Remember the days when...

GoldTatze

Remember the days when efficiency in runescape barely existed, and everyone was just goofing around and having a lot of fun?

Hum, not really. There have always been highly efficient players and I think the majority of RS'ers strive to do things the best that they can.

The goofing around bit is Runescape on a personal level, really ;)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the days when efficiency in runescape barely existed, and everyone was just goofing around and having a lot of fun?

I have lots of fun dungeoneering, if only people didn't leave after they got one death.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

On a similar note, remember when we weren't all reminiscing about the "good ol days" and just played the game and had fun doing stupid stuff and enjoyed it

I don't think Jagex ever left those days and still operate under the impression that they are in the same years before the rwt crisis

I enjoy the game more when I'm *not* doing stupid stuff.

RWT has been around since long before you (or even I) joined tif...

lalalasig2.png

Remember when the game was founded with 3 people in the run and was made just as a fun project rather than a huge money hungry company. Remember when game updates were all very useful and there was never a update that served just to drag more members in.

Stellactic.gif

you werent a noob for having 1100 skill total

[spoiler=DBAs didnt look like clunky garbage]dba.png

(Just took this pic of my classic char, but it works)

things you were wearing were in your inventory

actions above head

certs, and cooking in draynor

orange capes being orange

phats didnt make you the richest person in the bank

3 rounds until you can run

unidentified herbs

herbLAW

mining addy was at least midly impressive

@ora@

';..;'

1 person talking to the banker at a time

people acually wore rune chains

paralyze monster

You couldnt see others people combat levels

no level requirements on armor/weapons

addyore.png

And i remember you spooferfish and your collection of orange objects :D

omg ';..;' is a classic

Remember when aprons could be worn over other clothes, "the penguin set"

Meepok.png

^#1 post on this thread^

Remember the days when there was no bank in lumbridge so you would have to run to draynor to bank cowhides

the days when killing goblins and saying "wtf why cant i wear this goblin mail"

the days where fishing lobsters at karamja was great money and you always complained about how long banking took

the days where you could actually talk to players and they would respond because they were not some script kiddie using a bot

remember the days a tree spirit would attack you if you were chopping trees(fun)

and of course the day i went to fally and got pked (6/6/06)

- When using slayer dart at Barrows hitting 17s made you the biggest pro there.

- You could protect melee against Verac

- Guthans spear was the jackpot

- Sneaking into DK lair for a solo mage trip was something only a select few did. And if you had the stats and gear for it you were good.

- Zilyana bug :mrgreen:

- 81 Agility got me into the top 5k laprunners

- Obsidian shields were the best offhand item to train with

- Even Cooking capes were uncommon

- Chilling in Edgeville while alching with like 10 other ppl in w99 was always a laugh

- And what did we alch? Tens of thousands of yew longbows.

- Fletching yew longs was profitable

- You used to be able to alch without getting 5 randoms an hour

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I remember when Fletching was so profitable but just as fast as it is now, and people would fletch to 99 and buy a Blue partyhat (10m at the time). Mask sets were like 800 as well and Santas 150k. Makes me want to slap myself for not getting 99 Fletching.

Butt_Snakes.png

From the time I reach 99 Defense and HP to the end of August I'm going to try and get a bunch of 99s.

-When "µ" was terrifying?

-When most newbs died at elast once to the hostile dark wizards south of Varrok, thus teaching them caution?

-When you would watch a high level player in Dharoks hoping against hope that they'd screw up and die?

-When the dragon longsword was actually a heavily used weapon? And also the DDS?

-When Castle Wars armor was actually colorful and clashing and unique?

-When swarms would [bleep] you up for no real reason?

-And of course, when Green dragonhide(g) was dirt cheap because it was ugly, and when you could merchant off of the Wilderness rune shop if you were brave enough to travel there.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Buckets of slime were available to purchase from the charter ship stores. I miss when maximum utility was also pretty efficient.

The mansion that used to be where the party room is now.

1k bs = d long

>when bs meant bowstring

Before Jagex tried to attract more kiddies by pointlessly multiplying hits by 10 and putting pixel women on the front page.

When Miniclip generation ruined RS (oh wait no we didn't and RS was at its prime 2 years later in 2006)

Back in RSC when every bot was called Icarian_____ for a while.

Skillers had Fish N Mine or some variation of that in their name.

Gray walls of Falador and the guy upstairs in the Furnace building who talked about the future revamp of Varrock

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

The bank sales in Seer's Bank.

Falador East Bank and around on World 2 was the main marketplace (after the RSOF)

FaladorMap.png

When you would stay around the Party Room in Seer's village hoping to become rich.

ib7rVm.png

- You used to be able to alch without getting 5 randoms an hour

I don't know what utopia you came from, but randoms back in 2004-2007 were a [bleep]. Not only was there a higher chance of randoms, but the majority of them could kill you.

Only happened when you were AFKing fishing tbh. And I swear they were less frequent. Who remembers spending 2 minutes killing a troll or zombie random for 10 fishing bait?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Was just talking about this.

When you're dging, come across an altar, and everyone gates it, then clears it.

Later come across the door, "guys gate this door", "can't, got altar gated", followed by "same" x3

Lol pre-GGS. Some genius was at work when he created that item.

Too bad they probably fired that genius for doing something right.

S2buxtG.png

Was just talking about this.

When you're dging, come across an altar, and everyone gates it, then clears it.

Later come across the door, "guys gate this door", "can't, got altar gated", followed by "same" x3

Lol pre-GGS. Some genius was at work when he created that item.

Too bad they probably fired that genius for doing something right.

RIP Ggs-man