Third Bind Guide and/or Discussion.

Obtaurian

Apparently melee works better on geomancer than hex, even though it's a mage based boss.

Melee with turmoil hits more constant than hex, even with rigour. (Quote from Ill key stfu).

Geo has huge defense.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about primal boots? Don't those give strength bonus similar to gauntlets as well? Or is it less?

Can't wait to see a 4th bind guide in addition to this one. :thumbup: But not many people have that yet :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Boots are +10, gloves are +12

@ Oscar, I hardly do abandoneds now so I've only had that boss once since I got hex, but why are you comparing with prayers activated? You have to turn them off after a bit otherwise it heals I thought?

It is probably worth it to hex with armour if this is true then, and definitely useful to have hex if you get bound.

@ Everto, What is your point? If it has high defense to ranged and melee then melee would win since it has much higher accuracy.

However, I am skeptical due to not knowing the player. But is something to keep in mind.

siggya.png

Boots tend to give lower strength bonuses in favor of higher defense bonuses.

Apparently melee works better on geomancer than hex, even though it's a mage based boss.

Melee with turmoil hits more constant than hex, even with rigour. (Quote from Ill key stfu).

Geomancer is somewhat like Blink and Gravecreeper in that you need ragers/armor/potions to hit well. I would say that ragers are necessary for geomancer, so this shouldn't be an issue.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Boots are +10, gloves are +12

@ Oscar, I hardly do abandoneds now so I've only had that boss once since I got hex, but why are you comparing with prayers activated? You have to turn them off after a bit otherwise it heals I thought?

It is probably worth it to hex with armour if this is true then, and definitely useful to have hex if you get bound.

@ Everto, What is your point? If it has high defense to ranged and melee then melee would win since it has much higher accuracy.

However, I am skeptical due to not knowing the player. But is something to keep in mind.

Protection prayers heal him afaik. And I don't have a hex anyway :P

Currently working towards 2496 total.

Oscar.png

Awesome guide. Still dunno what I'll bind when I get to 100. I don't have 95 mage, 99 defense or 99 attack. Prom rapier perhaps?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Awesome guide. Still dunno what I'll bind when I get to 100. I don't have 95 mage, 99 defense or 99 attack. Prom rapier perhaps?

Rapier, or get the mage level for ccs.

C1Geq.png

That is my point. Geo's defense is why, even though he has a high mage level, melee out-DPSes hex on him (unless ragered).

And he heals if you use any prayers against him. However, I still think it's worthwhile to turm flash him.

td2sig.jpg

I tested this last time I got Geo in C2s- he DOES heal if you use any overhead prayers, including soul split. He does NOT heal if you use turmoil or other boost prayers. However, he DOES disable boost prayers and the like if you're using them when he does his special, so you have to wait a bit to turn them back on. Totally worth it to turm that boss.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I don't even have the stats for rapier or a Csb.

So I gusse I have to at least get 70 runecrafting?

I don't even have the stats for rapier or a Csb.

So I gusse I have to at least get 70 runecrafting?

Based on your stats, get 70 rc asap along with 83 magic for air surge.

At 100 dng, bind gorgonite rapier, or maybe gorgonite gauntlets, until someone gives you a blood neck (if ever).

90 attack should be a priority if you can stand it.

siggya.png

Don't have a hex, blood neck, guantlets, celestial staff, or rapier bound. You didn't have one for the first 99 levels, you don't need one now.

Don't have a hex, blood neck, guantlets, celestial staff, or rapier bound. You didn't have one for the first 99 levels, you don't need one now.

Difference being that you can avoid death with or without a platebody, but you can't increase your DPS beyond a certain point without the items you listed. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg

Primal guants offer 5% more dps. How much faster floor times does that equate to?

A better question is: How much are floors sped up by all five players having offensive third binds and making good use of them? While offensive third binds are hardly the only reason for faster floors, they're a non-trivial improvement.

dgs5.jpg

How much time is spent doing gds in an average dungeon?

One thing I notice is people with offensive binds actually have to eat during gds. Eating means less dps. With plate the only time I eat is when running.

If you have an offensive bind you can either eat more or die more. Eating more slows you down and lowers the amount of food for others which can possibly lead to deaths in rape dungeons. Dying more slows your time and rapes your exp.

One thing I notice is people with offensive binds actually have to eat during gds. Eating means less dps. With plate the only time I eat is when running.

If you have an offensive bind you can either eat more or die more. Eating more slows you down and lowers the amount of food for others which can possibly lead to deaths in rape dungeons. Dying more slows your time and rapes your exp.

GDs aren't the whole combat situations in dungeoneering.

People with offensive third binds need to learn safe-spotting/kiting/side-stepping to avoid 1) having to eat and 2) dying. I think your disdain for offensive third binds might stem from a lack of combat "finesse" in dungeoneering, so to speak, which is confusing to me because I know you're good at combat in general, Games.

dgs5.jpg

A plate doesn't make you eat less, it just means you can afk floors and care about damage less. The only time i've done floors with 3bo with couple of toads friends all of them took atleast twice as much food as i did, even though they had the plates. I only died once for the 2 floors.

The fact of the matter is, plate, though can be learned to use well(you should never, under any circumstance take food with plate, for example), is a waste of a bind that would be better spent by learning advanced pvm techniques and actually speeding up floors with superior dps. Even for keyers, rather than trying to tank stuff you should learn how to negate damage completely, and in most cases, the damage you do take wouldn't be erased with a plate. Less effort =/= better bind.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I bet 90% of the people who have offensive third binds do not know how to reduce damage to not have to eat so much. Some people are not willing to learn and those people are hurting the team if they are not binding a plate.

I bet 90% of the people who have offensive third binds do not know how to reduce damage to not have to eat so much. Some people are not willing to learn and those people are hurting the team if they are not binding a plate.

I don't see your point. If they don't know, they need to learn. If they don't want to learn, don't dg with them. Very simple.

dgs5.jpg