Terraria

sarg1010

Derp, spelled the title wrong. TerrAria. My bad.

http://www.terraria.org/

Logo.png

Dig, fight, explore, build! Nothing is impossible in this action-packed adventure game. The world is your canvas and the ground itself is your paint.

Terraria is coming soon OUT NOW!

Grab your tools and go! You can do many things in Terraria: make weapons and fight off a variety of enemies in numerous biomes, dig deep underground to find accessories, money, and other useful things, gather wood, stone, ores, and other resources to create everything you need to make the world your own and defend it. Build a house, a fort, even a castle, and people will move in to live there and perhaps even sell you different wares to assist you on your journey. But beware, there are even more challenges awaiting you... Are you up to the task?

Older news.

[hide]

If you like Minecraft, and want to try something new, Terreria could be the new game for you! It looks very interesting, especially having seen someone actually play it for quite a while. (

)

Known features.

Also, there WILL be bosses, some of which can be summoned. Monsters will spawn at night, and lower leveled, easier monsters during the day.

[spoiler=Pictures of the game!]ss11.png

-Boss fight against an unknown enemy.

ss8.png

-Boss fight against The Eye of Cthulhu

ss4.png

-A shot of the "corrupt" areas of the world.

ss12.png

-Exploration underground will be possible, with chances of finding health or mana boosters, money, or different kinds of materials.

ss13.png

-There are instances where you can make "dungeon runs", which can lead to epic gear.

ss5.png

-Resources such as wood and metal make an appearance.

ss3.png

-A picture of the types of buildings you can create, with different NPC's can move in, such as nurses or traders.

The trailer only came out a week or two ago, and new items and features are being added every day.

One more thing, the dev's have said that the inspiration for this game has come from many different places.

Basically everything for now has been posted. Release date is pending, but so far it looks great! Episode #23 of the video link I posted has the commentator playing with a developer, so that could be worth a watch. But yea, I will most definitely be getting this game when it comes out.

EDIT(s):

Video with one of the developers, Blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdqqb5WWx10

Confirmed being able to create many different worlds, due to every world being limited in size. However, inventory WILL transfer over between worlds, meaning you can take resources from one world, hop, and place them in another world.[/hide]

Newest stuff.

Video of 1.1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azq5IOrFtEI&feature=player_embedded

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Oh yeah I remember Notch (Creator of Minecraft) tweeted about this game last week. It looks great! I wish we can get a release date on it.

Predatorsig.png

RSN: Cool Guy878 "D2S" (lost all my friends after a 2 year break, feel free to add me.)

Thanks for that :grin: Yea I knew you could, just didn't know where to find it.

Looks like a 2D Minecraft with bosses ... and explode-able TNT in water. :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got myself a copy, and so far, I'm getting the exact same vibes as I was when I first started playing Minecraft - and this is a good thing.

I honestly had zero clue what the hell I was doing at first, I couldn't build a house at all, so I basically sat on my failed house and fought off zombies and floating eyeballs until I ended up dying - at which point I decided to actually read a short beginner's guide to it, and then it started getting a little easier, lol.

I've died several times since then, though. One was the result of stumbling into the corrupted area, panicking when I started taking damage from something, then jumping into a chasm as a result and exploding into bloody chunks on impact with the bottom. Was hilarious, I'll admit. Others just tended to be getting into a situation where I was getting piled by waay too many critters at once, or getting cornered, or something similar.

I've only gotten the guide and a merchant in my world right now, though. Both have fairly tiny houses, but I have my own larger home in which I have storage chests, a furnace and anvil, workbench, etc. Purposely left out a chair, so the building wouldn't be considered as npc house material, so I won't come back to some random noob moving into my storage area.

Currently, I've left my small village of three shacks and headed out to the left (seeing as the right leads to corruption and likely another bloody, chunky end) in search of mushrooms, caves, and any copper and iron I can scavenge near the surface. Hoping to get enough money to purchase the miner's helmet from the merchant, but it's fairly costly for my current situation, lol.

Overall, it's a hell of a good game. Extremely simplistic looking (kinda like Minecraft), but it's a lot of fun.

Link_Olaran.png

• 1 month later...

Bought it on sale.

This game's incredible. I love it a ton.

I died to the Eye of Cthulhu three times though, lol. Now I know that I have to fight it on a flat platform for it to be easier.

Yeah, it took me an hour or two of trying to kill the Eye of Cthulhu the first time as well, but once you get his attack patterns down, assuming you have enough time and potions (and shurikens, assuming you're only in starter gear), you should be able to take him down. Very, very helpful to have a large flat platform to fight him on so you can dodge.

The new potion/buff system makes it even easier - gravitation potion with a closed in large box so you can flip up onto the ceiling and down again at will helps a lot if you can control it. Ironskin and hp regeneration buffs are all that I really need, though - admittedly, I'm in silver armor and have 340 ish hp from the ton of heart crystals I keep finding, but still.

Eater of Worlds and Skeletron will prove far more difficult than the Eye, so get used to dodging a lot - you used to be able to just lure EoW back to spawn and just suicide kill him, but since he flees when you die now AND can only be fought in the corruption, he's a bit more difficult.

I personally rate Terraria as equal to Minecraft in how good the gameplay is, in my opinion. They're both slightly different takes on the same sort of genre, but both are extremely fun.

Only thing I really dislike about Terraria are those god damned bats that constantly swarm me everywhere. Just enough health to be a nuisance, do a decent amount of damage, too small for me to accurately shoot them down with a bow, and somehow they're fast enough to ram me when I try using my sword occasionally. Very, very irritating -.-

Oh, and of course they have different variations just about frigging everywhere, so you can never really get away from them, either. Other than the dungeon, normal surface, and desert, they're everywhere or there's a different flying creature that's even more irritating to deal with (such as eater of souls swarming in corruption).

Link_Olaran.png

Might pick it up because it is on sale. I have a friend that really wants me to play it and I want too...as soon as Im done with runescape lol.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Is this like Minecraft was to everyone, where it looks incredibly boring and stupid, but once you play it you find out it is actually a good game?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

It's a lot more interesting than Minecraft in my opinion. It's more focused on fighting and exploring whereas Minecraft focuses more on building structures. There's also a ton more content in Terraria than there is in Minecraft.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

The building aspect is in Terraria, it's just not as advanced as Minecraft.

One thing that is cool about Terraria is that, if you create a new world, you don't have to start from scratch again. Your character will keep all his stats and items, and you can make multiple characters.

We should make a TIF server on here. Equipment and supplies carry over from singleplayer to multiplayer, so it could be pretty fun. Much like people have done with Minecraft. :thumbup:

Made a new world specifically for building and endgame content.

Built a tower for me and am currently building a hotel for the NPCs. Then I'll probably make a hellevator (A hole that you drop into that makes you drop into the underworld and has cobwebs at the bottom to slow your fall).

Been playing it a few days now. Must say I REALLY enjoy it. I am also working on hosting my own server.

The video I used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbbrxGipLLs&feature=channel_video_title

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Well, so far on the map I've been playing on, I've reached the Underworld (died twice), found two floating islands within jumping distance of each other (lucky charm and red balloon were found), aaaand now I just found an underground jungle after jumping off of one of the islands and landing in a cave. Died there, but found some feral claws, which are very useful. This has turned out to be a pretty awesome map. The underground jungle is very dangerous though, so anyone who finds it better be ready to be attacked by Man Eaters from underneath.

This game is so addicting... :blink:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

I bought this game on Steam's sales. Dang, it's so amazing. I'm still incredibly early in the game (I just reached the cavern layer, mined my first silver ore, but almost died to worms). That's my main problem in the game: I keep dying :P Oh well, just looking at the wiki, it's amazing how much content is actually in the game. :thumbup:

1icyna.png

• 3 weeks later...

Some kind soul on a random server I joined gave me high end gear (a Flamarang and that fire spike flail thing). Still haven't the opportunity to fight the Eye of Cthulhu yet, because the stupid demon eyes refuse to drop lenses.

You're actually quite lucky to get a sunfury, those are likely a bit more difficult to obtain with the new version, due to the mob that drops them (bone serpents) spawning less frequently thanks to all the other new mobs that spawn there now as well. Not to mention it's quite likely one of the best weapons in the game, pvm wise (no clue about pvp, not my thing).

Demon eyes generally drop lenses every 3-4 eyes you kill (if not more often) so having trouble getting them is a bit unusual. Must be a bit of a dry streak, lol. Don't worry, you'll be up to your ears in them after a few more hours of game play :P

Just keep at it with killing the eyes, you'll get enough eventually. If worse comes to worse, the Eye of Cthulhu is supposed to automatically spawn after a certain point in the game, assuming you've met certain requirements - I believe it's having 200hp, and not having killed him before, and he'll spawn at some point in the evening after that (after giving you a warning message saying "an evil presence is watching you", of course). I'm not 100% sure on the requirements, however.

At the very least, once you do get him to spawn, you'll completely destroy him with that sunfury >.>

I personally haven't been playing a lot of Terraria lately, although I am heavily anticipating the next update, which I hope comes out within the next week or so - I think Tiy said at some point that it would be next month, and it's the 31st now (here, anyway), so...

I'm glad to see this topic still being posted in, as well. This game deserves to be recognized more, it's easily one of the best games I personally have ever played (and I've played a lot of video games >.>).

Link_Olaran.png

Was halfway mining a meteor when the night started, which became a blood moon. I didn't realise that blood moons increase the spawns of all monsters even if only 1 type of monster can spawn (ie tons of meteor heads). FML