Why do they still call rs a mmo

iamsomebody1

Every MMO has bots.

I played WoW for awhile and I didn't see any bots...

WoW's anti-botting stuff is really good from what I hear, but there are still bots I'm sure.

Every MMO has bots.

WoW's anti-botting stuff is really good from what I hear, but there are still bots I'm sure.

Ya + I was in a pvp realm they prob stay away from those. Now RS needs to be like WoW before I tell all my friends to play WoW with me so they lose money.

372nd to max total level

NO MMO has >half the players bots and bots at the highest levels of game content. Look for it. Nothing out there is as bot infested as RS now.

Every MMO has bots.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Just because there are bots doesn't make it not a Massively (It is massive) Multiplayer (there are 2 or more players) Online (It is played on the internet) Role Playing Game (You play your character).

PM me for fitocracy invite

So, you're pissed off that bots are effectively doing the jobs nobody wants to do (i.e. woodcutting, fishing, mining, herb gathering)

Honestly, all these damn posts about how everyone is a communist bot are much worse than the actual problem if you think about it.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

... BAN THEM JAGEX

They did. Thousands of them at once in their biggest mass banning ever. As I recall, players were whining then about being unfairly banned.

Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown; ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid is forever.

Private chat on, give me a hyt!

It should not be necessary to say it, but today it is: anyone who wants to be understood has to make damn sure that he has made himself intelligible.

Who is John Galt?

News commentary without a political agenda.

did the responses stating you're a moron and complaining isn't helping in your past 3 threads not give you the hint..?

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Your maxed total level what on earth are you doing at frost dragons?

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

When half the players are computers? and now the bot have taken over frost dragons

I CANT DO ANYTHING W/O A BOT STEALING MY HARD WORK BAN THEM JAGEX

Don't you think they're trying? Please try not to reiterate what's been said countless times before - by saturating the forum in bot rants, many of us are less inclined to bother with them. I only clicked on this because of the attractive title. Foolishly, I did not anticipate it would be a rant like most others.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

When half the players are computers? and now the bot have taken over frost dragons

I CANT DO ANYTHING W/O A BOT STEALING MY HARD WORK BAN THEM JAGEX

People were probably writing bots for MUDs before you were born...bots arnt going anywhere anytime soon.

Fools_Taco.png

Every MMO has bots.

Ya + I was in a pvp realm they prob stay away from those. Now RS needs to be like WoW before I tell all my friends to play WoW with me so they lose money.

Im on a pvp realm that has been around since Vanilla (pre-bc) days. I see mining bots every and then and either steal rocks if they are my faction or kill them on opposing. It isnt that hard for them to script fly back to body on death so to stop any botters it takes intervention from blizzard.

Blizzard controlled the problem from the start *and didnt make a game that revolves around mindless grinding which is why it never became a problem in the first place (in runescape you have statistics saying 30% of Jagex's revinue comes from botters).

This pretty much, but one problem with that: most bots use stolen credit cards to pay for membership. This results in a forced refund that Jagex has to pay as well as a hefty fine.

In addition to that. since RuneScape is browser based, they aren't able to employ many of the anti-bot mechanisms Blizzard is able to use. (eg. this)

j0xPu5R.png

You can stay here complain about bots "takin' our jerbs" and I'll go enjoy my dirt cheap herb prices.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I can't... I decided to get extremes on the last bxpw, which was a few weeks before the SG bots came <_<

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

• 5 weeks later...

Every MMO has bots.

Go for it, I'm sure Jagex won't mind. It's an MMO whether or not you think it is, and your opinion won't change that. Botters won't just go away at the drop of a hat.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

You can stay here complain about bots "takin' our jerbs" and I'll go enjoy my dirt cheap herb prices.

It's not like herb is any cheaper than it was before, i don't understand why people think lvling herblore is any cheaper seeing as the potions(which determines how much money you save) crashed just as much as the herb (which is how much it costs).