Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Marijuana Legalization

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

jaklumen
[ Display Name History ]

jaklumen

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,817 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Hemp paper is also far superior to timber paper.

Well, yes, which includes the reasons I mentioned. I wish I'd managed to snag some of the stuff I was fortunate to observe. It really is high quality.

I know that most marijuana grown in recent years has a much higher THC content. I know this is NOT the pot of my baby boomer parents' generation.

Not really true. There are better growing practices and better strains today, sure, but it really depends on what level you buy. Schwag is still crappy schwag and dank will be dank. You could still get really good pot back then and you can get it now, there's no big difference.

It may true that weed has higher THC levels today, but this is really irrelevant in terms of damage, as THC is not a dangerous chemical to begin with.

As I tend to ramble on and on, I would have wasted a lot more space trying to clarify what I was saying. The sublingual drops are basically pure THC. No, I don't think the chemical ITSELF is inherently dangerous, but I do think the impaired judgment while under its effects has been fairly well documented. In particular, much of the documentation points to impaired judgment while driving, particularly when combined with alcoholic intoxication. This is why I think law enforcement-- particularly the highway patrols and other such street police-- would not be too fond of perceived consequences of legalization. They simply do not want to scrape more wreckages (including dead bodies) off the road. I don't think that would be an enjoyable part of a job-- would you?

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Emp Midget
  • Clan:Reddit

As I tend to ramble on and on, I would have wasted a lot more space trying to clarify what I was saying. The sublingual drops are basically pure THC. No, I don't think the chemical ITSELF is inherently dangerous, but I do think the impaired judgment while under its effects has been fairly well documented. In particular, much of the documentation points to impaired judgment while driving, particularly when combined with alcoholic intoxication. This is why I think law enforcement-- particularly the highway patrols and other such street police-- would not be too fond of perceived consequences of legalization. They simply do not want to scrape more wreckages (including dead bodies) off the road. I don't think that would be an enjoyable part of a job-- would you?

Most drugs affect your ability to drive, hence why it's illegal to drive under the influence and why, at least here in Aus, someone involved in a car crash will always be charged with negligent driving and driving under the influence if they're over the limit or have illegal substances in their system even if the other person is at fault, they only get fined for whatever offence they committed, such as a fine if they ran a stop sign and hit you.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

jaklumen
[ Display Name History ]

jaklumen

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,817 posts

Most drugs affect your ability to drive, hence why it's illegal to drive under the influence and why, at least here in Aus, someone involved in a car crash will always be charged with negligent driving and driving under the influence if they're over the limit or have illegal substances in their system even if the other person is at fault, they only get fined for whatever offence they committed, such as a fine if they ran a stop sign and hit you.

I do get what you are saying, but negligent/reckless driving and DUI infractions aren't enough for certain jurisdictions. In my home state of Washington, driving while operating a mobile phone is now a primary infraction. In Utah where my sister lives, cell phone distractions still falls under negligent driving, but quite a few states are where Washington is at.

It's a fine case for "enforce the laws that are on the books," but clearly, in practice, there is more following of "need some clarifications here with more laws." I admit, the reputation of U.S. law doesn't help my argument, but I am trying to simply state how it is, and not really so much how it should be. So again... I'd say law enforcement still has a reason against it, although you will find individual officers here and there that support it.

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
Negligent driving here almost always results in prison time. If you're under the influence you can go away for a very long time if anything happens. Doesn't matter what you're on, as soon as there's a crash there'll be a number of police officers rock up and they get sent to crashes all the time so they're never lenient.

magekillr
[ Display Name History ]

magekillr

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,536 posts
http://watch.montana...ideo/1825223761

MontanaPBS's new documentary, Clearing the Smoke, reveals how cannabis acts on the brain and in the body to treat nausea, pain, epilepsy and potentially even cancer. Extensive interviews with patients, doctors, researchers and skeptics detail the promises and the limitations of medicinal cannabis.

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
For a really good documentry, I'd really recommend The Union: The Business Behind Getting High.

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RSN:Nomrombom
Or The Green Rush. Both Green Rush and Union are on Netflix.
PM me for fitocracy invite

magekillr
[ Display Name History ]

magekillr

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,536 posts
Well, sure, but I posted that because:

a.) It just came out recently
b.) It's produced by PBS

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,193 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
so this thread got bumped by a spambot, but it's pretty interesting to see what I thought seven years ago compared to what I think now.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,042 posts

It also isn't going to harm someone the way my raping would.

Oh god I lol'd.

Thank you spam bot for digging up this treasure of a comment
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,417 posts
Lol at my reply

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,939 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

"No Jazz-Cabbage in my OT (OWTTE)" - RpgGamer (2011)

Luck be a Lady

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,472 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Seems like this discussion is over and supporters of legalization have won...

Surprised I hadn't posted here. O well, back then I think I hadn't tried either.
Posted Image

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,472 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Seems like this discussion is over and supporters of legalization have won...

Surprised I hadn't posted here. O well, back then I think I hadn't tried either.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users