How many RuneScape originals from 2001 are still here?

DragnFly

I remember watching archers double teaming noobs (actually everyone was a noob). I didnt want to switch to PK mode at all... most of my friends all they talked about was dying and losing everything. :D

Sabres and messiahs, darn those cabbage patch gates! oh dear you have died.

• 2 months later...

I started playing Feb 2002. Does that mean I suck? :<

Played Runescape since 2002. Quit few times over the years however, starting again each time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I could never get into RSC because I found the graphics unbearable. Funnily enough I can truly enjoy it's art style more now than I did 15 years ago.

When I saw my cousin playing RS2 when it first came out I was impressed - and that's where the addiction began.

• 2 months later...

I started in February 2001. I only played on and off between 2009 and 2013 but am more active these days.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I feel like current RS3 is kinda... good in its own way? Somehow

But sadly it's come at the cost of the old game :/

So many game mechanics and other things like that that were just completely destroyed with the switch to EoC, and OSRS is only a partial band-aid fix for that.

See all those quest items and rewards that had their niche uses at the time, now completely useless because they have no stats, or because you completely outlevel them by the time you even have a chance to get them (or there's just so many much easier and cheaper to obtain alternatives that are just as good.)

Shields with absolutely no use unless it's very high-end PvM, why have lower level shields at all then?

Quest bosses that were once very difficult to get past at the time, and if you did, you were considered good with the quest reward being a status symbol, now not only are the bosses piss easy with absolutely no challenge (very disappointing to do nowadays, after having personally done them all pre-EoC) but the rewards are also worthless. Soul wars cape used to be really good, now it's completely pointless to use in any situation.

It's just meh. Not interested in OSRS anymore and I can still get some enjoyment out of RS3 but it's just changed way too much in some of the wrong ways honestly.

There are -so many- ways they could have made the combat system more interactive to allow for more complicated boss fights without completely shitting over the old system and turning a lot of players away, it feels like they changed everything just for the sake of changing it sometimes.

Not really from 2001 here but yeah, Impaler99 your post kinda just made me want to rant about that. :P

• 1 month later...

O Hai. Still around. Feel free to hit me up in-game sometimes if you still play and remember me.

Pdj.png

[02] -RuneScript- *** [ END ]: You gained 444,384 prayer exp in 5secs. That's 319,956,480 exp/h.

• 1 month later...