03-May-2011 � Capes of Distinction

How can you stand the milestone capes, Swedish? I think they're hideous. Though to each his own I suppose. I'll stick with my Mining cape.

I think 10, 40, 50, 60, 90 and maybe 80 are nice.

but 20, 30, 70 are hideous.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love this update <3:!

The entire idea of a brilliant cape for players who've played for five years, played RuneScape Classic, achieved Maxed Total, and even went beyond that to achieve almost everything the game has to offer is magnificent, and I congratulate Jagex on executing such an idea well :thumbup:.

Well done!

"Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

Vandite.png

This update was meh.

Positive:

Completionist cape. I love it. It sets a goal for maxed players, and is exclusive. Even though I don't have the completionist cape yet, I'm sure working for one. Also love the emote and the ability to redecorate it.

Max cape. Love the character, the emote, and redecoration ability. My goal is now 'Get the max cape' instead of 'Max out'. Absolutely love it.

Negative:

The milestone capes are useless because they do not offer any stat bonuses. I've created all, and dumped them in my POH. The only one I like is the 90 cape, and that colour doesn't go well with my outfit.

Veteran cape is ugly. Worn it once, dropped in POH. I will never wear that again. Also, the emote is a taskmaster ripoff. Thank god the Taskmaster's pillar is higher (show off :D)

RSC cape. Well, don't like the colours, don't like the emote - what were they thinking! I'd love it if the emote turned you into the silly 2-D figure from RSC with the bubble above your head, not an graphically enchaned thingie. That ruins the whole point, and I'm sure most people who can wear the cape don't even know what the bubble means.

F2p: Even though I'm p2p, f2p should have had some capes. Veteran, RSC, maybe a 'F2p max'. Although I do understand Jagex' point (MONIES FOR CONTENT), I think a small cape update for f2p with some advertisement for p2p would be better for their player base.

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

This update was meh.

Positive:

Completionist cape. I love it. It sets a goal for maxed players, and is exclusive. Even though I don't have the completionist cape yet, I'm sure working for one. Also love the emote and the ability to redecorate it.

Max cape. Love the character, the emote, and redecoration ability. My goal is now 'Get the max cape' instead of 'Max out'. Absolutely love it.

Negative:

The milestone capes are useless because they do not offer any stat bonuses. I've created all, and dumped them in my POH. The only one I like is the 90 cape, and that colour doesn't go well with my outfit.

Veteran cape is ugly. Worn it once, dropped in POH. I will never wear that again. Also, the emote is a taskmaster ripoff. Thank god the Taskmaster's pillar is higher (show off :D)

RSC cape. Well, don't like the colours, don't like the emote - what were they thinking! I'd love it if the emote turned you into the silly 2-D figure from RSC with the bubble above your head, not an graphically enchaned thingie. That ruins the whole point, and I'm sure most people who can wear the cape don't even know what the bubble means.

F2p: Even though I'm p2p, f2p should have had some capes. Veteran, RSC, maybe a 'F2p max'. Although I do understand Jagex' point (MONIES FOR CONTENT), I think a small cape update for f2p with some advertisement for p2p would be better for their player base.

veteran cape may seem kind of ugly on it's own, but makes a really nice cape to go with the dark blue outfit from m.a.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

[hide]

This update was meh.

Positive:

Negative:

[/hide]

veteran cape may seem kind of ugly on it's own, but makes a really nice cape to go with the dark blue outfit from m.a.

I usually wear full elite, that does not match with the cape at all :sad:

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

Game cards r trickier to come by in europe until v recently.

Game cards has always been somewhat of an American thing.

But after Walmart picked em up Asda followed suit (wat with being owned by same ppl)

Game and HMV both stock some game cards now.

Tesco, Sainburys picked up game cards to compete with Asda. I think some morrissons, co-ops and waitrose have as well.

And I'm fairly sure at least some of them stores have Europe wide presence.

Game cards, the whole concept, is something you only see in game stores here in Belgium, and RS game cards for RS aren't on that list, at least not at Gamemania, the biggest game store here.

Oh well, not that I need those cards, just use my creditcard for already 5-6 years.

Co-op used to sell them but we have had to withdraw them (at least our shop has and we haven't been sent any more) as they didn't work on our new systems. This wasn't just Runescape ones, but ones for all gift cards such as NEXT, H&M and M&S. But I have seen them in a lot of other shops, usually larger shops have them it's just finding them that's the problem.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

How can you stand the milestone capes, Swedish? I think they're hideous. Though to each his own I suppose. I'll stick with my Mining cape.

Well, I guess I am simply for colourful designs and that we are now able to show off our totals in a better way than before.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Well, I guess I am simply for colourful designs and that we are now able to show off our totals in a better way than before.

It also certainly encourages people to train their lowest skill. This way if they have 80+ all other skills and like 40 Dungeoneering, they'll be more inclined to train Dungeoneering.

j0xPu5R.png