Jagex's 'Rated Clan Wars' Tournament

The Observer

26-Apr-2011 - Rated Clans Wars Tournament

The brand new Rated Clan Wars system and map has brought with it a whole different warring style when compared to traditional Clan Wars. With a new dedicated map and rules, the fast pace of these battles is sure to prove a challenge. The hiscores have been tracking the best clans in Rated Clan Wars over the past couple weeks and we thought, what better way to celebrate its success than to have a tournament based on Rated Clan Wars?

Every clan is welcome to take part in this knockout tournament to find the true champions of the Rated Clan Wars arena, and show that they mean business in this new world of clan warfare! The top 10 rated clans in the hiscores when the draw is made on Friday 29th April at 5pm will be seeded based on their rank, in a similar way to other real-world tournaments (such as football or tennis). This should lead to some classic matches and tournament upsets when the higher seeds are knocked out.

All of the fights will be taking place in the Rated Clan Wars arena and all of those rules will apply; however, in the spirit of fairness, there will be a 100-player limit, so it’s not just a case of the biggest clan winning, but instead the most skilled.

To find out more about the tournament and how to sign up, head to the tournament thread found on the official forums. We’re looking into getting some prizes put together for the winners, so keep your eyes open for more information!

Show us what you’re made of!

Mod Timbo & Mod Kathy

Community Management

It's directed more at RSB clans really, judging by the fact that most people sit there at rated clan wars all day accumulating ranks. Those aren't really 'real' clans - meaning those that aren't really created for the purpose of being a clan, similar to clan chats at clan wars.

j0xPu5R.png

Stupid idea. No one is goign to want to fight a 10 man team.

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

Stupid idea. No one is goign to want to fight a 10 man team.

Basically ye, i don't see the real top clans the top 30 on rsc and tip it having a real care in it and if any1 wants to say that the clans taking part in this tourney just needs to look at rsc or tip it. Bad idea imo.

envy42.png

not a complete write off seeing as RsD, TT and Gladz have signed up. Think a TT x RsD final would be great to watch.... if you could watch it....which you can't. Mah clans signed up, but I frankly despise RCW; will see how it goes I suppose :P

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

It's like getting a shot of whiskey, then someone comes along and pours half a pint of lemonade into it for free.

I appreciate Jagex trying to help us but clan support seems to just be watering the clan world down in an attempt to improve it.

It's like getting a shot of whiskey, then someone comes along and pours half a pint of lemonade into it for free.

I appreciate Jagex trying to help us but clan support seems to just be watering the clan world down in an attempt to improve it.

I agree, but obviously the better clans will stand out more regardless. There's no questioning that. In any future tournaments like the Jagex Cup, you'll rarely see RSB clans win.

j0xPu5R.png

I agree, but obviously the better clans will stand out more regardless. There's no questioning that. In any future tournaments like the Jagex Cup, you'll rarely NEVER see RSB clans win.

fixed :)

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

I agree, but obviously the better clans will stand out more regardless. There's no questioning that. In any future tournaments like the Jagex Cup, you'll rarely NEVER see RSB clans win.

fixed :)

So true lol

envy42.png

not a complete write off seeing as RsD, TT and Gladz have signed up. Think a TT x RsD final would be great to watch.... if you could watch it....which you can't. Mah clans signed up, but I frankly despise RCW; will see how it goes I suppose :P

We can just declare the top 3 right now and save everyone the effort if Jagex is cool with that. :shrug:

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

Update on this.

One Jagex's seeds clearly dont work..

How they ever managed to pit WG vs RSD ill never known...

In addition to that the whole arena's glitched. Makes me think that maybe they were just using the tourny to iron out the glitches with ti

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

• 1 month later...

The first time they did it, they didn't do it because RSD said they wouldn't participate. Funny huh?

Here's their second attempt.

All systems are go! We are re-launching the Rated Clan Wars Tournament this week to find the true champions of the Rated Clan Wars arena! Whether you are at the top of the hiscores or new to the Rated Clan Wars arena, all clans are welcome to take part in this knockout tournament.

The Rated Clan Wars system and map has brought with it a new warring style and hiscores. With a dedicated map and rules, the fast pace of these battles will prove a challenge to any clans taking part in this tournament. Does your clan have what it takes to make it to the final?

The top 10 rated clans in the Hiscores when the draw is made on Friday 10th June at 5pm will be seeded based on their rank, in a similar way to other real-world tournaments (such as football or tennis). This should lead to some classic matches and tournament upsets when the higher seeds are knocked out. All of the fights will be taking place in the Rated Clan Wars arena and all of those rules will apply; however, in the spirit of fairness, there will be a 100-player limit, so it’s not just a case of the biggest clan winning, but instead the most skilled.

If you missed signing up for the last tournament, now is your chance. To find out more about the tournament and to sign up, head to the tournament thread found on the official forums.

Show us what you're made of!

Mod Timbo & Mod Kathy

Community Management

j0xPu5R.png

The first time they did it, they didn't do it because RSD said they wouldn't participate. Funny huh?

It's not that we wouldn't participate, we couldn't participate. We showed up for the first fight and none of us could enter the arena because of a glitch. We weren't the only clan this happened to.

Maybe they'll fix it right this time, we'll see . . .

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

It's not that we wouldn't participate, we couldn't participate. We showed up for the first fight and none of us could enter the arena because of a glitch. We weren't the only clan this happened to.

Maybe they'll fix it right this time, we'll see . . .

Yeah, but I meant it as in they did that after a message to Jagex.

And yes, that glitch was a real problem. I remember when we first attempted a clan wars match there with you and it didn't go through at all.

j0xPu5R.png

Arena still worthless for clans over 20 people . . . we had both our F2P and P2P fights today. In our first fight we could only get 30 people into the arena, so over half our pull was sitting outside. We fought some clan of 10 level 43's so I don't think they even did any damage but it's still worthless to fight there because it still won't let all your clan in the fight. The P2P one was even worse than the F2P one, so I think we're gonna withdraw instead of waiting around to see if it gets fixed, even though we would be going into the second round even with the glitches.

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

It really makes you wonder who exactly gets the free paycheck for doing nothing over at the QA department when they release broken features like 'rated clan wars', 'mobilizing armies', and hair-wrenching, eye-stabbing grinds like... 'mobilizing armies' and 'livid farm'. From what I hear, Gladz's match got cancelled because of the feature being broken. Also heard that Jagex actually postponed this tournament until after the jagex Clan Cup because of all the bugs. Pretty likely that we're not going to bother with this crap for a third time around, as well.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

It really makes you wonder who exactly gets the free paycheck for doing nothing over at the QA department when they release broken features like 'rated clan wars', 'mobilizing armies', and hair-wrenching, eye-stabbing grinds like... 'mobilizing armies' and 'livid farm'. From what I hear, Gladz's match got cancelled because of the feature being broken. Also heard that Jagex actually postponed this tournament until after the jagex Clan Cup because of all the bugs. Pretty likely that we're not going to bother with this crap for a third time around, as well.

I laughed when you implied that Jagex had a QA department.

OT: Personally only ever been there to get clan capes, I know some TR did some fights there the first day but we haven't been back.