Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Game of Thrones TV series - Season 4

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Very plot-related spoilers, don't click if you haven't read Clash.

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Also, Margaery Tyrell is being played by Natalie Dormer. O:

Posted Image
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

Earth_Poet
[ Display Name History ]

Earth_Poet

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • RSN:Earth Poet

I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the S2 cast. I think the most anticipated and important decision they'll need to make is who plays:

They should cast me to play...

Posted Image

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
I just went on a Game of Thrones marathon and watched the entire first season.. Not much of a fantasy guy, nor did I read the books but I found it to be fairly entertaining. I hope to learn more about the area north of the wall in the second season.
Posted Image

Earth_Poet
[ Display Name History ]

Earth_Poet

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • RSN:Earth Poet
GoT was nominated for 13 Emmys, and everybody seems to think the same as I do: Peter Dinklage deserves to win. I said I was excited to see how they portrayed Tyrion, and I was not disappointed.

Has anybody started reading A Dance with Dragons yet? It will be a while before I can get around to it. If Martin can make us wait five years, then he can wait on me for a few months.
Posted Image

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
Just wanted to bump this as the second season is set to start next week.
Posted Image

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Tripsis
OHMYGOD EXCITED!!!! I've been looking forward to season 2 all year :P
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs
The first season was aired on Tv around here, but I messed up recording the first 3 episodes :wall: Oh well, not sure if I like the german synch anyway.

I'll have to see where I can get hold of the second season...looks like I'll have to use some streaming site, even though I would be willing to pay for it >.>

Has anybody started reading A Dance with Dragons yet? It will be a while before I can get around to it. If Martin can make us wait five years, then he can wait on me for a few months.

I have...not too excited about it. By far the weakest book in the series imo. Seemed like Martin had a lot of trouble handling the plot threads in this one - I'll just hope he is able to sort that out in Book 6 and 7.

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RSN:Drazhor
Few of my friends got work as extras for the show, so should be a lil laugh to see them!
Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
Heres a little 22min featurette recapping the first season while also giving a little sneak peak into the new season,

Posted Image

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts
read all the books and they're all enjoyable for the most part. there are times when i want to skip though like for the chapters about daenerys and the greyjoys. most of those are nothing but fillers.

HBO produces amazing stuff so i'm looking forward to the 2nd season. one case where the TV adaptation is better than the books.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
So, how about that first episode?

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
Goddaaaaaamn. That final scene was certainly something. The plot was moving a bit slow (expected for the first episode) and then that happened. The acting seems to have gotten so much better, too. I wasn't really a fan of some of the acting last season (mainly Robb and Cersei) but they've really stepped it up a notch.

Even though I know in broad strokes what's going to happen, I love seeing how individual scenes will play out. I definitely think the TV series has made me care for/enjoy the characters more.
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts

those aren't even Spoilers! :D

loved this premiere.

for anyone who haven't read the books, do you have trouble following the plotline? i might be biased but i like the way they approached the story.

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts

those aren't even Spoilers! :D

loved this premiere.

for anyone who haven't read the books, do you have trouble following the plotline? i might be biased but i like the way they approached the story.

No, I don't find it hard. The show moves at such a pace, that you really have to not be paying attention to understand what's happening.

The premiere was good, did a nice job of reintroducing us to the show, and where it's headed this season. It also reminded me, I need to touch up on some of their name. Could someone quickly remind me of the boy at very ends riding away on the carts role? All I remember is that he's with the Stark girl.
Posted Image

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis

The premiere was good, did a nice job of reintroducing us to the show, and where it's headed this season. It also reminded me, I need to touch up on some of their name. Could someone quickly remind me of the boy at very ends riding away on the carts role? All I remember is that he's with the Stark girl.

Spoilers

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
Oh thats right.

Posted Image

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
Just a heads up, Episode 2 was released early on HBOGo in the Netherlands. It's now available at all disreputable "retailers". It's pretty great, if you're okay with having to wait two weeks for a new episode.
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts

Just a heads up, Episode 2 was released early on HBOGo in the Netherlands. It's now available at all disreputable "retailers". It's pretty great, if you're okay with having to wait two weeks for a new episode.

Two weeks, no one starts a new season and begins it with a break immediately following the first episode. Are you sure the next episode is in two weeks?
Posted Image

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
I think he means that if you watch the 2nd week's episode now, you'd have to wait two weeks to see another new episode as next Sunday's episode you would have already seen...which I am totally doing.

I can never follow the characters' names so well since I haven't read any of the books, but I find the show to be very well done and I am a big fan of a lot of sci-fi/fantasy novels. I know the general plot, but I know I'm missing out on a few non-verbals that are going on.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users