Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

02-May-2011 - Behind the Scenes – May

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
Looks interesting. Mostly aesthetic stuff, unfortunately. Moar dg lore looks cool.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Capes of distinction sound interesting still. Sound like one of those things that people will wear then popularity will eventually die out, however. Happy they're going to be released soon though.

j0xPu5R.png

Junkmutt
[ Display Name History ]

Junkmutt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Location:"I'm an Oregon homeboy where the sun don't shine much, but when it does we appreciate it."
  • RSN:Junkmatt
GAH!!! GIVE ME QUESTS NOW1!@!#@!@#!@#!SHIFT+1!!!!@!!!!!@@!
Drops

Myu
[ Display Name History ]

Myu

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I must be the only one excited to finally see the signature heroes in the game.

They've been in the background since forever yet they've never even met you.

jettrider
[ Display Name History ]

jettrider

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • RSN:Jettrider
  • Clan:DGS
At least they gave the Lava Flow minigame a reward that adds something permanent to the game rather than just filling the 68-77 mining gap.

2496 Completionist

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Mining/smithing/crafting have uses.

Where else are you going to get the gold ore to make gold bars to make gold ammies so that we can have easy, semi-cheap, magic experience?

You sell them after getting the magic xp to create raw money in the game.

Same with mining/smithing mithril+ bars to plates.

It in the end has a use for alching.

So what crafting (ammies/dragonhide), (mining and smithing), (woodcutting and fletching) have a use for is creating money via alching.

You can discuss how useful their use is but it isnt useless otherwise the ores we mine wouldnt sell ;)

timmmmm83
[ Display Name History ]

timmmmm83

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 552 posts
"Death Hats

Who doesn’t like hats? Hats are great! They keep the sun out of your eyes, warm your head in cold weather, can be worn at a jaunty angle, thrown in the air and left to just simply exude general hat-ish qualities. Come mid-May, they’ll also be able to show off to the rest of RuneScape just how many players you’ve PKed in the Wilderness and defeated in the Duel Arena."

Cool for some I guess. :unsure:

What I thought when reading this though: when are they going to erase the 'bounty hunter'-activity from highscores? Since it doesn't even exist anymore...

"Upgrades Week

One of the weeks in May will see a variety of minor updates, fixes and improvements, which have been compiled from some of players' most discussed issues on the forums. For example, there will be: an optional filter for the Summoning pouch/scroll creation interface, so you can choose to view either all pouches/scrolls or just those you’re currently able to make; the herbalist at the Grand Exchange will decant potions into two or three doses; an ‘open all’ option will be added when using a hammer on a coconut; and the message when a bird’s nest drops while Woodcutting will be made more noticeable."

I hope they fix the xp-flaw in fish flingers! (less xp with higher fishing lvl)

Alphanos
[ Display Name History ]

Alphanos

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 330 posts

I must be the only one excited to finally see the signature heroes in the game.

They've been in the background since forever yet they've never even met you.

I assume you mean the background images on the site? I've never noticed them in anything outside Jagex's original posting claiming that they should show up everywhere... :unsure:

The least they could have done was make them into wandering NPCs like Zanik or something.
Alphanos
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users