How many RuneScape originals from 2001 are still here?

DragnFly

I think I started way back in 2003 or 2004. So not that long, but it's still been awhile.

If you have members you can go see Hans to receive 5 yr/10 yr vet and/or be told days til you can claim the next cape; from this you can work out your exact join date. The only limiter (though it should not apply to you) is that they never logged join dates prior to members launching in feb 02 so all jan 01-feb 02 accounts share the same join date of the day members arrived.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

is your name on this list?

if not,

cabbage off

I brought 2 of them to Runescape so thats NOT TRUE, not first 2000 i played Runescape before them and my name is not listed.

AND 2 i m sure of they played AFTER 2001. totally wrong list.

A list did come out of the first 2000 that were still playing in Nov 2001, so you are right in saying it is technicaly not a true representation of the first 2000 sign ups.

sig2ho7.jpg

• 2 years later...

Holy shit. Found all of this again after searching for Dwarf Invasion... 

I know I signed up the first day the game launched and there were only 5 or 6 players online on one server.. 

My OG character Gunar was lost forever because I accidentally made him a girl and there was no way to change your appearance, so I made a new character named Laquisha (scammer of cows)

October 2002 for myself.  I went through a handful of accounts mostly named after Lord of the Rings or WWF wrestling characters.......  One of them I had a full invent and bank of Halloween masks on it!  

peever142.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say it was Oct or Nov '01.

I was just 7 years old at the time though, so at the start I had multiple stupid accounts that I forgot passwords for or told my friends who subsequently emptied me of all my belongings.

I remember my mum had acquired a pirated Lou Bega disc somewhere in '02? and thus forever Lou Bega's Mambo no. 5 relates to fishing lobster on Karamja in RSC for me.

RS was really huge in my hometown until like 2004. Nearly everyone my age had an acc. It even went so far that at once there were over 40 acc's online out of total ˇ1000 that started with "Saq" which was the start of the name for pretty much every one from my town of 4k inhabitants. People hogged the local internet cafe and computer classes at school to play RSC.

And then, as quickly as it started, RS was extremely uncool, the ultimate nerd-loser "thing" and thus I also didn't play for a while.

RS says I made my current RS account a year after I made this forum account. Yet I used Tip.It site from pretty much the very beginning for general help on homepage and didn't think anything of the boards. I can't even tell how many accounts I've had through the years or how many times I have quit, but I am out right now. And probably will stay out for quite a while.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

• 3 months later...

I started playing RS in Oct 2001.  I was very active til about 2008.  I was a member of the original BlacKnights back in the day.  I just logged onto my account, after some Jagex riggamarrol, for the first time in years.  I don't know half of what's going on.  I'm playing on a free server now.  Had to get rid of a lot of very special stuff. Hope to find a clan willing to help a Lvl 100+ noob learn her way around again. |^_^|

2003 here. OSRS has an 'Age' option on Hans in Lumbridge that will tell you your account's age down to the day, if you still use/have the original account. Might be of interest to some of you to get through Tutorial Island (it was for me).

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Tuesday February 25th, 2003. OSRS has an 'Age' option on Hans in Lumbridge that will tell you your account's age down to the day, if you still use/have the original account. Might be of interest to some of you to get through Tutorial Island (it was for me).

Worth noting this only dates back to 27th February 2002, any accounts created prior to that will show that date. So no way to tell the exact age of your account if it was prior to that.

I've been playing RuneScape since 2001. I have never changed my name - Melos, and I even remember I started as a miner because there was different classes you can choose XD.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Tuesday February 25th, 2003. OSRS has an 'Age' option on Hans in Lumbridge that will tell you your account's age down to the day, if you still use/have the original account. Might be of interest to some of you to get through Tutorial Island (it was for me).

Worth noting this only dates back to 27th February 2002, any accounts created prior to that will show that date. So no way to tell the exact age of your account if it was prior to that.

So the exact same thing as what would happen with Recovery Questions way back when? I believe there was a post on these forums about so many people having the same date for the date they set their Recovery Questions. 

EDIT: Yeah, like this one:

gallery_3818_453_12462.jpg

Although with this one I'm assuming that the date shown had to be a bug of some sort. Like I said earlier I started in February of 2003 yet the picture linked above shows my Recoveries set a year earlier.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

So the exact same thing as what would happen with Recovery Questions way back when? I believe there was a post on these forums about so many people having the same date for the date they set their Recovery Questions. 

EDIT: Yeah, like this one:

gallery_3818_453_12462.jpg

Although with this one I'm assuming that the date shown had to be a bug of some sort. Like I said earlier I started in February of 2003 yet the picture linked above shows my Recoveries set a year earlier.

Yup, same thing. I believe it's the date that P2P came out. So not a bug just the first date they started tracking. It's possible as well that some were reset to that date for whatever reason for recoveries etc.

• 1 month later...

I think the only tipit oldie I could remember would be Leesters... I remember they had an event where everyone PK'd in the wildy multi to see if the glitch where you would skull from auto retaliate in multi..

That must had been mid 2005.. :)

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

• 1 month later...

I've been playing RuneScape since 2001. I have never changed my name - Melos, and I even remember I started as a miner because there was different classes you can choose XD.

Lol  I started as a ranger. 7 archery, big woop! 

Still one of my lowest skills to this day. Could never find enough damned arrows until fletching overflowed the f2p market with bronze arrows  :D