Remember the days when...

GoldTatze

Remember when the Runescape community wasn't completely and hopelessly wrapped up whining about botters, and wasn't blinded by the botters?

Neither do I.

Fixed.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the days when people just played games for fun instead of [bleep]ing about them on the internet?

I'm finding it increasingly harder to remember, sadly.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

2001 time:

Remember when banks only held cash, and most players had at least 1-2 mules to hold excess stuff?

When the cash stack limit was 65,535? I believe Gamesfan (miner/smither, he high alched stuff) was the first to publicize this.

When the best magic spell in the game was Fear? This can be replicated now with the Spirit Wolf's special. A level 14 spell, cast it on any monster and it's gone, poof. (Until it came back a minute later, of course)

When "new" runes were all the rage? (Nature, Cosmic, Chaos, Law, Death, released with the mage/pray update May 2001) Bluerose traded rune stuff for 250 "new" runes at one point in time.

When there were no defense requirements to wear armor? This coincided with the old PK rules before the wilderness was out, so pures would get a set of addy/rune from their mains and camp outside of Lumby. At the time, Lumby was a safe zone, but once a PK character walked outside the zone they could be ganked.

When Rune meds were released with the release of Karamja (June 2001)? Combat rules at the time dictated that anyone maging or ranging were not technically in combat, so any number of players could use mage/range on a monster. Furthermore, the character that dealt the killing blow to a monster got the drop, not whoever dealt the most damage. For weeks, the lessers in Karamja were camped, where one poor meleer got stuck tanking the demon until it got to about 1/3-1/4 health. Then, a ton of players would mage/range it until it was dead, hoping to snipe the drop.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

hehe speaking of new runes there was this one guy named Lord Me who posted on the old official forums that he was buying ALL new runes (including cosmics) for 1k each. I couldn't believe it so I contacted him ingame, had about 300 mixed new runes only since they were hard to come by and we were only a few days into the release of them. Anyway he bought all of them for 300k and I nearly creamed myself. There was duping going on at the time and I was 50% sure that I was recieving duped cash, but I saw no reason to ask given the fact that I would never find out anyway.

I than offered to become his sole supplier in order to make sure that he wouldn't post any more ads about buying new runes for an utterly obscene price on any forums.

I still don't get why or how he could afford to buy them at 1k each. The only runes I didn't make much money off of were laws, since people sold them high due to the fact that everyone was getting into teleporting.

Anyway I than took up to buying from other ppl at my own "obscene" price, doubling what they were asking if they could meet immediately etc (500-600g).

This other dude named Bankrobber2 also bought new runes for 1k each. Coincidentally they both disappeared within a week of our first transaction and I've never heard of them since.

I still get sad when I think about them disappearing, and I'm pretty sure those 2 dudes were up to something with new runes since it would be physically impossible to make a profit given the price they already had paid for the rune. Unless it were natures and they had figured out how to dupe addy plates (14k or 16k high alch value back than). But they bought ALL new runes hmm.

thats some hardcore nostalgia right there that u brought back for me matt, lol

ill never forget these 2 ppl since they made me so damn rich at a time where owning millions were reserved for people like skone751, bluerose and her steel corp affiliates, mysticsmagic and some other uber elites. even dudes like alchemon and sandytrain had to camp greaters to make cash for food

i love you bankrobber2 and lord me :thumbup:

(used to lol about the fact that a guy with seemingly infinite cash was named bankrobber)

Well I have a nice AFK slayer task, so I think I'll explain the background information behind Fook and I's obsession with the Falador barmaids.

In early 2001, one of the larger groups within Tip.it was known as Steel Inc. This was, as you could probably guess, a sort of smithing clan. The three leaders were:

Lightning (early Tip.it mod)

Bluerose13x (first 99 smith) and

Dmonik (beast miner). I believe he was the first to 70 mining and "discovered" addy ore's existence, which was basically going around to the "empty" rocks in Edgeville dungeon and the Al-Kharid mine and finding out that they weren't actually empty after all.

One of the requirements for Steel Inc was 50 smithing, which I tried very hard to get. I applied for Steel Inc 3 times, and Lightning never responded to me. :( In doing so, I camped the dwarven mine, the Falador forge and Dorik's anvils for a time. Sometimes I even conned a friend or two into mining with me, so I could smith more bars per load.

What does this have to do with the barmaids? In order to make more lucrative items (especially at levels like 47 smith, to boost to steel plates) I needed dwarved stouts. Lots of them. Since only one person could talk to NPC's at a time, I would monopolize the barmaid on the lower floor of the Falador bar, forcing Fook to move upstairs when he, er, needed time with her. What Fook did with the barmaids, I do not know. *shifty eyes*

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

^

And guys cared more about boobs than exp/hour or exp/gp ratios. :rolleyes:

nothing on this planet is going to make most guys stop caring about boobs, don't get ahead of yourself there. myself included :thumbup:

ot:

when a tree would break your axe, and a rock could break your pick axe. pickaxe handles erased from the game when the update came

there was no such thing as a brew.

your hybriding talent wasn't measured by how many items you can switch

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Out of curiosity, can anyone list all of the old spells from the good/evil magic books? I only seem to recall something called Shock Bolt.

Some them were used in the arcanists I think, but im not certain whitch one(s)...

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Magic in RuneScape Classic was significantly different than its modern incarnation. Very early on, the Magic skill was made up of two separate skills, GoodMagic and EvilMagic. The Evil Magic spells were Confuse, Thick Skin, Shock Bolt, Elemental Bolt and Fear, and the Good Magic spells were Chill Bolt, Burst of Strength, Camouflage, Rock Skin and Wind Bolt.

Taken from RSWiki.

Remember when herbs were called unids and you could sell then 1K each at falador because people buyed them, and since they went into diffirent piles at bank i would sell unindentified guams 1K each. All. the. Time.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

remember when this topic was posted 2 weeks ago....and 2 weeks before that...and 2 weeks before that.

Remember when this joke was posted on those topics and you stole it?

Remember castle pking in RSC?

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Remember when RS had the really old loading screen with the pillars of fire on the side?

Remember staring at the fire as the shapes of runes came out of it?

Thought I had a pic of that.. Heres the closest I have..

Summoning-1.png

After looking at, I guess they are there behind the animals..

35b9enp.jpg

I miss the old log in screen, wish it was an option.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Lightning (early Tip.it mod)

Bluerose13x (first 99 smith) and

Dmonik (beast miner). I believe he was the first to 70 mining and "discovered" addy ore's existence, which was basically going around to the "empty" rocks in Edgeville dungeon and the Al-Kharid mine and finding out that they weren't actually empty after all.

I think S H A R K was the first player to mine adamantite. Dmonik was definitely the first person to mine mithril ore, though.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

RIP Atlas and Meridian.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

Could anyone post old (<2008) pictures of runescape?

i know there was an entire thread dedicated to classic,pre-2007 and current varrock

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Could anyone post old (<2008) pictures of runescape?

i know there was an entire thread dedicated to classic,pre-2007 and current varrock

I made a post, but I can't post the images here as it says "thsi image extension is not allowed on the forums", so I dont know where to post the images :)