Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Game of Thrones TV series - Season 4

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

Nom
[ Display Name History ]

Nom

Editorial Panel Member

• Members
  • 3,045 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I haven't seen the latest episode yet but ep 5 was extremely awesome. The show's starting to hit its stride.

p2gq.jpg

Kalphite
[ Display Name History ]

Kalphite

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,231 posts
  • RSN:kalphiteman4

Also, couldn't help myself and watched Ep 7, so now I need to wait a fortnight for a new episode. Totally worth it though. ._.

How? I thought there were only 6 episodes out so far? Don't they air weekly on Sundays?

HBO's streaming episode 7 on HBO Go a week early to try to promote it

indy500fan
[ Display Name History ]

indy500fan

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,216 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I've been enjoying it pretty well so far. I first attempted to read the book many, many moons ago (I think only two books of the series were out) and failed pretty hard. I remember getting around a quarter of the way in and giving up. Too many characters introduced, couldn't get attached to any part of it. After hearing they were going to make a TV series out of it I attempted to read it again, and this time got through it (just started book three). I still think it jumps around a little too much and concentrates on a few too many different people, but overall I am really enjoying them.

As for the TV series the first episode I really enjoyed, I had just barely finished the first book before it came out so it was all still pretty fresh. The second episode is where I got somewhat disappointed. They were showing the King's party heading south and it just looked cheap. Barely 20 people, hardly a road at all, not at all like I expected the trip to be. Then later in the episode they showed the Dothraki horde which consisted of about 20 people on horseback, and that was disappointing. I got over it though, it is just what you have to deal with on a TV budget. Since then there's been a few other parts like that were a little disappointing, like the dire-wolves. But then this last two episodes with the Eyrie, now that was a lot better than I expected so it all makes up for it...
Posted Image
Posted Image

marcustullius
[ Display Name History ]

marcustullius

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 178 posts
Episode 7 is up on torrent sites, webrip though so not the best quality. And you have to wait two weeks for episode 8, so if you think you can handle no new episode on Sunday, it's totally awesome

Earth_Poet
[ Display Name History ]

Earth_Poet

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • RSN:Earth Poet

Anyone else thinks Tyrion's character is sort of a mini House MD? :mrgreen: Except the MD part, of course, but his personality is very similar.

Tyrion was one of my favorite characters in the first book, and I was really interested in seeing how he would be portrayed. The actor that plays him has done a FANTASTIC job. He's extremely clever and manipulative.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but this is the most complex and serious character I've ever seen from a dwarf. It breaks the mold of snow white, oompa-loompas, and mini-me. I hope we can see more characters like him in the future.
Posted Image

Earth_Poet
[ Display Name History ]

Earth_Poet

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 673 posts
Thoughts on Episode 7

Spoilers

Posted Image

EmperorJosh
[ Display Name History ]

EmperorJosh

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Emperor Josh
The series is great, keeps improving every episode. I read the books a long while ago and have been trying to read them along with the series again, I love the attention to detail. HBO shows never fail to impress. Can't wait to see what they do for the second and third books.
Posted Image

Napalm
[ Display Name History ]

Napalm

Scarier than Haunter

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
It's a shame the first season is gonna end so soon, and we have to wait a whole year for next one :|

But well, the wait is probably going to be worth it.
Posted Image

jimmy_jim
[ Display Name History ]

jimmy_jim

"Fly me to Muse"

• Members
  • 4,784 posts
The 3rd and 4th episodes were disappointing, and I stopped watching for a bit. Just watched the next three and they're much better, really enjoyed them.

I haven't read the books, don't know if I will or not. Seems pointless now that I've seen most of the series

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

indy500fan
[ Display Name History ]

indy500fan

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,216 posts

The 3rd and 4th episodes were disappointing, and I stopped watching for a bit. Just watched the next three and they're much better, really enjoyed them.

I haven't read the books, don't know if I will or not. Seems pointless now that I've seen most of the series

Well this TV season is just the first book. It gets better as it goes on. I am about 60% of the way through book three and oh man, some good parts here...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nom
[ Display Name History ]

Nom

Editorial Panel Member

• Members
  • 3,045 posts

Well this TV season is just the first book. It gets better as it goes on. I am about 60% of the way through book three and oh man, some good parts here...

The ending parts of A Storm of Swords are some of the best things I have ever read, period.

p2gq.jpg

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
This episode was pretty much full of badasses outbadassing each other. [bleep]ing awesome.

Also, the Greatjon laughs so strangely. He sounds like Grover. And Shagga isn't nearly as Shagga-ish as I had hoped. : (
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

This episode was pretty much full of badasses outbadassing each other. [bleep]ing awesome.

Syrio. :thumbsup:

Earth_Poet
[ Display Name History ]

Earth_Poet

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 673 posts

Syrio's fight was just as I had imagined it. They did a great job with him. I heard that George RR Martin wrote the script for this episode. If so, then that might explain the badassness.

spoilers

Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Syrio's fight was just as I had imagined it. They did a great job with him. I heard that George RR Martin wrote the script for this episode. If so, then that might explain the badassness.

spoilers

Crossed_Body
[ Display Name History ]

Crossed_Body

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • RSN:Crossed Body
Loved the zombie people. Wondering about the Wall on the north. Wishing it was more focused on fantasy.

I guess the books are low-fantasy, but still...
Posted Image

meb
[ Display Name History ]

meb

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,930 posts
  • RSN:Red ftk bolt
  • Clan:The Slayers Guild

Loved the zombie people. Wondering about the Wall on the north. Wishing it was more focused on fantasy.

I guess the books are low-fantasy, but still...

There is more fantasy in the later books:

Retired
2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Napalm
[ Display Name History ]

Napalm

Scarier than Haunter

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
Am I the only one who actually doesn't want fantasy in the story? I thought it did a good job on realism and focusing more on politics, relations and betrayals. When the zombie guy appeared... well, it felt out of place.
Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Am I the only one who actually doesn't want fantasy in the story? I thought it did a good job on realism and focusing more on politics, relations and betrayals. When the zombie guy appeared... well, it felt out of place.

I'm interested to see how the human conflicts and supernatural conflicts blend later in the series. Would the nobles still be trying to screw each other into the ground when there are zombies (Or worse) killing all their people?

Earth_Poet
[ Display Name History ]

Earth_Poet

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 673 posts

I'm interested to see how the human conflicts and supernatural conflicts blend later in the series. Would the nobles still be trying to screw each other into the ground when there are zombies (Or worse) killing all their people?

There are some supernatural elements, but the story still stays centered around the characters. I really have to force myself from blurting out what happens later and ruining the story. Keep watching. You won't be disappointed. Just shocked.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users