The Game of Thrones TV series - Season 4

Earth_Poet

They wouldn't make a connection to what happened just minutes before his death?

And yeah well, in the show Tywin just enjoys his conversations with Arya without thinking about it, but that's what bothers me. It's so absolutely unlike him, given that he should be a smart, ruthless, efficient tactician which he is so NOT in these scenes.

His whole demeanor has changed from the books, most certainly. Everything from his bald pate to his knack for cold indifference, slightly tweaked to play better on screen. I think it will be better when we see him interact with people he has no respect for on a consistent basis, when

he rejoins the small council as the Hand of the King and starts being a dick to everyone - especially Tyrion.

hzvjpwS.gif

Not sure if I like the Harrenhal development this episode...It's official now, Tywin Lannister is one of the biggest fools in Westeros.

I've grown to like Tywin. I kind of wanted him to take the Stark girl with him, kind of take her under his wing.

I reserved judgement for that particular storyline. I have to say I enjoyed the discussions between Tywin and Arya, but...he obviously knows she's a highborn northern girl, yet makes no move to find out who she is. And even if he still thinks that Arya is in Kings landing, how many northern noble girls are exactly running around the south, to get captured by lannisters? It should at least make him think a bit...

maybe I'm wrong but as far as he knows, Cersei has both Stark girls. Any other Northern highborn girl is worthless to him.

Any nothern highborn girl could be of use to him because it would mean he can pressure that one family into not helping Robb, into betraying him or whatever. And as there's no real reason for another highborn girl running around, the least he could do is to make sure that both Stark girls indeed are still in king's landing.

You also have to add that she's been reading notes with important war information, Amory Lorch died just minutes after he chased Arya...and yet Tywin still does nothing. Really not that smart...

You're overvaluing highborns in Westeros. Unless they're from a principal house, they aren't worth much. Also you're insinuating Tywin would torture a little girl for information.

As I explained, they are worth something. One "smaller" family alone could rob Robb (no pun intended) of a few thousand soldiers. And while book Tywin probably wouldn't flinch from torturing a little girl either, if necessary, he could at least do more than just go along with it instead of accepting her fake stories....

As I explained, they are worth something. One "smaller" family alone could rob Robb (no pun intended) of a few thousand soldiers. And while book Tywin probably wouldn't flinch from torturing a little girl either, if necessary, he could at least do more than just go along with it instead of accepting her fake stories....

He cares when she's telling the truth when the information was important to him. He gets a kick out of a girl sharper than most of the generals he's forced to deal with. We see that much from their interactions together. But the man is besieged by enemies on every side. It paints a believable picture that he wouldn't waste time ransoming a girl that likely would prove of very little use, in time or money.

It's different from the book, which can be frustrating, but really not close to lying outside the realm of possibility.

hzvjpwS.gif

Except this isn't "book Tywin". You still have trouble differentiating the HBO characters from the books.

Except this isn't "book Tywin". You still have trouble differentiating the HBO characters from the books.

Nah, that's not my issue, I'm not a book purist. I just mentioned that book Tywin would be willing even to torture her. But even if he was not willing to do that, any smart guy would at least tried a little harder to find out who she is.

Nah, that's not my issue, I'm not a book purist. I just mentioned that book Tywin would be willing even to torture her. But even if he was not willing to do that, any smart guy would at least tried a little harder to find out who she is.

It seemed like he was slowly getting more and more information out of her with every conversation, though. Especially since Tywin is patient; he's got his plans set up, and he's got a highborn girl (That likes/respects him and will probably give him information willingly) that he could use if he needs.

Episode 9: Not sure if I should be ashamed to admit that my favorite part was finally hearing Rains of Castamere :razz:

This was the next episode I've been really waiting for since Ned's death. It did not disappoint. I'm glad the Hound's actor got a chance to act a bit, since they gave what was probably his best scene to Littlefinger. Brilliant performances from everyone all around, especially Cersei.

I hope the House of the Undying next episode is as good in its own right as this battle was. They should blow the rest of their budget on making it as creepy as Pyat Pree is.

Some of the dismemberments looked a bit off, especially Tyrion removing that dude's leg.

e- Rains of Castamere owned bones too

ee- The scenes with Sansa and Cersei also seriously reminded me of the scene in Breaking Bad where Walt and Walt Jr. open up a bottle of tequila, haha.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

apparently this episode was written by GRRM which is surprising to me because his battle scenes in the book are more convoluted and confusing. I also prefer this version over the chain although it did slight Tyrion.

everything else was fun to watch. the only thing that shook me at first was Tyrion's speech then I realized it was supposed to be like that anyway to show his nerves/inexperience. nice touch. also the scene between Bronn and Clegane was great.

another thing I thought they did with Cersei is that this is the first episode they're transitioning her from the perfect beautiful queen to something else. love it. that's hard to do considering how pretty Lena Headey is.

I've liked the second series a lot but this last episode was the first that made me feel really excited. I can't wait for the next two seasons because book 3 is by far the best in my opinion.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I've liked the second series a lot but this last episode was the first that made me feel really excited. I can't wait for the next two seasons because book 3 is by far the best in my opinion.

it really is. the drop in quality between the 3rd and the 4th (which was split into 2) sort of made me hate GRRM's writing. the way he stretched out the story after the 3rd book was incredibly disappointing.

Have some casting news for Season 3. I guess there are some mild spoilers in there if you haven't read the books, so be forewarned.

Really liked some of the casting suggestions in the couple of comments I read: Maggie Smith for the Queen of Thorns and Tom Hiddleston for Edmure.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Maggie Smith would be perfect for The Queen of Thorns but what I really love about HBO productions is they so often introduce you to new talent who then turn out to be incredibly actors - see Dominic West who went from unknown to the star of The Wire to winning a BAFTA a few days ago.

2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Stannis is such an excellent character having read all the books so far I still can't decide whether I like him or not!

2mqj8rr.png

Meh can't say I like him. He's willing to do anything, sacrifice thousands of people's lives to get that throne for himself. He doesn't really care about others and while he may not be just as twisted as Cersei or Joffrey, he's not exactly what I would call a good king...

Hmm yes perhaps maybe 'like' isn't the right word more if I'm sort of rooting for him or not. You often get characters who you don't neccesarily like but you kind of want to succeed someone more artsy could probably give me a name for this feeling. But like Stringer in The Wire he's ruthless and pretty unlikeable but soo many people I've talked to said he was one of their favourite characters.

2mqj8rr.png

Stannis is lawful good. He doesn't "want" the throne. The throne is his by right. If Joffrey was his real nephew he would still be in Dragonstone defending King's Landing.

Renly was an idiot for trying to fight his brother.

First of all, the throne is not his by right. He's only the heir because Robert - unlawfully- rebelled against Aerys. And the throne is not the right of the Targaryen's either. The throne belongs to the one who reaches out and takes it.

But while I agree that Stannis's motivation is somewhat more honorable than that of others, that doesn't really make him better. The fact still stands he will do *anything* to achieve his goals. He killed his own brother for it! Renly by far isn't without fault either, but I have to admit I don't quite get the rooting for Stannis, or rather, I don't get how people think he'd make a good king.

Renly honestly believed he was the right man to be king and of all the other people vying for it he probably was the best choice you could just as much argue Stannis was idiotic for not siding with Renly. Stannis is of course super stubborn so Renly should of known there would never of been an alliance.

The whole Stannis being the true heir to the throne is kinda BS.. I mean Robert took the throne from Aerys Targaryen through battle ending the 300 year Targaryen dynasty who set in stone all the rules of succession it was inevitable that when Robert dyed the transition to a new king wouldn't be a smooth one.

2mqj8rr.png

Stannis is lawful good. He doesn't "want" the throne. The throne is his by right. If Joffrey was his real nephew he would still be in Dragonstone defending King's Landing.

Renly was an idiot for trying to fight his brother.

First of all, the throne is not his by right. He's only the heir because Robert - unlawfully- rebelled against Aerys. And the throne is not the right of the Targaryen's either. The throne belongs to the one who reaches out and takes it.

Stannis' right to rule was that he was the closest relative to the previous king, unlawful as he might have been. The Lannisters did the same in claiming that Joffrey was Robert's heir, which only worked because they never left King's Landing and destroyed all evidence of the contrary. Plus, Stannis does attempt to take the throne by force in going to war with Renly and his siege of King's Landing. Of the southerners it's only Renly that doesn't even bother to bring his right to rule into it.

Agreed with Renly/Stannis fighting one another though. The whole war seemed to be more about ego than the throne.