow ain't cheap.

And people who got em through monsters should be considered lucky. That means they didn't need to use 200K tokens on a bow.

Just after I bought t10 desp :/

It's now affected by Desperado, so wouldn't that be a good thing?

T10 is 330k tokens, for an essentially useless class now.

??

The hexhunter bow is now affected by the Desperado Dungeoneering ring.

typo I meant sniper. Saw it earlier but had to get to class and couldn't edit

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

No, i think rare items are meant to be 100% drop. Jokes aside, i think making Slayer items buyable is good. Can make it cost 200K tokens for Hexhunter bow for example.

Look at it from this perpective: Players who want to find Pro teams can then get themself 1) Hood 2) Hexhunter

3) Acess to a good team

+ Since everyone got Hexhunter + Hood>Helps for the Dungeoning.

But i guess people who already have these items will whine "Baaa baa , why did they get to buy from shop ? Baa baa-.-".

Seriously: 200K tokens for a Hexhunter bow ain't cheap.

And people who got em through monsters should be considered lucky. That means they didn't need to use 200K tokens on a bow.

200K is very cheap, 2M is more reasonable but still cheap.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

2M tokens is 20M Exp. The idea of items being bought from shop is make Dungeoneering more appealing. Why would you pay 2M tokens to get a bow, when you can instead use the 2M to get all the items you want, which was the reason IN FIRST place you started dunging for.

I think if they put the Dung items within a price range of 10K to 200K tokens, it would make Dungeoneering skill more successful.

2M tokens is 20M Exp. The idea of items being bought from shop is make Dungeoneering more appealing. Why would you pay 2M tokens to get a bow, when you can instead use the 2M to get all the items you want that, you IN FIRST place started dung for.

I think if they put the Dung items within a price range of 10K to 200K tokens, it would make Dungeoneering skill more successful.

20m experience is not enough for 120 dungeoneering, and not everyone wants to get it for the rewards. 2m tokens sounds pretty reasonable, when you think about the fact that it is so rare, you will gain anywhere from 10-20m exp before meeting one. (And, you need to be 1 of the 5 lucky ones to get it.)

These are not facts, but as I have heard, most people are as high as 107 dungeoneering before they have even seen one. You also need 99 slayer to kill it.

+ I still believe it should not be bought at all, and if so, the price can not be something cheap as 200k tokens.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.