Mithril Dragons

tuggernongy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would you even consider DFS?

Rapier has a higher max hit, higher accuracy, and higher speed. There is no situation in which diamond bolts would beat it.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Well I use it all the time and have even compared 100+ kills with both. It seems that DFS (Dragonfire Shield...) with Diamond Bolts (that negate the opponents defence once in a while is much better than dealing with Miths high defence).

Goldtatze.png

Rapier is still more accurate.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Well I use it all the time and have even compared 100+ kills with both. It seems that DFS (Dragonfire Shield...) with Diamond Bolts (that negate the opponents defence once in a while is much better than dealing with Miths high defence).

While miths do have high defence, all dragon are weak against stab. I have yet to have difficulty hitting them with a raiper + ddef combo. I can't imagine ranging to be better in any situation if you have a rapier.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I found that slayer dart is a nice cheap way of killing them, why not use magic? lol

Because meleeing with a rapier is faster, and you don't spend money on runes, no matter how cheap they may be.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I found that slayer dart is a nice cheap way of killing them, why not use magic? lol

Because meleeing with a rapier is faster, and you don't spend money on runes, no matter how cheap they may be.

Chaotic weapons have a price for each attack too, albeit cheaper, much cheaper if you use tokens as well, but then we get into all that opportunity cost crap, so you're probably better off without wasting the tokens.

When killing mith dragons I think the most important thing is maintaining your inventory so that you can pick up ALL drops. All bones, mithril bars etc. I found the best way to be ruby and diamond bolts (ruby till half hp or so). Depending what BoB you use, you should aim at 6-12 kills per trip.

When killing mith dragons I think the most important thing is maintaining your inventory so that you can pick up ALL drops. All bones, mithril bars etc. I found the best way to be ruby and diamond bolts (ruby till half hp or so). Depending what BoB you use, you should aim at 6-12 kills per trip.

Disagree, you want to kill them ASAP to maximise XP as it's for a slayer task.

Whatpulse!

213358.png

slayersetup.png

Fastest kills while on slayer task is with this gear. All the range stuff here is wrong, I can easily outkill any ranger. Use either extremes or overloads. I use extremes cause overloads seem a waste since the task ends before the extreme boost can really drop enough to make a difference. Soul split flash with maybe a rocktail or 2 is plenty for healing, mage pray the rest of the time. And definitely turmoil. Claws for spec.

pere_grin.png

This isn't about cheap ways to kill Miths or how to go about picking up drops -- this is about maximizing your efficiency in getting faster kills and completing slayer tasks sooner and maximizing your slayer XP.

If you want to offer advice like that provided above -- then go to H&A. This is not the place to argue about whether or not you should range or mage Miths.

It's clearly obvious that the rapier is more efficient.

/thread

nyuseg.png

This isn't about cheap ways to kill Miths or how to go about picking up drops -- this is about maximizing your efficiency in getting faster kills and completing slayer tasks sooner and maximizing your slayer XP.

If you want to offer advice like that provided above -- then go to H&A. This is not the place to argue about whether or not you should range or mage Miths.

It's clearly obvious that the rapier is more efficient faster under the right conditions.

/thread

Uh... ok then, so alknowledging the other two corners of the triangle is not allowed because you said so, awesome. I'm still pretty sure that going all-out with magic would be faster than all-out melee considering the dragon's primary weakness is...idk... magic? I was merely pointing out that even a lowly spell like slayer dart is good enough for the job, certainly not the 'best'.

This isn't about cheap ways to kill Miths or how to go about picking up drops -- this is about maximizing your efficiency in getting faster kills and completing slayer tasks sooner and maximizing your slayer XP.If you want to offer advice like that provided above -- then go to H&A. This is not the place to argue about whether or not you should range or mage Miths. It's clearly obvious that the rapier is more efficient faster under the right conditions./thread
Uh... ok then, so alknowledging the other two corners of the triangle is not allowed because you said so, awesome. I'm still pretty sure that going all-out with magic would be faster than all-out melee considering the dragon's primary weakness is...idk... magic? I was merely pointing out that even a lowly spell like slayer dart is good enough for the job.

Actually, considering their weakness is... idk... stab? rapier is more efficient.

Unhesitating.png