Full Completionist Cape Requirement List (Including Trim. Reqs)

Screamra

Cw may be older than most mini-games, but it was instantly popular. It wasn't deserted like MA and Conquest are. It has never really been unpopular. It seems much more reasonable for them to create a veteran reward for a popular mini-game which people will play regardless of rewards than for ones where people play primarily for rewards.

It is hard to compare BA as it has rewards such as the penance horn which keep some people playing. I would however not be too argumentative if they made a relative item needed from BA, which has the same number of people able to use it, which is why I used the 10k in all roles mark in an earlier posts.

Slayer may be popular, but 200m slayer currently has only three people at 200m. As I said earlier, Castle wars has 240 at 5k+ games.

I am not saying the CW requirement is high, or that other minigames shouldn't have such requirements. I am saying that in terms of the number of people, it isn't much more uncommon to have than many other requirements.

There are alot more people with 99 str than there are with 99 rc, but there isn't a discrepancy there, thus i don't see why there can't be veteran requirements for all minigames, and if there only is for one, why count it for the comp trim? I just don't think such inconsistency is fair and should be tolerated.

And yeah, a many thousand hour BA req would make just as much sense as CW right now(consider that BA is much newer).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the cape requirements as they are, I can see myself getting all 80s, probably all 90s, maybe completionist and probably never trim. But that doesn't bother me, I'll just go try some castle wars games should I finish skilling and see how I like it.

The issue of inconsistency doesn't really bother me, I don't think it's that inconsistent, but of course higher-levelled rewards for other minigames should be included. However quite few have a 'level' system or a reward for playing a lot. For example GOP, Stealing Creation, Fist of Guthix etc. don't really have permanent rewards (CW tickets are pretty permanent due to no degrade and 100% resell, though you lose some on ballistas I think?).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

To trim an ordinary 99 cape, you need 2 99s.

So therefore to trim the completionist cape, you should really have to have 2 completionist capes. IE, TWO SEPERATE accounts with the completionist cape...

In that sense, 5k cw games is getting off lightly.

Your logic is horrible when you try to say 99 cooking is as hard as 99 Runecrafting

Honestly the name Completionist Cape disappoints me. There is pretty much no creativity in it. Especially when there are more creative alternatives available (besides the "Uber" and "Elite" Cape). It is too amazing of a cape to have such a boring name.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I would be totally fine with "veteran" level BA rewards (and thus higher requirements for the trimmed cape), but not "veteran" level MA rewards. MA is by and far the worst minigame in the history of Runescape. For it to be justifiable, they'd have to completely revamp it (and that's funny to me).

BA has a huge cult following, just like CWARS, but CWARS is definitely the bigger and more popular game (likely due to the steep learning curve of BA).

Agreed - If they decided to make a crazy rank for MA, that would be pretty insane.

The interface is horrible - the preface is horrible and the design is horrible.

The only reason people play MA is for the random items you can buy or if you like being bewildered by how ridiculous the game is.

capt%20kevin.png

Cw may be older than most mini-games, but it was instantly popular. It wasn't deserted like MA and Conquest are. It has never really been unpopular. It seems much more reasonable for them to create a veteran reward for a popular mini-game which people will play regardless of rewards than for ones where people play primarily for rewards.

It is hard to compare BA as it has rewards such as the penance horn which keep some people playing. I would however not be too argumentative if they made a relative item needed from BA, which has the same number of people able to use it, which is why I used the 10k in all roles mark in an earlier posts.

Slayer may be popular, but 200m slayer currently has only three people at 200m. As I said earlier, Castle wars has 240 at 5k+ games.

I am not saying the CW requirement is high, or that other minigames shouldn't have such requirements. I am saying that in terms of the number of people, it isn't much more uncommon to have than many other requirements.

There are alot more people with 99 str than there are with 99 rc, but there isn't a discrepancy there, thus i don't see why there can't be veteran requirements for all minigames, and if there only is for one, why count it for the comp trim? I just don't think such inconsistency is fair and should be tolerated.

And yeah, a many thousand hour BA req would make just as much sense as CW right now(consider that BA is much newer).

I'm still not sure why you think consistency is necessary when it comes to rewards for a mini-game. There can be veteran requirements Jagex just hasn't made them and maybe never intends to. Why not count it, it's still part of the game. I always kind of laugh to myself when someone thinks everything should be fair. MA is abandoned and conquest was a failure from the start. BA is a huge success although some may argue it is mainly played for the penance horn. Jagex added the castle wars professional cape before they created the completionist cape, they didn't make this a random requirement for no reason when they created the cape. The cape is intended for players who have completed everything Jagex has ever put into this game and that includes the completely ridiculous and illogical things Jagex has done in the past.

It would make no sense for Jagex to make a veteran reward for something nobody wants to be a veteran in let alone play for the short amount of time to unlock the semi-useful rewards from it. They're not adding anything to this game with the specific goal of adding it to the completionist cape requirement. I would say if players actually enjoy something so much that they continue to play it far longer than they would ever need to it makes sense for Jagex to give them some sort of reward to signify that they enjoy the game. Keep in mind that nothing from castle wars is actually useful to anyone outside of castle wars so people aren't playing it for the rewards. There is no real reason for anyone to play castle wars but some people enjoy it.

The trimmed cape is meant for the people who completely finish unlocking everything in the game there is no reason to make it easier to get by removing a requirement and saying it is not part of completing the game because it simply takes too many hours to do. Bottom line completing the game for trimmed cape involves actually completing the game how is it possible to remove ANY requirements from it and still say you have truly completed the game. If they do add veteran rewards for those games by all means add them to the list. Regardless of however long they may take to achieve they are still part of the game and reaching that final goal in that one thing is part of completing the game.

Seriously I don't understand this argument:

thus i don't see why there can't be veteran requirements for all minigames, and if there only is for one, why count it for the comp trim?

Why not count it. You can't ignore the fact that it exists in this game. Even if the requirement is only to unlock a cape by playing 2000 hours and Jagex was using their lack of logic when they created the castle wars cape it is still something that exists in this game.

I really do laugh to myself when people complain that things aren't fair like things are ever fair.

The trimmed cape is made to be an end game cape. End game. Finish everything in the game. In my opinion the untrimmed cape should be called the "Close enough" cape. Or the "I really like this game but I don't like it enough to do everything but I still think I deserve a cape that says I did that anyway" cape.

Ugh, I keep on looking at the trimmed cape requirements and thinking that if that 5000 Castle Wars games requirement wasn't there, then I'd consider that as an ultimate goal to look forward to. It's such an arbitrary thing, not even part of the original rewards, that it's just very uncomfortable and feels wrong.

Pretty much everything else actually gives you something, an ability or a chunk of lore, or a sense of progress in the game, but the Castle Wars requirement doesn't.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Ugh, I keep on looking at the trimmed cape requirements and thinking that if that 5000 Castle Wars games requirement wasn't there, then I'd consider that as an ultimate goal to look forward to. It's such an arbitrary thing, not even part of the original rewards, that it's just very uncomfortable and feels wrong.

Pretty much everything else actually gives you something, an ability or a chunk of lore, or a sense of progress in the game, but the Castle Wars requirement doesn't.

Ditto. I would go for the rest of those requirements as most of them seem fun enough. I personally only dislike one of them and thats the barbarian one but thats just a personal dislike. Also not a massive fan of any of the minigame requirements in general. Doesnt do much for me when it comes to completing the game.. just castlewars is light years ahead in terms of practicality or any sense of achievement being achieved.

So due to castlewars.. I aint bothering with any of them. :rolleyes: Im not an idiot I realise that 5000 games would do nothing to fill me with the feeling of completing the game. It would feel arbitrary and pointless. It means nothing.. I rather spend that time getting more 200m skills.

I may at some point do some of those requirements but not due to the cape anymore. However if I could of got the trimmed version they I might been more focused on specifically getting it. Just not as it is atm for said reasons.

So due to castlewars.. I aint bothering with any of them. :rolleyes: Im not an idiot I realise that 5000 games would do nothing to fill me with the feeling of completing the game. It would feel arbitrary and pointless. It means nothing.. I rather spend that time getting more 200m skills.

200mil xp skills are pointless and arbitrary and take just as long.

Any day they could remove the cap and people will just keep going up and up.

However, I think Jagex leaves the cap on for the mental health of some of its player's. ;-)

You fight for the gods in the arena.

Is that enough lore for you?

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Sure it is. (pointless and even arbitrary) I havnt said anything about making them requirements. Im just better off getting more 200m skills as something to do rather than spend time doing castlewars for 8 months.

Thats not pretending I be very fast at it though as I have already achieved the one I wanted the most. A few more just so I got something to do. :razz:

The difference is.. I prefer working towards that arbitrary number than a minigame. Besides 200m skill both gives a rank and certainly has an 'end' to it which can be seen as completing that skill. However certainly should not be seen as a requirement as thats absurd + arbitrary.

Castle Wars Professional Cape falls into this category. (reinstated over and over again, I know)

Had there not been one, the requirement for Castle Wars games would be far less.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Honestly the name Completionist Cape disappoints me. There is pretty much no creativity in it. Especially when there are more creative alternatives available (besides the "Uber" and "Elite" Cape). It is too amazing of a cape to have such a boring name.

The name is perfect because only bots and those with OCD will ever get this cape. Those people have come to be known as "completionists." The name fits.

punitivedsig.png

I'd love to see many colour combinations of the completionist cape, but I don't think there are many pictures of them out yet :-( If I had one I would try a red/black combination to look quite slayer'ish, and many other combo's :D

2vuhgcn.png

Jagex should have made it so for Trimmed Comp cape you had to get these items as drop solo:

GWD boss drops

KQ boss drops

KBD boss drops

Tormented demon boss drops

etc etc

I know I'm going to sound stupid but it is possible not to get the drops. You could kill a million Armadyl bosses and not get the hilt. It is technically possible. The other goals for the cape are guaranteed for the work you put in. If you play 5000 castle wars games, you have guaranteed the games. This is not luck, unlike the GWD drops.

Jagex should have made it so for Trimmed Comp cape you had to get these items as drop solo:

GWD boss drops

KQ boss drops

KBD boss drops

Tormented demon boss drops

etc etc

I know I'm going to sound stupid but it is possible not to get the drops. You could kill a million Armadyl bosses and not get the hilt. It is technically possible. The other goals for the cape are guaranteed for the work you put in. If you play 5000 castle wars games, you have guaranteed the games. This is not luck, unlike the GWD drops.

Defeated all champions.

Champ scrolls are luck ;P

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Castle Wars Professional Cape falls into this category. (reinstated over and over again, I know)

Had there not been one, the requirement for Castle Wars games would be far less.

Yeah, I realise that, but the Castle Wars Professional Cape is itself arbitrary. It has no value beyond itself. You can't do anything with it apart from wear it, and it doesn't give you or tell you anything if you do.

Ugh, it's not like they're going to change it now, I don't know why I'm arguing. They just shouldn't have made the Castle Wars Professional Cape in the first place.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I'd love to see many colour combinations of the completionist cape, but I don't think there are many pictures of them out yet :-( If I had one I would try a red/black combination to look quite slayer'ish, and many other combo's :D

From the max and completionist capes I've seen, it appears that you lose your sense of style during the course of achieving them.

Anyway this has probably been said before, but I think the CW req should just be full Profound. Surely winning nearly 2000 games of Castle Wars is more impressive than losing 5000.

2dgucz6.png

Getting even just 1 champion's challenge scroll (needed to unlock the music track "victory is mine") is proving to be a very annoying endeavor. This one aspect of the regular completionist cape requirements is ridiculosly luck based. Perhaps a small change to the champion challenge system for those that are not fortunate enough to get a scroll is in order. For example, if you kill x ammount of a monster (the number can be really high like 2,000), the next time you speak to larxus, he would say something like "Your wanton slaughter of imps has caught the attention of the imp champion, to avenge his fallen brethen he extends to you a formal challenge."

This would not prevent you from getting a challenge scroll before meeting the quota, probably something Jagex would never do, but would remove the luck aspect of completing this requirement.

From basic one:

You must have buried all of the goblin priests in Yu'biusk to wear this cape

compcape.PNG

Nukearcher.gif

Ranged 101/99, Str 105/99, Att 105/99, Hp 106/99, Def 100/70, Magic 102/99