Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Full Completionist Cape Requirement List (Including Trim. Reqs)

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

Gwasha
[ Display Name History ]

Gwasha

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Gwasha
  • Clan:HashtagSWAG

Why are people so surprised/think it's ridiculous that the trimmed completionist cape requires 5k castle wars games? You get the cape for completing everything in the game. Castle wars professional requires the completion of 5k castle wars games if you did not complete this you did not complete the game so why should you get the true completionist cape?

You're telling me 83 days (or whatever the hell it is) is a reasonable requirement? It's not completing, it's not "becoming good at castle wars," 5,000 games is an absurd requirement. They could have tagged this number onto anything. "Derp kill 20,000 level 21 gaurds." It doesn't benefit anything, you aren't getting better, it's just a requirement to make the cape harder, if not impossible, to get. And as a personal opinion, castle wars is a dead and terrible minigame anyways, which makes the matter even worse.

Note that I have no problem that "playing castle wars" is a requirement. 100 games? Meh. 500 games? Meh. But 83 days of straight playing time is by no means reasonable and realistic.
Posted Image

Myu
[ Display Name History ]

Myu

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
even if it was just 2.5k games it's just not sane.

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

Why are people so surprised/think it's ridiculous that the trimmed completionist cape requires 5k castle wars games? You get the cape for completing everything in the game. Castle wars professional requires the completion of 5k castle wars games if you did not complete this you did not complete the game so why should you get the true completionist cape?

Personally because I thought I heard somewhere along the way that mini games would not be part of it. Other then that no I have no reason to be surprised.

for the completion cape everyone wanted minigames and champ scrolls and statues not part of it just quest/task/magic/spells

the majority of all 99/120 dg wanted that cape but it would be rediculous to require certain things like minigames as most were against it but then they also suggested a super completionist cape with eerything which is what the trimmed one is.

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1

You're telling me 83 days (or whatever the hell it is) is a reasonable requirement? It's not completing, it's not "becoming good at castle wars," 5,000 games is an absurd requirement. They could have tagged this number onto anything. "Derp kill 20,000 level 21 gaurds." It doesn't benefit anything, you aren't getting better, it's just a requirement to make the cape harder, if not impossible, to get. And as a personal opinion, castle wars is a dead and terrible minigame anyways, which makes the matter even worse.

Note that I have no problem that "playing castle wars" is a requirement. 100 games? Meh. 500 games? Meh. But 83 days of straight playing time is by no means reasonable and realistic.

5000 games is the last requirement to unlock everything in castle wars. I don't see how you could call it a completionist cape if you haven't completed everything. I'm not saying it's in any way sane but you haven't actually completed everything without doing this.

timmmmm83
[ Display Name History ]

timmmmm83

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 552 posts

5000 games is the last requirement to unlock everything in castle wars. I don't see how you could call it a completionist cape if you haven't completed everything. I'm not saying it's in any way sane but you haven't actually completed everything without doing this.

Rum Deal, Rogue's Den and fish flingers are not included either, yet they all have untradeable rewards. So why should Castle Wars be a requirement? (with a ridiculous ammount of games)

Either include them too or your point is invalid imo.

Try
[ Display Name History ]

Try

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 96 posts

Rum Deal, Rogue's Den and fish flingers are not included either, yet they all have untradeable rewards. So why should Castle Wars be a requirement? (with a ridiculous ammount of games)

Either include them too or your point is invalid imo.

Jagex probably forgot about those.

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures
On the topic of chompy kills - i'm getting the gold hat - I got around 100 k/h in my first few hours, currently at 130 k/h and I'm fairly sure 150 k/h is possible.

Not looting the raw chompies, of course.

Micromal
[ Display Name History ]

Micromal

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • RSN:Gleothain
To the people whining about the 5k Castle Wars games:
That is for the trimmed version. Which means you can get the completionist cape for the more sane "all skills max, all quests/tasks, music, miniquests, spells and prayers/curses complete". That is already a massive achievement, the TRIMMED Completionist Cape is, then, not for those who have done everything, it is for those who have completed the game in as well as every aspect.
/discussion

Posted Image

Proud Quester!

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RSN:xpx

To the people whining about the 5k Castle Wars games:
That is for the trimmed version. Which means you can get the completionist cape for the more sane "all skills max, all quests/tasks, music, miniquests, spells and prayers/curses complete". That is already a massive achievement, the TRIMMED Completionist Cape is, then, not for those who have done everything, it is for those who have completed the game in as well as every aspect.
/discussion

why not add 5k chimp ice deliveries, then? One requirement making up like 90% of the hours needed to trim makes absolutely no sense to me, it's just overkill for one of many minigames which alot of people don't particularly like. There could be similar arguments about making other minigames make up the majority of time to trim, like making you kill each champion 50 times, but there is no logic behind putting so much on just one requirement(comp cape doesn't require 200m slayer/rc, for example).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Micromal
[ Display Name History ]

Micromal

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • RSN:Gleothain
There are no reward after 25 chimp ice deliveries, there is a reward for 5000 CW games. For me, the trimmed Completionist Cape should include EVERYTHING. That is Rogue's Den, Dragon Defender, all emotes etc.

Posted Image

Proud Quester!

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
Well if you're going to go crazy with completionism, may as well draw it out a bit.

(That means I like the 5K CW req)

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer

There are no reward after 25 chimp ice deliveries, there is a reward for 5000 CW games. For me, the trimmed Completionist Cape should include EVERYTHING. That is Rogue's Den, Dragon Defender, all emotes etc.

Jagex any day could decide.. Lets make an update that means 5000 chimp ice deliveries!! Once you get 5000 chimp ice deliveries..! You get a golden chimp ice.

There you go. A new completionist goal. (Imagine this was the case before the cape was released.) Now you must add that to the completionist trimmed cape requirements.

Its just a made up number with no real meaning considering its just based on number of games you have played. Which is absurdly high.

Now you may agree with that. However I dont. Its just silly more than anything. I would feel NO achievement in finishing 5000 games. Its just meaningless unless you wanted the rank or something. A rank isnt 'completing runescape' however.

The idea of the cape in castlewars was sweet but that should not equal completing the game. Its bizarre to think that the number '5000' castlewar games is something you would want to do to 'complete' runescape.
VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
I agree with the above. There is already a reward for 5k so missing it out would mean you haven't completed the game.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
I dont give him uber respect for 2 reasons:

1) I know there's other players with 5,000+ CW Games but merely dont have everything else done.
2) to have done E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G in the game, honestly you need a break. A long one.

Popoto.~<3

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

I agree with the above. There is already a reward for 5k so missing it out would mean you haven't completed the game.

The 5k cw cape was only made because jagex knew there already were some cw crazies. It makes absolutely no sense for the requirement of one minigame to be soooo much larger than for the other ones- it's just inconsistent. And as far as completing the game, i'd guess there are alot of people who don't believe anything below 5b xp is really completing the game, and while that would be a ridiculous requirement, so is 5k cw games(that's only one minigame, but takes as much time as 200m in a skill at 100k an hour, only 1-2 skills being under that currently). Anyone who argues for 5k cw games should also agree with 200m in agility, fishing, woodcutting or mining requirement for it to make any sense.

I_am_Not
[ Display Name History ]

I_am_Not

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 599 posts

I dont give him uber respect for 2 reasons:

1) I know there's other players with 5,000+ CW Games but merely dont have everything else done.
2) to have done E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G in the game, honestly you need a break. A long one.

Assuming playing since the game was released (which im fairly certain omustardo has) it really isn't that much
not to mention he happens to like castle wars which gave him a huge advantage

ot: in regards to someone being close after omustardo, next closest i believe is baller_melo8 who's missing 70m dung exp.

Omustardo will be the only one for some time I think
Posted Image
If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RSN:Danqazmlp

The 5k cw cape was only made because jagex knew there already were some cw crazies. It makes absolutely no sense for the requirement of one minigame to be soooo much larger than for the other ones- it's just inconsistent. And as far as completing the game, i'd guess there are alot of people who don't believe anything below 5b xp is really completing the game, and while that would be a ridiculous requirement, so is 5k cw games(that's only one minigame, but takes as much time as 200m in a skill at 100k an hour, only 1-2 skills being under that currently). Anyone who argues for 5k cw games should also agree with 200m in agility, fishing, woodcutting or mining requirement for it to make any sense.

There is a reward in-game for 5k games. There is no in-game reward for 200m in a skill. One means you have played for a long time doing a single skill for no reward other than to be higher than others, one means you have attained one of the hardest and rarest items in the game. Which sounds like completing it to you?
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

All_Bogs
[ Display Name History ]

All_Bogs

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,531 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:All Bogs
Those are some crazy requirements. It's just a trim though, I can live with not having that :P

By the way, the basic list seems to be missing 'unlocking all music'.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

There is a reward in-game for 5k games. There is no in-game reward for 200m in a skill. One means you have played for a long time doing a single skill for no reward other than to be higher than others, one means you have attained one of the hardest and rarest items in the game. Which sounds like completing it to you?

Having your rank chiseled in the hiscores can be considered just as much of a reward as the cw cape- afterall, 99 doesn't mean you've completed the skill- you can still go on until 200m, at which point you can no longer gain experience in the skill- you've COMPLETED it. Scroll of cleansing doesn't have a reward for buying it, yet it's still a requirement. By your standards, working really long to get a Christmas cracker should be a requirement too(it too takes ridiculously much time and at the end you get one of the rarest items in game).

Also, the major argument against 5k cw games isn't that there would be no award for that, but that it's really inconsistent to all other minigames. There is no veterans MA armor set at 20k rank, there is no veterans conquest cape at 100k conquest rank and there is certainly nothing at 100k FoG rank, so please, tell me a reason cw should have a ridiculous veterans reward and NONE of the other minigames do? Unless you can answer that, the 5k cw games will forever be unreasonable(unless they add similarly ridiculous requirements for other minigames, that is).

Squisher_33
[ Display Name History ]

Squisher_33

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
correct me if im wrong but 25 chimp ice deliveries means you loose the best thieve xp in rs forever right?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users