How strict are you on applicants?

The Observer

Haven't had a new topic in here for a while. Just wondering how strict the clans here are of their applicants.

Personally our system is fairly straightforward, however it's not suitable for everyone which is why not everyone makes it to member.

j0xPu5R.png

Its hard to judge tbh. Personally i think WG just lets anyone in. But then the process is event based so its more activity levels

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

Personally, I think that the harder it is the application process, more serious is the clan/team.

When you have a long process whit a lot of requirements to achieve, the ones who finish it, are the ones who are really interested in joining the clan/team and will probably be great, responsable and dedicated members.

juliet2.jpg

♥ Ex Condemned Army Founder | Ex Silent Ember Council ♥

♥ Aces of War Legend ♥

:/ Most new clans just try to get as many members as possible...

I went off to Falador to check out the clan camp and with 5 seconds I had 10 clan invites.

Most of the 'real' clans tend to be more stringent on their application processes. (Not trying to offend any of those RSB clans out there.)

j0xPu5R.png

Back when I was a clan leader, I remember ours was pretty basic. The clan wasn't a drop dead serious one, so I think it justified a lax application process. If you made a correct application which met the requirements, barring any pre-existing reason why you shouldn't join (past issues) then you were let in. However activity sweeps were pretty often, so those who didn't show up got the boot frequently.

~I will always have some KO in my heart <3 thanks for the memory's KO unit~

Old troll.

Ex-Leader of KO Unit

Ex-Member of Legendz

Ex-Member of the Wilderness Guardians

Applicants for TBK need to have IRC and TS3 set up, and they need to post screenshots of them on their app as well as one of themselves in-game. However, the app itself isn't too hard, but we do require applicants to read our rules/codes, etc. We also have 3 video guides for IRC, TS3 and screenshots, and are working on a walkthough of the app itself.

So it's a moderate system with a lot of help for the inexperienced.

In Silent Ember our policy is to not go too strict on our applicants.

Of course we have an activity based requirement, and being a complete idiot in wars, as well as outside of the wars is not allowed and will be punished.

But our main aim is to have fun, which doesnt go well with a strict application system

lightningcopy.png

RSD has probably one of the more 'strict' application processes, but it's not really that hard just takes a little time and activity.

What will get you in:

Good activity (10+ events in 30 days, although most get 20+ events).

Being involved in the community.

Good attitude.

Willingness to hybrid or tribrid in fights.

All of these are necessary to make full member.

What will get you booted out:

Skipping events / poor activity.

Not being involved in the community.

Bad attitude / flaming / complaining.

Using 1 style only at fights / camping / looting.

Shady clan history / hacking / etc.

Any of these will cause you to be removed or not voted in by membership.

Not too hard but does weed out the major bozos.

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

As long as you can scan the rules page for the secret image you're good to go. Our clan is a reflection of our IRL: no standards, but we prefer them to be somewhat aware.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

If somebody is genuinely interested in joining then they can, but we try not to just take anybody like everyone does at the clan camp... the only requirement is that rules are followed and they try to participate in clan events.

Recruit is kind of like a trial rank in our clan, once you get above that you know you're accepted fully.

THE DEEPEST CIRCLE OF HELL IS RESERVED FOR BETRAYERS, MUTINEERS & THE GLENINOR COALITION.

Our system is fairly simple but we still manage to catch out the morons before they are fully let in.

smallerawesomesig.png

EU Leader | | CE Retired Admin | | TKO Retired Member | | SE Retired Member

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the application is strict, but if you don't put forth the effort to prove that you want to be Solace, then you will get declined through ranked voting. And if you're a full spastic, you'll either get kicked through Court topics or removed from the clan for not meeting the sufficient amount of votes from the members.

We expect FA's to work hard to prove to us that they want to be here. However we don't expect super amazing results, but as long as it's constant and consistent, you'll usually make it in.

#Solace | Solace Senior Member |

Solace Forums | Solace Memberlist

ankitm.jpg

I'm making a killing here, I think I should be on top of the world just chilling here.

Being a solo merchant clan, we try to help everyone but to be invited you have to pass a test showing you have an understanding of basic merch skills.

Of course, anyone can still join the friend cc to ask for advice.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 1 month later...

Probably have one of the most rigorous application processes, many people find this out if they make it to the 'screening' portion of the Application for Trial Member.

rsdsig.png

Three parts fool, One part brave, Forever Atrocious

126 F2P/138 P2P

|~|Interested in joining RSD?|~|appmanagerco7.png|~|Questions/Concerns? PM Me|~|

~Elven Gaurd | Pat