03-May-2011 � Capes of Distinction

OMFG. UBER EMOTE. :D

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]

No champion challenge requirement needed for completionist cape.

Why have a 'completionist' cape when people are able to wear it without 100% completing the game...

They might as well remove the 120 dung requirement, that is an insane requirement too.

You need all music, can't get all music without a champ scroll.

[/hide]

You might need one champion scroll then. What about the others? :unsure:

Not even completing statue of Dahmaroc, the guy who presumably made it. <_<

rT2q2.jpg

Oh look, it's Jagex trolling F2P again :P

Isn't that nice when they said this just yesterday.
That winning veteran cape design will soon be available to all players who have had a RuneScape account for at least five years.
Sephy.png

Veteran cape is P2P?

LAAAAME,in the update it states "For ALL players",meh

EDIT:

didnt read :

A distinct series of new capes have been added to the members’ game, including milestone capes for those who train every skill, the Classic and veteran capes for those who started playing RuneScape a long time ago, the max cape for players with 99 in all skills, and the completionist cape for those who have seen and done it all.

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I can understand somewhat if the Veteran Cape is P2P, but honestly, making even the Classic Cape P2P is a downright slap in the face to any free player who has actually been around that long. If the entire point of the Classic Cape is to show that you've played since RSC, or have at least logged into RSC, it has nothing to do with whether you used to be a member or not. Neither does the Veteran Cape.

Mind as well have a cape called "Supporting Jagex" for those who've been members of the game for more than X amount of years consistently.

c88fa6c4d1b78db60e603ff611dd6e68.png

deviantArt | A book without a cover | My poems | My Sigs

I'm an artist of words.

I can understand somewhat if the Veteran Cape is P2P, but honestly, making even the Classic Cape P2P is a downright slap in the face to any free player who has actually been around that long. If the entire point of the Classic Cape is to show that you've played since RSC, or have at least logged into RSC, it has nothing to do with whether you used to be a member or not. Neither does the Veteran Cape.

Mind as well have a cape called "Supporting Jagex" for those who've been members of the game for more than X amount of years consistently.

There won't be much protest over the classic cape. Why? Because too many of the old ones have gone. Heheheh.

Browsing the RSOF, the line "F2P is a demo" or "F2P is a trial version" or even "F2Pers should count themselves lucky, other games don't get updates on their free version" are resurfacing.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Got my classic and veteran cape, wore them for a few minutes and now they're in my PoH :P Classic cape is a lot nicer than the Veteran one in my opinion. You also look like a girl when talking to someone in the Veteran Hood (possibly also when wearing the RSC hood, I didn't check). The Completionist cape emote is really nice, props to Jagex on that one though I doubt I will ever get it.

Interesting they have finally decided to remove the 100k xp/wk requirement for ToG as well.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Capescape v2.

Capes are really becoming to important in this game. They have become one of the sole reasons many people play.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

My biggest gripe is that neither of these two capes require any form of member participation. As far as I can tell, they were designed to reward players who had been around that long as either a sign of appreciation or some sign of grandeur or accomplishment. You need Members for the Milestone capes, but no one is required to pay for Members to fulfil the requirements for either Classic or Veteran capes.

If the rationale is due to stats, there is nothing wrong with having stats-only versions of those capes in P2P. Regardless, I cannot understand why a cape of distinction should be forbidden to players who earned that distinction.

I'm not even going to approach the "F2P don't deserve anything" argument as prior posts did explicitly state they would be available to all players.

c88fa6c4d1b78db60e603ff611dd6e68.png

deviantArt | A book without a cover | My poems | My Sigs

I'm an artist of words.

If you've been playing for 5+ years and have stayed f2p the entire time, you aren't doing anything to help jagex out. Membership helps fund the game. Also, it gives you a reason to go to members.

C1Geq.png

All the milestone capes have no stats, even though even 70+ all stats takes more XP than a single 99.

Great stuff.

Suddenly I want to get all skills level 99! I atleast expected the all 90's cape to have some stats, non at all is a bit insulting. The stats are hawt on the max cape, would be happy with just that, only 17 skills left to get to 99...

I'm pretty irritated that all of the milestone capes of 10s have zero stats. As has been pointed out, the 70s cape takes more experience than a 99, the 80s almost as much as 4 99s, and the 90s cape somewhere around 10 99s. Really the 70s cape and up should at least get stats equal to skillcapes. Otherwise they'll see little use, and isn't most of the point of this to get more in-game variety in cape use?

Alphanos

Alphanos.png