Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Full Completionist Cape Requirement List (Including Trim. Reqs)

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

I agree with the above. There is already a reward for 5k so missing it out would mean you haven't completed the game.

The 5k cw cape was only made because jagex knew there already were some cw crazies. It makes absolutely no sense for the requirement of one minigame to be soooo much larger than for the other ones- it's just inconsistent. And as far as completing the game, i'd guess there are alot of people who don't believe anything below 5b xp is really completing the game, and while that would be a ridiculous requirement, so is 5k cw games(that's only one minigame, but takes as much time as 200m in a skill at 100k an hour, only 1-2 skills being under that currently). Anyone who argues for 5k cw games should also agree with 200m in agility, fishing, woodcutting or mining requirement for it to make any sense.

At least castle wars is a lot more fun than getting 200m xp.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx

Says you. I would rather get 200m rc than that, really(and no, i've never even considered getting trimmed cape myself, although normal comp isn't far-fetched at all).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts

Says you. I would rather get 200m rc than that, really(and no, i've never even considered getting trimmed cape myself, although normal comp isn't far-fetched at all).

I've considered max/comp cape as well...runecrafting is the major reason I won't.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

I've considered max/comp cape as well...runecrafting is the major reason I won't.

And CW will be the major obstacle for trim, although with no good reason(5k cw games = 10x 99 rc).

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
Isn't there something you can do in cw (eg. humidify) ?

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
I think Jagex introduced limits on non-combat spells in CW since people were abusing it for the lack of randoms. I might be wrong though.

And please, let's NOT turn this into a "200m xp isn't fun" argument. I can't personally stand the prospect of training anything up to 200m, and I think CW is one of RS's best features, but if some people like it, live and let be.

_Douglas
[ Display Name History ]

_Douglas

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Clan:The Gladiatorz 110+ F2P Combat

Isn't there something you can do in cw (eg. humidify) ?

Nope, they routinely stop you from doing anything else besides castle wars while you do your castle wars in castle wars. You're not allowed to do anything for these ~90 days besides castle wars.

While I understand that there is a reward at 5000 games, and therefore is needed for "completion", perhaps the reward is set too high to begin with.

Proud Gladiator

Posted Image

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
I suppose many would argue the reward comes in playing the game, the 5K limit is just to say 'Job well done' as a personal milestone that isn't meant to be grinded, but makes a nice benchmark for this particular cape.

Though I am sat wondering how you can have enough time to be a minigame/CW fanatic AND do everything else in the game. Surely one or the other would have been a better way to do this.

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
Yeah lol there are loads of afking 138's now in castle wars and it isnt even peak time yet.

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
Okay, so when you get the Completionist Cape, do a Rhino and a Hydra spawn in your POH??

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

LitterBug
[ Display Name History ]

LitterBug

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,428 posts
  • RSN:LitterBug01

I suppose many would argue the reward comes in playing the game, the 5K limit is just to say 'Job well done' as a personal milestone that isn't meant to be grinded, but makes a nice benchmark for this particular cape.

Though I am sat wondering how you can have enough time to be a minigame/CW fanatic AND do everything else in the game. Surely one or the other would have been a better way to do this.

I think everybody agrees that if you get the completionist cape - you're actually enjoying this game not grinding just for a few achievements
However, the main problem seems to be that 5k castle war games is a little bit ridiculous.
Granted - you have fun but you shouldn't have to waste (what is the estimate at? like 2 straight months?) of playing castle wars?
A lot of these things do take time, i.e 4k chompy kills, all the various quests/minigames/etc but honestly - 5k castle wars?
That's a little bit over the top.
Posted Image

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
I meant enjoying Castle Wars, not RuneScape in general.

Like, when you play sport at an amateur level. It's not with a view to gaining something else. It's just for the love of the game. Probably because sport is designed with an aim to facilitate enjoyable experiences, in other words people play sport not because they expect a reward but because they don't and much of the enjoyment comes from experiencing how the game plays out. Any consequent reward is a bonus. Since CW is a competitive minigame, or at least is meant to be, the same would apply.

Those playing CW for the sake of playing CW wouldn't care about setting a target for this cape, since they wouldn't find the setting of specific targets as enjoyable. Setting predictable targets which involve playing an unpredictable game like CW bastardises the whole point of why the minigame was made. That reason above all else is why the requirement should be removed.

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

I think everybody agrees that if you get the completionist cape - you're actually enjoying this game not grinding just for a few achievements

120 Dungeoneering isn't grinding?
I think not.
I think alot of people grind certain things for the fun of recieving the prize at the end.

Personally, I think 2 versions of the completionist cape is stupid.
There should be only one (the one that says I have done everything and I constantly have to do each update as it comes out to keep it).
But jagex loves to give into the whiners on hlf who said "my 120 dungeoneering cape isn't special enough... you can't just have a do everything cape and an all 99 cape".
So now you have the nerfed completionist cape.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

benisfab
[ Display Name History ]

benisfab

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • RSN:Errr
To trim an ordinary 99 cape, you need 2 99s.

So therefore to trim the completionist cape, you should really have to have 2 completionist capes. IE, TWO SEPERATE accounts with the completionist cape...

In that sense, 5k cw games is getting off lightly.

My Blog
2 Visage Drops.
Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

Posted Image

Posted Image

LitterBug
[ Display Name History ]

LitterBug

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

So therefore to trim the completionist cape, you should really have to have 2 completionist capes. IE, TWO SEPERATE accounts with the completionist cape...

An trimmed 99 has better stats then a normal 99.
If you had to get two accounts that were "completed" how would you
a.) link them?
b.) choose where the completionist cape goes?

lol, split the completionist cape in half and make it into a scarf?
Posted Image

benisfab
[ Display Name History ]

benisfab

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 404 posts

An trimmed 99 has better stats then a normal 99.
If you had to get two accounts that were "completed" how would you
a.) link them?
b.) choose where the completionist cape goes?

lol, split the completionist cape in half and make it into a scarf?

Its theoretical, obviously..

The point is,if you want to trim it - you should have to do the same amount of work as it took you to get the cape in the first place.

So imagine having to get the completionist cape on TWO accounts - that's the amount of work it should be to get a trimmed one.

My Blog
2 Visage Drops.

Posted Image

Posted Image

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

The point is,if you want to trim it - you should have to do the same amount of work as it took you to get the cape in the first place.

So imagine having to get the completionist cape on TWO accounts - that's the amount of work it should be to get a trimmed one.

If you play efficiently enough maxing an account(apart from 120 dungeoneering perhaps, that's around 400 hours on it's own) would take less than 2000 hours ingame time. So yeah, the trim requirements right now are about on par with maxing another account, mainly because of the cw requirement.

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RSN:helring

except for the fact that all 99's are not created equal. Theoretically you'd only need a cooking cape to trim an rc cape which takes a lot less time. In this case it's more like 2 separate completionist tasks, one requiring maxing all skills and the other requiring maxing all minigames(except you know...they failed to include them all.)

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

benisfab
[ Display Name History ]

benisfab

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 404 posts

If you play efficiently enough maxing an account(apart from 120 dungeoneering perhaps, that's around 400 hours on it's own) would take less than 2000 hours ingame time. So yeah, the trim requirements right now are about on par with maxing another account, mainly because of the cw requirement.

But 120 dungeoneering should be included (it's a requirement for untrimmed afterall :rolleyes: ) so that's 2400 hours (100 days play time).

And again, only assuming your able to be super efficient for 100 days solid play - i highly doubt anybody who owns an untrimmed completionist cape has anywhere near only 100 days of playtime.

So my point is, to trim the cape you should have to do at least 100 days worth of play time in order to trim it - someone said 5000 CW tickets is 90 days... Sounds like a pretty fair requirement to me.

My Blog
2 Visage Drops.

Posted Image

Posted Image

LitterBug
[ Display Name History ]

LitterBug

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

But 120 dungeoneering should be included (it's a requirement for untrimmed afterall :rolleyes: ) so that's 2400 hours (100 days play time).

And again, only assuming your able to be super efficient for 100 days solid play - i highly doubt anybody who owns an untrimmed completionist cape has anywhere near only 100 days of playtime.

So my point is, to trim the cape you should have to do at least 100 days worth of play time in order to trim it - someone said 5000 CW tickets is 90 days... Sounds like a pretty fair requirement to me.

You neglect that a trimmed 99 is > a untrimmed 99
A trimmed completionist just gives another emote...

If you're going to compare two things - they should scale similarly.
You shouldn't be wasting >a year of playing to get pretty much nothing added.
Sounds silly TBH.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users