Third Bind Guide and/or Discussion.

Obtaurian

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got 99 dung so time to start thinking about a third bind.

My relevant stats;

99 attack

99 str

93 def

94 mage

95 range

99 hp

66 rc

I key, but I don't think I do enough for a plate and I would prefer a dps bind. Any suggestions? 99 mage is a medium term goal I'm working on slowly, as is 70 rc.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I notice that wiki's list of monsters' weaknesses says that earth warriors that are weak only to air spells and giant skeletons are only weak to fire spells, you didnt mention that in the celestial staff section did you forget to mention it or is it just wrong?

I rape earth warriors with fire surge, so that's wrong.

My relevant stats;

99 attack

99 str

93 def

94 mage

95 range

99 hp

66 rc

I key, but I don't think I do enough for a plate and I would prefer a dps bind. Any suggestions? 99 mage is a medium term goal I'm working on slowly, as is 70 rc.

CCs then, or train to gaunts

My relevant stats;

99 attack

99 str

93 def

94 mage

95 range

99 hp

66 rc

gold precision bracelet

hexhunter bow

blood necklace

My relevant stats;

99 attack

99 str

93 def

94 mage

95 range

99 hp

66 rc

gold precision bracelet

hexhunter bow

blood necklace

No strength bonus, not worth it.

L2pullout.png

It seems silly to bind something that only performs optimally for 1/4 of the DG or less.

205 atk 173 str full turm boost 99 def 341 def bonus

weigh 125 str 125 atk at 1/4 with 99 str and atk at 3/4

tier 11 rangers have slightly over 130 ish defense.

You can calculate it from their max hit, life points, and combat level.

but assuming 99 defense and 341 defense bonus, my spreadsheet says you'd be hitting with 193.72 damage per attack on average with overload

130 without overload

which is about an average of about 146 damage per hit

@ 100% accuracy, and ignoring overloads, youd be hitting 193 damage average with emp fire and 228 with ccs fire surge

you'd need sub 75% accuracy for fire surge to be worse with emp fire.

and that's ignoring the possibility that tier 11 rangers actually have ~130 ish defense like their ranger counterparts.

Naaxi.png

Just got 100 dung so time to start thinking about a third bind.

My relevant stats;

86 attack

88 str

87 def

87 mage I think

86 range

90 hp

74 rc

I key, but I don't think I do enough for a plate and I would prefer a dps bind. Any suggestions? 90 Attack and defence are long term goals of mine. I currently have gorgonite 2h and gorgonite gauntlets (I just got 100 about an hour ago), are these the best binds for me except for a blood necklace?

EDIT lol I got my own levels wrong. Fixed

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Is your level high enough for empowered staves?

Just got 100 dung so time to start thinking about a third bind.

My relevant stats;

86 attack

88 str

87 def

87 mage I think

86 range

90 hp

74 rc

I key, but I don't think I do enough for a plate and I would prefer a dps bind. Any suggestions? 90 Attack and defence are long term goals of mine. I currently have gorgonite 2h and gorgonite gauntlets (I just got 100 about an hour ago), are these the best binds for me except for a blood necklace?

EDIT lol I got my own levels wrong. Fixed

golden precision bracelet

hexhunter bow

blood necklace

While you're not dging it might be worthwhile to train mage up to 95 for an emp fire staff.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

What speed does fire surge move to on T10 blitzer for instance does it move it from 5 ticks to 4 ticks or 3 ticks to 2.4 I can't find any information on how fast it normally is. Currently i'm T9 blazer and T9 berserker is it worth resetting my ring once I have enough tokens for T10 blitzer and T9 berserker again. Planning on CCS once 100 dg (Currently 2m away). Also at T10 blitzer is the chance 100% that I will cast faster no matter what?

L2pullout.png

What speed does fire surge move to on T10 blitzer for instance does it move it from 5 ticks to 4 ticks or 3 ticks to 2.4 I can't find any information on how fast it normally is. Currently i'm T9 blazer and T9 berserker is it worth resetting my ring once I have enough tokens for T10 blitzer and T9 berserker again. Planning on CCS once 100 dg (Currently 2m away). Also at T10 blitzer is the chance 100% that I will cast faster no matter what?

yes, but we recommend blazer for CCS users for elemental rune conservation.

Naaxi.png

Yeah I was thinking I'd be ok with blitzer because I'm not very lazy when it comes to making fire runes, I can usually get my supply pretty healthy and I know how to lose lessly craft runes (using non-home altars, ect)

L2pullout.png

Yeah I was thinking I'd be ok with blitzer because I'm not very lazy when it comes to making fire runes, I can usually get my supply pretty healthy and I know how to lose lessly craft runes (using non-home altars, ect)

i don't think it's worth it to craft fire runes even with out of home altars.

The idea is you should try to sustain yourself off loot drops.

It's not a bad habit, but it seems to be one that becomes less and less useful with faster floors.

I'd recommend sticking to elemental fire rune drops, and learning new habits for spare time.

Such as planting seeds, prepping ragers, pathing, etc.

Naaxi.png