02-May-2011 - Behind the Scenes � May

BloodAngel

This may be a bit late, but was there ever a wedding between Kalphite Queen and KBD in April? Or did i miss it? Or was the mug that was recently released in Jagex store + Customized t-shirts the wedding itself?

They're a private couple. The point was that you got new, cool items from diango. Largely useful in player gatherings, things like confetti, fireworks, firecrackers, a commemorative mug...y'know, just lots of new and interesting emotes.

I'm not an efficienado.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For example, there will be: an optional filter for the Summoning pouch/scroll creation interface, so you can choose to view either all pouches/scrolls or just those youre currently able to make;

Thats all i care about. Not more endlessly scrolling down to make pouches!

I hope they were listening to the temple trecking thread when they made the mineing suit. Mainly that they make it so you can't get 20 pairs of one item before getting a full suit :thumbdown:

And the dging quests/miniquest? sounds interesting.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I am curious. Does British people have Cape fetish? Just asking (no disrespect).

Haha yeah we do! :P

Capes and top hats make you faster, more handsome and more mysterious! Capes are epic but with a TopHat too you're unstopable ;)

This.

Just look at Professor Hershel Layton.

I am curious. Does British people have Cape fetish? Just asking (no disrespect).

Haha yeah we do! :P

Capes and top hats make you faster, more handsome and more mysterious! Capes are epic but with a TopHat too you're unstopable ;)

This.

Just look at Professor Hershel Layton.

So Mr monopoly guy is boss?

Meh.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Time to buy a couple of d picks?

Varrock plate is a bigger boost in experience.

Than the new set? Still people that don't mine alot might want to get it? Besides, it's the hype of a new update that creates the initial demand when the update is launched. They might go high for a couple of hours after update release and then go back..

Are you saying a Sword does not have style in it? Swordmanship>Stylish cape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPVgnuwwHyI

Nope. There are plenty of hot swords out there. I just prefer capes.

That cape is a nice example of having both. Would like to have one of those. :P

Time to buy a couple of d picks?

Varrock plate is a bigger boost in experience.

Than the new set? Still people that don't mine alot might want to get it? Besides, it's the hype of a new update that creates the initial demand when the update is launched. They might go high for a couple of hours after update release and then go back..

varrock plate is on the order of +10% ores/xp.

neither dpick nor this pathetic 2.5% gold armor set beat that.

Dpick might come close tho.

Naaxi.png

If this mining armour works the same way as lumberjack clothing, you can use it without chestplate and it gives you 1.2% extra experience. Not really that much, but I guess everything helps.

Tsukaji.png

If this mining armour works the same way as lumberjack clothing, you can use it without chestplate and it gives you 1.2% extra experience. Not really that much, but I guess everything helps.

if the time taken for those parts is more than a few hours, it wont be worth it unless people are looking to level mining past 99.

I have never seen a worst BTS or updates in my entire 9 years of playing this game - and I thought April was bad.

-Pointless capes

-Yet another way to train mining even though there's no 'reason' to train (ARTISANS ANYONE?)

-Hats that show ki.... wtf is this son of a [bleep]ing update? Who [bleep]ing thinks of something so [bleep]ing stupid?

-Upgrades week... wow. Holy mother of God man, now the fixes and patches are becommnig main updates

-Graphical improvements... these shouldn't be main updates anyway

And omg no, not a quest with 70 strength!

Anyone thinking May is even remotely good must have been hit on the head.

^THIS^ made me LOL, irl. :lol:

... and yes, this is quite possibly the lamest month of "game development" that I have seen in quite a long time ...

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

funny how the upgrade week is the only thing i'm looking forward too. I really really hope they fix summoning familiars appearance causing you to stop doing whatever you did. And also to not have your character run towards the NPC you ordered your steel titan to attack. Both really furstrating and around for ages :(

I have never seen a worst BTS or updates in my entire 9 years of playing this game - and I thought April was bad.

-Pointless capes

-Yet another way to train mining even though there's no 'reason' to train (ARTISANS ANYONE?)

-Hats that show ki.... wtf is this son of a [bleep]ing update? Who [bleep]ing thinks of something so [bleep]ing stupid?

-Upgrades week... wow. Holy mother of God man, now the fixes and patches are becommnig main updates

-Graphical improvements... these shouldn't be main updates anyway

And omg no, not a quest with 70 strength!

Anyone thinking May is even remotely good must have been hit on the head.

^THIS^ made me LOL, irl. :lol:

... and yes, this is quite possibly the lamest month of "game development" that I have seen in quite a long time ...

:rolleyes:

Nah, December last year was. We got an ugly mask, a Dragon Defender, 3 changes to the warrior's guild, damage soaking for more armor, changed hitsplats and the Christmas Event.

This month we get 13 new "skill cape" items, a Mining Minigame Thingy, Some PvP Hats, a batch of player requested tweaks and changes, 2 complete graphic upgrades to 2 areas and 3 Dungeoneering miniquests for more Dungeoneering lore.

Stylishness = Cape > Sword

Everything Else = Sword > Cape

I prefer a combo of both personally.

damn. we need that cape....

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Stylishness = Cape > Sword

Everything Else = Sword > Cape

I prefer a combo of both personally.

damn. we need that cape....

The prayer cape one that guy does is much better be still the attack cape is insane.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Another weak mediocre behind the scenes/updates... Just give us Instanced Bosses please, ffs :notalk:

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Go with the flow in May with flowing capes of distinction and mining at the Lava Flow Mine; then behold players 'walking tall' with hats that morph depending on your Wilderness and Duel Arena kills, and hear even taller tales in the form of the Fremennik Sagas. Finally, round off May with some general upgrades taken from player suggestions on the forums.

Capes of Distinction

I see no practical use for these, which wouldn't be a bad thing if we didn't already have a stupid amount of cosmetic items. Specifically capes.

Dwarf Lava Flow Mine

Solid update, but nothing special or innovative.

Death Hats

It's like i'm really playing Team Fortress 2!

Upgrades Week

Bug fixes/game tweaks/things that should have existed from the start are not content.

Graphical Improvements

This isn't content either.

And what, Draynor's fourth rework?

Fremennik Sagas

Innovative and good for lore. Good update in my opinion.

Have fun!

I'll try.

2v8sgvs.png

You guys do realize that the capes such as max cape and completionist cape will have the best stats of every cape combined right?

So far, here are some things the completionist cape will offer:

- Works as a brown apron for crafting guild and chefs hat for cooking guild

- Has the ardougne cloak teleports built in

- Ardougne Cape stab bonus, fire cape strength bonus, soul wars cape prayer bonus all in one (from what mods have been saying on max forum)

- Works on ice strykewyrms as a fire cape for additional damage

- Acts as an accumulator for arrows

This is all on the completionist cape. Yes, I know that most will not be able to get this cape, but the max cape is definitely achievable now, and will also pair with the completionists as the best capes in the game statwise.

I just don't see why everyone complains, as this to me is a very large update. This also is finally super high level content that gives people a reason to train skills for once.

You guys do realize that the capes such as max cape and completionist cape will have the best stats of every cape combined right?

I just don't see why everyone complains, as this to me is a very large update. This also is finally super high level content that gives people a reason to train skills for once.

As long as they don't botch it by modifying stats/features a la dungeoneering rewards, and update it with new abilities from time to time as they see fit, I have no complaint.

The sagas sound interesting.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

This is really pathetic. That's about all I have to say on the matter.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."