Full Completionist Cape Requirement List (Including Trim. Reqs)

Screamra

I think everybody agrees that if you get the completionist cape - you're actually enjoying this game not grinding just for a few achievements

120 Dungeoneering isn't grinding?

I think not.

I think alot of people grind certain things for the fun of recieving the prize at the end.

Personally, I think 2 versions of the completionist cape is stupid.

There should be only one (the one that says I have done everything and I constantly have to do each update as it comes out to keep it).

But jagex loves to give into the whiners on hlf who said "my 120 dungeoneering cape isn't special enough... you can't just have a do everything cape and an all 99 cape".

So now you have the nerfed completionist cape.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To trim an ordinary 99 cape, you need 2 99s.

So therefore to trim the completionist cape, you should really have to have 2 completionist capes. IE, TWO SEPERATE accounts with the completionist cape...

In that sense, 5k cw games is getting off lightly.

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

So therefore to trim the completionist cape, you should really have to have 2 completionist capes. IE, TWO SEPERATE accounts with the completionist cape...

An trimmed 99 has better stats then a normal 99.

If you had to get two accounts that were "completed" how would you

a.) link them?

b.) choose where the completionist cape goes?

lol, split the completionist cape in half and make it into a scarf?

capt%20kevin.png

An trimmed 99 has better stats then a normal 99.

If you had to get two accounts that were "completed" how would you

a.) link them?

b.) choose where the completionist cape goes?

lol, split the completionist cape in half and make it into a scarf?

Its theoretical, obviously..

The point is,if you want to trim it - you should have to do the same amount of work as it took you to get the cape in the first place.

So imagine having to get the completionist cape on TWO accounts - that's the amount of work it should be to get a trimmed one.

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

110715145129.png

Errr.png

The point is,if you want to trim it - you should have to do the same amount of work as it took you to get the cape in the first place.

So imagine having to get the completionist cape on TWO accounts - that's the amount of work it should be to get a trimmed one.

If you play efficiently enough maxing an account(apart from 120 dungeoneering perhaps, that's around 400 hours on it's own) would take less than 2000 hours ingame time. So yeah, the trim requirements right now are about on par with maxing another account, mainly because of the cw requirement.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

except for the fact that all 99's are not created equal. Theoretically you'd only need a cooking cape to trim an rc cape which takes a lot less time. In this case it's more like 2 separate completionist tasks, one requiring maxing all skills and the other requiring maxing all minigames(except you know...they failed to include them all.)

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

If you play efficiently enough maxing an account(apart from 120 dungeoneering perhaps, that's around 400 hours on it's own) would take less than 2000 hours ingame time. So yeah, the trim requirements right now are about on par with maxing another account, mainly because of the cw requirement.

But 120 dungeoneering should be included (it's a requirement for untrimmed afterall :rolleyes: ) so that's 2400 hours (100 days play time).

And again, only assuming your able to be super efficient for 100 days solid play - i highly doubt anybody who owns an untrimmed completionist cape has anywhere near only 100 days of playtime.

So my point is, to trim the cape you should have to do at least 100 days worth of play time in order to trim it - someone said 5000 CW tickets is 90 days... Sounds like a pretty fair requirement to me.

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

110715145129.png

Errr.png

But 120 dungeoneering should be included (it's a requirement for untrimmed afterall :rolleyes: ) so that's 2400 hours (100 days play time).

And again, only assuming your able to be super efficient for 100 days solid play - i highly doubt anybody who owns an untrimmed completionist cape has anywhere near only 100 days of playtime.

So my point is, to trim the cape you should have to do at least 100 days worth of play time in order to trim it - someone said 5000 CW tickets is 90 days... Sounds like a pretty fair requirement to me.

You neglect that a trimmed 99 is > a untrimmed 99

A trimmed completionist just gives another emote...

If you're going to compare two things - they should scale similarly.

You shouldn't be wasting >a year of playing to get pretty much nothing added.

Sounds silly TBH.

capt%20kevin.png

Sounds silly TBH.

I'd say it is scaled fairly. As I pointed out 5000 CW Tickets is 90 days, where as a (very very low in my opinion) 100 days is what has been said it will take to get a completionist cape.

More than 10 days difference, and tbh a measly +4 prayer bonus (especially when a soul wars cape is better anyway) isn't something you'd get another 99 for - you get it for the cosmetic trim and the achievement itself.

Infact when I was getting my 2nd 99 in order to get my own trim (and I hate to say it, but I got fletching to trim cooking :razz: ) I wasn't even aware that the trimmed cape had any better stats - I just wanted to have that trim, to show that I had at least 2 99s.

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

110715145129.png

Errr.png

Once you get the hang of Chompy hunting it's not too painful. Just buy a load of arrows off the GE since making them there is impractical and bring two bellows to keep a continuous supply of frogs. You'll figure the rest out.

Sounds silly TBH.

I'd say it is scaled fairly. As I pointed out 5000 CW Tickets is 90 days, where as a (very very low in my opinion) 100 days is what has been said it will take to get a completionist cape.

More than 10 days difference, and tbh a measly +4 prayer bonus (especially when a soul wars cape is better anyway) isn't something you'd get another 99 for - you get it for the cosmetic trim and the achievement itself.

Infact when I was getting my 2nd 99 in order to get my own trim (and I hate to say it, but I got fletching to trim cooking :razz: ) I wasn't even aware that the trimmed cape had any better stats - I just wanted to have that trim, to show that I had at least 2 99s.

As for scaling - I was referring to stats as opposed to the time commitment.

I guess some people play to get their stats noticed and what better way to do it then get the full completionist cape?

I don't think I would commit to that extent.

Killing chompies? Really?

At least Castle Wars/Barbarian is fun.

capt%20kevin.png

5000 games is the last requirement to unlock everything in castle wars. I don't see how you could call it a completionist cape if you haven't completed everything. I'm not saying it's in any way sane but you haven't actually completed everything without doing this.

Rum Deal, Rogue's Den and fish flingers are not included either, yet they all have untradeable rewards. So why should Castle Wars be a requirement? (with a ridiculous ammount of games)

Either include them too or your point is invalid imo.

Add them. There's no reason to not include everything with untradeable rewards into the final completionist cape. If you want a cape for completing everything then complete everything.

And before people whine about 5k castle wars games not part of completing the game. What exactly is your definition of completing? Is it just "everything that takes a reasonable amount of time but I refuse to complete things that take a long time"? If you don't want to actually complete everything that's fine they made a cape for you.

5000 games is the last requirement to unlock everything in castle wars. I don't see how you could call it a completionist cape if you haven't completed everything. I'm not saying it's in any way sane but you haven't actually completed everything without doing this.

Rum Deal, Rogue's Den and fish flingers are not included either, yet they all have untradeable rewards. So why should Castle Wars be a requirement? (with a ridiculous ammount of games)

Add them. There's no reason to not include everything with untradeable rewards into the final completionist cape. If you want a cape for completing everything then complete everything.

And before people whine about 5k castle wars games not part of completing the game. What exactly is your definition of completing? Is it just "everything that takes a reasonable amount of time but I refuse to complete things that take a long time"? If you don't want to actually complete everything that's fine they made a cape for you.

For starters getting 200m in a skill is completing a individual skill so completing the game is getting all 200m. Plus the other stuff.

Or how about 1b, 2b, 3b, 4b or 5b total xp? or whatever the max total xp is.

I aint even kidding on that. However it would be ridiculous to set it as a requirement for a completionist cape. The same reason its ridiculous to make a 200m cape for individual skills specifically for people like me who have achieved it.

200m itself is a semi-made up limitation which should never be made a requirement. The only difference between an absurd high number like that and the castlewars 5000 games is jagex one day decided to offer a cape for it. Its silly to think that just because they have an novalty time based on an absurd number that it means you completed it. What it means is you have played 5000 games. Or rather it would be silly for jagex to even pretend it is. Novalty item was fine but as a requirement for 'completing the game' thats just nonsense. Its simply 5000 castlewar games.. nothing more and nothing less. The only difference between that and 200m in a skill is it offers a cape. Neither should be a requirement. 13m is the end of a skill, besides dung which is 104m. Anything more is purely rank based and shouldnt be seen as completing the game.

Except maybe if your going for 200m in all but thats a different story and again is nonsense to set as a requirement.

For starters getting 200m in a skill is completing a individual skill so completing the game is getting all 200m. Plus the other stuff.

Or how about 1b, 2b, 3b, 4b or 5b total xp? or whatever the max total xp is.

I aint even kidding on that. However it would be ridiculous to set it as a requirement for a completionist cape. The same reason its ridiculous to make a 200m cape for individual skills specifically for people like me who have achieved it.

200m itself is a semi-made up limitation which should never be made a requirement. The only difference between an absurd high number like that and the castlewars 5000 games is jagex one day decided to offer a cape for it. Its silly to think that just because they have an novalty time based on an absurd number that it means you completed it. What it means is you have played 5000 games. Or rather it would be silly for jagex to even pretend it is. Novalty item was fine but as a requirement for 'completing the game' thats just nonsense. Its simply 5000 castlewar games.. nothing more and nothing less. The only difference between that and 200m in a skill is it offers a cape. Neither should be a requirement. 13m is the end of a skill, besides dung which is 104m. Anything more is purely rank based and shouldnt be seen as completing the game.

Except maybe if your going for 200m in all but thats a different story and again is nonsense to set as a requirement.

I agree it's nothing more than completing 5000 castlewars games and if jagex didn't make that cape I would say it shouldn't be a requirement. Idk my view of completing this game is unlocking every untradeable item (other than rares) and of course maxing levels. Same with chompy hats, killing 4000 chompys is nothing but killing 4000 chompys the only thing that puts it on the list is the hats you unlock. But nobody seems to care about that.

A completionist cape could include just about everything, eg. 200M xp skills. That doesn't mean it should. The CW games thing is pointless and random. Jagex is just having a laugh seeing how many people are obsessed enough with the game to complete that ridiculous requirement.

2480+ total

A completionist cape could include just about everything, eg. 200M xp skills. That doesn't mean it should. The CW games thing is pointless and random. Jagex is just having a laugh seeing how many people are obsessed enough with the game to complete that ridiculous requirement.

This is what I said when 120DG came out lol

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

True, just as ridiculous as requirement as 5000 games of castle wars imo.

(yes I know 120 dung has its own cape and thus unlocks something, but again, they have to include all the other unlockable untradeable stuff too then)

Once you get the hang of Chompy hunting it's not too painful. Just buy a load of arrows off the GE since making them there is impractical and bring two bellows to keep a continuous supply of frogs. You'll figure the rest out.

If you have 10 or so bellows it makes the process pretty easy and moderately fun. At 150 kills / hr it should take you less than a week (of moderate play) for 4k kills. Took me like 2 days for 2,200 kills.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

True, just as ridiculous as requirement as 5000 games of castle wars imo.

(yes I know 120 dung has its own cape and thus unlocks something, but again, they have to include all the other unlockable untradeable stuff too then)

5k cw games = cw professional cape.

so 5k cw games also unlocks a cape.

I'm quite a long way from considering working on the trimmed completionist cape, but I feel that the 5000 CW game requirement effectively ruins Castle Wars. Prior to this update, Castle Wars was the ONLY minigame that Jagex ever got right. All other minigames are played solely for the rewards then abandoned (FoG, Conquest, Stealing Creation, BA to a lesser extent) or forever abandoned (Trouble Brewing). Castle Wars was something that was a break from the grind and was actually enjoyable. The rewards were completely garbage, but that didn't stop the minigame from being fun. Requiring people to complete 5000 games of it makes it a part of the tedious grind of "completing" your account.

That said, I do think that the requirement should be lessened, cut by somewhere from 50-80% (and the professional cape be dropped down to match); however, I'm far from even considering grinding CW games, so it doesn't have that large of an impact on me.

Ruleroflight.png

5k cw games = cw professional cape.

so 5k cw games also unlocks a cape.

This.

To everyone who is saying "omg 5000 cw games shouldn't be a requirement", well, why the hell didn't you complain so much when they updated the Castle Wars rewards months ago? How come not nearly as big of a outcry was heard along the lines of "why is there such a high-tier reward for CW?". If you cared so much about people no-lifing CW, why rant now, months after when it was appropriate? Because this time the cape is better? That's hypocrisy, and besides there's really no sympathy if you care about something only when it affects you.

Well damnit, now that it's part of the game, you can't be a completionist of the game until you get it. Too bad, too sad.