Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How strict are you on applicants?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Ankit
[ Display Name History ]

Ankit

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Rawr Ankit
  • Clan:Solace
It's not the application is strict, but if you don't put forth the effort to prove that you want to be Solace, then you will get declined through ranked voting. And if you're a full spastic, you'll either get kicked through Court topics or removed from the clan for not meeting the sufficient amount of votes from the members.

We expect FA's to work hard to prove to us that they want to be here. However we don't expect super amazing results, but as long as it's constant and consistent, you'll usually make it in.

#Solace | Solace Senior Member | Solace Forums | Solace Memberlist
Posted Image
I'm making a killing here, I think I should be on top of the world just chilling here.

lindam
[ Display Name History ]

lindam

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
i fully believe that our system is cool with some glitches though ..

but to be true where in world we do not hve glitches ...

i am fully happy with the present clan system ...

hail Runescape

CruelKiller
[ Display Name History ]

CruelKiller

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 1,465 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Cruel Killer
  • RSN2:IvanAndKass
  • Clan:Ascension
Our app process isn't hard but takes a bit of time and dedication.

Posted ImageElite Member of Ascension | Posted ImageSenior Member of Silent Ember | Posted ImageOld School of TPR

Posted Image

Ascension's Forums | #Rs-Ascension | Ascension's Memberlist

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
Being a solo merchant clan, we try to help everyone but to be invited you have to pass a test showing you have an understanding of basic merch skills.

Of course, anyone can still join the friend cc to ask for advice.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Elven_Gaurd
[ Display Name History ]

Elven_Gaurd

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • RSN:Elven Gaurd
  • Clan:RuneScape Dinasty
Probably have one of the most rigorous application processes, many people find this out if they make it to the 'screening' portion of the Application for Trial Member.

Posted Image
Three parts fool, One part brave, Forever Atrocious
126 F2P/138 P2P
|~|Interested in joining RSD?|~|Posted Image|~|Questions/Concerns? PM Me|~|

~Elven Gaurd | Pat

Alex_Danex
[ Display Name History ]

Alex_Danex

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • RSN:Hwk
  • Clan:Chivalry Legions

In Silent Ember our policy is to not go too strict on our applicants.
Of course we have an activity based requirement, and being a complete idiot in wars, as well as outside of the wars is not allowed and will be punished.
But our main aim is to have fun, which doesnt go well with a strict application system

^ for Silent Ember.

Cl's system isn't really strict. Just do your own [cabbage], bind/blast everywar, get to know the community and your good. Pretty much the same roll for every clans to be honest, but some are harder I guess. :shades:g

Posted Image
@ Forums // #cl on SeersIrc // @ Memberlist

drinkndrive5
[ Display Name History ]

drinkndrive5

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • RSN:drinkndrive5
  • Clan:The Titans
In TT you have to get past screening on your intro, post a future applicant app and get that accepted then get a certain amount of events based on how long it takes. Then member app go through voting and 1 month of imp which is basically fa with a bit more freedom and access then full member. Generally the fa process takes 1-3 months with another 1 month for the imp period. Mentors are assigned and are often pretty strict on fa's

EX-Tempted Killers FA Manager

Posted Image

EX-Lethality Warlord

Kenshn_X
[ Display Name History ]

Kenshn_X

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 48 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I'm pretty lenient when it comes to the introductions, although I do like to get to know the intro. However, when it comes to a more higher scaled level of system, then I go after the most detailed and let go of any unworthy introductions/applications. For Aesta, I plan on going through every introduction myself and judging what I think is legit. Otherwise, TKO has a very high standard to intro upon (usually) and requires a good amount of effort & detail. Solace, same thing, longer process now as well. So in a run-down:

Solace = Introduction->Intro status->FA if accepted after 5 days of Intro->FA for 2-3 weeks->Member if accepted afterward.
TKO = Introduction->FA if accepted with good Introduction->Member if accepted after 2 weeks.
Aesta = Introduction->FA application->Member if accepted after 1 week.

Simple.

Posted Image

Retired Member of TKO Blitz
Retired Member of Octane

Ava
[ Display Name History ]

Ava

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 20 posts
  • RSN:Ava
  • Clan:Keepers of Misthalin
We pretty much accept anyone who fills out the application thoughtfully. If they put random crap in the application just to make it go through (you have to fill out all the questions for it to work), we'll ask them to fill it out.

We also have a question asking about rs bans and mutes and such. We're a pg rated clan, so if the person was RECENTLY banned or muted, we probably won't accept. If it was a year or more ago though, we just make sure they've changed their ways :P

All in all we're a laid back group anyway. To achieve full member though, you need to have been a member of the clan two weeks and attended an event. We make people prove their activity before we accept them as full members. We make them fill out ANOTHER app to become a full member. Most people cbb to do this sort of thing. And we cbb to have them around ;o
A v a .
Posted Image

Roxie
[ Display Name History ]

Roxie

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
My Clans applications aren't that strict, We ask that you fill one in, And make sure you've answered everything, then we have a record of when someone has joined, It also prevents those that aren't going to be committed to the clan from joining, And we get only the best :)
Posted Image

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts
Can anyone actually tell me an advantage of those strict "recruits".

In the past I used to be a high valued member of some decently sized clans, though I always left from disagreeing with other leaders. I honestly never saw an application "post" or "event" or anything as something that should be taken strictly. I never saw it as adding an extra value, I saw countless applications, and people tended to always act in some annoyingly "kind" manner there. I hated it and if it were up to me I kicked any member who acted such. But each time in each clan those were actually the only ones who fitted in the application process.
The people who were acting naturally and were often more capable (as they showed themself without a mask) were the victims of a strict application policy.

Strict application policies in my opinion leads only mistrust (people don't act naturel) and prejudiced selections.

Much better it is to make a simple clear justified application, and work on recommendation. Don't add those things that drag along and put stress on everyone. And above all: don't make your application system the only method of getting in.

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

King_V0lga
[ Display Name History ]

King_V0lga

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 86 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Finnishbruv
  • Clan:Solace
We usually put our new Future Applicants in RKOF to some kind of test, and we see if its good member.

Solace FA | Runite Knights of Finland &Warlord

Clan Europe &Warlord | Flip Flops +Retired

#Solace | #CE | #RKOF-Clan | #FF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users