>>[Pixel Art Contest]<< **10m Prize**

Nash

The Tip.it Gallery Presents...

A Pixel Art Contest

There is no theme for the contest! That means you can make anything you want! Be creative and draw something you feel best works with your style!

Deadline: VOTE NOW

What is Pixel Art and how can I do it myself?

There is a really great guide on PixelJoint that covers everything you need to know about pixel art. As for how to do it yourself I recently made a guide that helps beginners (Theres a link to it in my signature). Theres also a ton of really great guides on Pixeljoint that explains how to draw certain things such as people; youll just have to look around on their by following the link I provided.

Keep in mind just because youve never done it before doesnt mean you shouldnt try!

How the contest works:

The contest will be taking entries between now and June 4th. Following June 4th, the Judging Panel will decide on which 2 pieces are the best! Once the Judges have chosen the first and second place winners, the winners will then receive their prizes! Although there is no actual deadline for signing up (besides having your work in by June 4th) We ask that if you do plan on attempting the contest to post on this thread so that we can get a proper head count of how many people to expect!

Prizes:

1st Place; 10m RSGP and a Custom Pixel Signature made by me

2nd Place; 4m RSGP and a Custom Pixel Signature made by me

Note on the RuneScape GP Prize: The prize of RuneScape GP is one time only and has been approved by Jagex as an exceptional one time prize event.

Rules:

1. Your canvas must at least be 300width by 150height (measured in pixels)

2. Your piece MUST be Pixel art (no GFX, digipaint, etc for this contest. They might be allowed in future contests however.)

3. You can enter at anytime as long as its before the deadline

4. If you miss the deadline you wont be counted.

5. Save as .PNG or .GIF. NOT JPEG. It will ruin the quality.

6. When youve finished your Pixel Artwork post it here and I will add you into the entries on this post!

Hope everyone has fun competing and goodluck pixeling :D

Current Entries;

pixelsigbeach.png

pixel_sig___new_attempt_by_hawkxs-d3fyvyt.png

final2o.png

W8H3t.png

jQb4A.png

cecemel99pixel.png

PixelSig-3.png

2d9s5r7.png

ripdeadlifthonk.png

pureleader18sig.png

10r7bx4.png

wildernesspixelart.jpg

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to anybody who enters. I wish I didn't have exams right now, I would give it a go (although I would never win)

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Doesn't this count as rwt according to tif (stopped someone else doing it)

Note on the RuneScape GP Prize: The prize of RuneScape GP is one time only and has been approved by Jagex as an exceptional one time prize event.

OT: I would love to enter if I had any kind of pixelling talent. I might have a mess around in paint, but if it's no good don't expect anything from me :P

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

So I've not really done this art style before but I decided to give it a try, this is my first and it's not very good, but what they hey! :P I took a look at your tutorial as well, very nice <3: Here's my entry, inspired by my recent Lake District trip for Geographic Fieldwork. :mrgreen:

2chs0g0.png

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Lol will be entering... XD

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

I'll give it a go :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

So I've not really done this art style before but I decided to give it a try, this is my first and it's not very good, but what they hey! :P I took a look at your tutorial as well, very nice <3: Here's my entry, inspired by my recent Lake District trip for Geographic Fieldwork. :mrgreen:

2chs0g0.png

Who made your sig (the ge one)

It looks good though :thumbsup: im glad my tutorial is actually helping people. I wasnt sure if the techniques would still go over peoples heads or not :ohnoes:

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

I might have a crack, not for the money but to try my hand at Pixel sigs. 1 question, is there a downloadable version of MS paint from XP for windows 7? I did all my work with that and this Paint 2.0 on Win7 isnt accurate, pixel by pixel :<

Popoto.~<3

I'll try to start something. Will probably loose interest though =(

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Might aswell join. Haven't made a pixel in a while, but as I promised already to make a proper pixel signature for one friend, could aswell "get two birds with one stone." Assuming that is alright by the competition rules. :razz:

Good luck to all!

PS: Cowboy your personal signature is very nice. I must say you've come long way from since you started. I remember seeing your earliest works some years back, and you've really made progress. Good job keeping pixeling alive. And good job making signatures for people, they are really neat. :thumbup:

u5zhkTY.gif

2chs0g0.png

Who made your sig (the ge one)

It looks good though :thumbsup: im glad my tutorial is actually helping people. I wasnt sure if the techniques would still go over peoples heads or not :ohnoes:

I made that one too, and the avatar <3: I'm more used to that kind of style.

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

I'll be stuck with exams until 17th May, so we will see if I have the time after that. Good luck everyone :)

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Shouldn't this be against the rules? No matter how you look at it, it is exchanging rsgp for an item/service outside the game. Winning a contest is still exchanging something in-game for something out of game.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Shouldn't this be against the rules? No matter how you look at it, it is exchanging rsgp for an item/service outside the game. Winning a contest is still exchanging something in-game for something out of game.

I think you should read the first post before commenting.

u5zhkTY.gif

My first attempt at a pixel signature. I know it's not brilliant but I'm hopeful :D

pixelsigbeach.png

Ocean needs abit more "watery" looking details (not just squiggles). And I'd try to make the fire more 3-dish. Oh and add some more cloud detail (inseatd of just white bubbles). :)

WqvZe.png

92 Fishing | 92 Firemaking | 92 Dungeoneering | 99 Cooking

100% FTP | 800+ Total | 19 Combat

Optima dies.. prima fugit. .::. Forever a Harpy

Making exceptions to their own rules. Win.

Guy here asked for help for likes for his YouTube video to save him money for school and it was RWT...

Selling siggys, 1M ea. Call now and get 50% off!

09144a99bb.png

Making exceptions to their own rules. Win.

Guy here asked for help for likes for his YouTube video to save him money for school and it was RWT...

Selling siggys, 1M ea. Call now and get 50% off!

Cowboy isn't gaining anything IRL for this, and Jagex have permitted him to do the competition. I've already talked to you in PM and explained about the YouTube video. If anyone else has a problem with this, please PM myself or another moderator rather than posting in the thread.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome