PKers are morons

Smoothfunk

Bobby started Runescape 2 months ago. After saving for what seemed like ages, he now has a set of full rune and a scimitar. Bobby decides to to PK for the first time with his newfound armor. With his absolutely perfect 50/48/50 melee stats, he heads on out. Bobby meets a Rune pure and gets attacked by him, and is quickly relieved of his full rune. He screams and cries, and vows from that day on never to PK again.

5 years later and 200 lbs. heavier, he's now maxed and has never PKed since that incident. Whenever Bobby encounters a PKer or pure online, be in in-game or on the forums, he becomes angry and pounds his meaty fingers on the keyboard saying "PKing is [cabbage]ty/pures are douches/it takes no skill/real men camp at Bandos and do fetch quests for hours on end."

While this story may not be true for all of you, it certainly has some precidence. Note that I know most PvMers are not like the guys in that quote, but a few are. I'm a long-time lurker of this forum, and I find the personal attacks against pures to be unacceptable. I won't name names, but I remember seeing a topic where the OP was derailed because it was assumed that since he had PKing stats, he was a massive douche. Also, on the RSOF, I've been called "an [instert insult] pure" many times.

PvMers aren't exactly saints either. Anyone who's ever been to Tormented Demons, Daggonoth Kings, or GWD knows that PvM douchebags do exist. This was especially common before the gravestone time extensions. Just like us, you aren't perfect.

I noticed the huge efficiency trolling debacle on this forum, and had it been a giant flaming of all PKers, there would be no consequences. It's like, because you met some douchey low level f2p pure (which, though a minority, do exist), it gives you the right to make snide comments against us as a whole. As a zerker, I fight with honor, and never act rudely. I always ask before I attack, and never rush. There are plenty of pures like me who are mature and respectful.

My point is that we deserve a little bit of respect. I know most of you are tolerant individuals who don't apply to the quote, but for the few of you with bad experiences, be respectful. I shouldn't have to deal with personal insults.

Thank you. Thoughts?

Well pures are douches because they think they can wreck everyone even though they are low leveled. It is a status symbol to some of them. I PvM and rarely PvP but I am not a douche, but Im not nice to people at TDS or in GWD if they try to crash me.

Goldtatze.png

Well pures are douches because they think they can wreck everyone even though they are low leveled. It is a status symbol to some of them. I PvM and rarely PvP but I am not a douche, but Im not nice to people at TDS or in GWD if they try to crash me.

It is, just like say, 99s are a status symbol to mains. Just because we take pride in something doesn't mean we're douches. I like my so called low-levelled stats because they're optimal PKing stats. Keeping a certain combat stat at a certain level is harder than it looks, and it requires certain game knowledge so you don't [bleep] it up.

You can't hate us just because we're pures. That isn't fair.

On my main, I was at TDs, and some guy tried to lure me. When I asked why, it's because "he wanted my fury." I'm not talking about crashers, I'm talking about genuine douches.

the forum is filled primarily with skillers so don't expect any good word about us pkers

more than 90% of rs is complete and total morons so i don't see how blaming it on pkers or skillers or the next guy will ever get anybody anywhere

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Well, I learnt this a long time ago. Probably back in '04, stay out of the wildy. While the new changes and removal of Pvp worlds has rather annoyed me. But I have continued to "ignore" the wildy.

I also tend to ignore pkers, as they do actually tend to be [wagon]. You (the OP), I assume, are a Pker. And quite frankly, I do not know where to stand in this arguement. It just seems like you are shouting "Oh my God, stop hating on Pkers, we are h00man too!" and expect us to stop? Tbh, it sounds like you got butt-hurt (your story explains it?).

Tips to avoid getting butt-hurt:

1) Ignore them, thats what the list is for.

2) Ignore them. You probably ignored the first tip as you like causing arguements.

3) Don't go crashing on people, I am aware it is a game - and yes I am aware that most PvMers just waltz in, but the fact remains that the genuine players who don't have a large surplus of money and 7000+ hours to kill, to grind the money. But be courtious.

4) Negative behaviour is the result of negative behaviour. Therefore, be happy and courtious and we will be more lenient.

Because I am 110% sure you are like every other pker in this game - and the only thing you actually say to other "non-pkers" is "Hop plz!1"

Luck be a Lady

I'm not a pker, never have been. Don't like pking and don't like the taunting/flaming that usually goes with it (I don't believe in honor PVP, even though it exists, it's not what you witness most of the time).

As for deserving respect... I won't hate on pkers for the sake of it, but I won't go out of my way to show respect.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Well, I learnt this a long time ago. Probably back in '04, stay out of the wildy. While the new changes and removal of Pvp worlds has rather annoyed me. But I have continued to "ignore" the wildy.

OK?

I also tend to ignore pkers, as they do actually tend to be [wagon]. You (the OP), I assume, are a Pker. And quite frankly, I do not know where to stand in this arguement. It just seems like you are shouting "Oh my God, stop hating on Pkers, we are h00man too!" and expect us to stop? Tbh, it sounds like you got butt-hurt (your story explains it?).

I already mentioned I was a zerker. You don't like to go in wildy, yet you say that PKers are [wagon]? That sounds fair. Also, using chanspeak outside of /b/ is annoying, you know what I'm talking about, so stop it.

2) Ignore them. You probably ignored the first tip as you like causing arguements.

3) Don't go crashing on people, I am aware it is a game - and yes I am aware that most PvMers just waltz in, but the fact remains that the genuine players who don't have a large surplus of money and 7000+ hours to kill, to grind the money. But be courtious.

4) Negative behaviour is the result of negative behaviour. Therefore, be happy and courtious and we will be more lenient.

While I was at Armoured Zombies on my zerker, someone asked me my stats, and I said 80/99/45. He called me a "[wagon] pure," and that was uncalled for. Additionally, I've been civil, yet you called all pkers "[wagons]", unprovoked. The old jerk pure is nothing but a stereotype, in reality relegated to low-level f2p pkers. The rest of us aren't like that.

I could ignore that, but if I said PvMers are [wagon]s, I'd be infracted (or if on RSOF, post deleted) in a heartbeat while you'll get off scot free. I'm not saying you should be, you shouldn't, it's just a double standard. :rolleyes:

Because I am 110% sure you are like every other pker in this game - and the only thing you actually say to other "non-pkers" is "Hop plz!1"

Since when does pking involve hopping? I'm not like "every other pker" either.

I'm not a pker, never have been. Don't like pking and don't like the taunting/flaming that usually goes with it (I don't believe in honor PVP, even though it exists, it's not what you witness most of the time).

As for deserving respect... I won't hate on pkers for the sake of it, but I won't go out of my way to show respect.

Like I said, the flaming has gotten better. If there's one thing the RWT update did, it scared off the 13-year-old kiddos as they posted genetalia ASCII on the forums and got banned. Most of them have moved on to WoW, so they didn't come back this February. Point being, people are a lot more respectful nowadays. I suggest you PK every once in a while, it's good, clean fun (as long as you prot against rushers :thumbsup:)

Sorry for the double post, but it won't let me edit my posts.

the forum is filled primarily with skillers so don't expect any good word about us pkers

more than 90% of rs is complete and total morons so i don't see how blaming it on pkers or skillers or the next guy will ever get anybody anywhere

Too true.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

'lots of quotes that I should address'

Since when does runescape not involve training?

I am willing to accept that you are not like every other pker but that doesn't still change what you could call my prejudices on Pkers e.t.c I am more than comfortable to turn around and say something equally negative about skillers but that isn't the topic at hand.

This is just a case of stereotyping, read up on Tajfel and Lewin. In short: "Peoples social identities depend on the groups they belong to. From a persons perspective, any group he belongs to is an ingroup, and any group he doesnt belong to is an outgroup."

You are in the Pkers ingroup therefore see positivities, and I am ofcourse in the outgroup. (this is the rants forum, not the debating forum after-all). Much like your belief on PvMer's they aren't saints, to each his own.

In conclusion, my "prejudice" on Pkers has come about from around 6 years of pointing and clicking and while I have encountered a select few of nice people, their numbers have been hugely outweighed by the stereotype, by atleast a ratio of 1:1000+. (Yes, 0.1% of pkers are nice guys.)

Luck be a Lady

100% of douchebags are douchebags. Proven fact.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

'lots of quotes that I should address'

Since when does runescape not involve training?

I am willing to accept that you are not like every other pker but that doesn't still change what you could call my prejudices on Pkers e.t.c I am more than comfortable to turn around and say something equally negative about skillers but that isn't the topic at hand.

This is just a case of stereotyping, read up on Tajfel and Lewin. In short: "Peoples social identities depend on the groups they belong to. From a persons perspective, any group he belongs to is an ingroup, and any group he doesnt belong to is an outgroup."

You are in the Pkers ingroup therefore see positivities, and I am ofcourse in the outgroup. (this is the rants forum, not the debating forum after-all). Much like your belief on PvMer's they aren't saints, to each his own.

In conclusion, my "prejudice" on Pkers has come about from around 6 years of pointing and clicking and while I have encountered a select few of nice people, their numbers have been hugely outweighed by the stereotype, by atleast a ratio of 1:1000+. (Yes, 0.1% of pkers are nice guys.)

Not true. I recognize that some of us are [wagon]. Just like some skillers are [wagon], and some boss hunters are [wagon]. I do have to deal with the occasional jerk, but the nice ones outnumber them. I've been pking for a while now too. I'd say 80%, give or take, are nice.

Every group has its bad apples.

Do you have some sort of grudge against us or what?

Not true. I recognize that some of us are [wagon]. Just like some skillers are [wagon], and some boss hunters are [wagon]. I do have to deal with the occasional jerk, but the nice ones outnumber them. I've been pking for a while now too. I'd say 80%, give or take, are nice.

I thought I made that quite clear, is there a problem?

Luck be a Lady

I don't hate pures just because they're pures, but I tend to dislike people who are pures without even knowing if they are a pure first. I don't know what it is about them, they just tend to act/speak differently. Same thing in real life, I don't dislike a certain group of people on sight, but I tend to dislike most of them.

PM me for fitocracy invite

What he said. Always what he said is right

Dr_Paul_Leet.png

I thought I made that quite clear, is there a problem?

Well you made up some false statistic saying that 99.9% of us are douchebags. So yeah, there's a problem.

Yet you also made up statistics saying that 80% of those are very nice, charismatic, mature adults. And I was speaking from my experience with pkers. And yes literally 1 good apple out of 1000, they are the reason why I have public chat set to hide.

Luck be a Lady

Anybody who hates on pures probably just had a few bad experiences losing a ton of wealth to them. There's not much you can do about it; just as there will always be douchebags in both PvP/PvM, there will always be haters who flame and show disrespect because they can't beat you.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

tbh, as a pker, i'm happy to agree that most pkers are knobs

just like all the other lads i've been playing pool with all evening...

most people are knobs

just how it is... ;)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

My experiences with pures has always been fairly bad, I do not pk often but the pures that I do occasionally meet tend to be biggest douchebags (and even that is an understatement). I am sorry but I will continue to dislike pures, because I have hardly met pures who had the maturity level higher than a 10 year old.

And no this has nothing to do with being killed by a pure.

My experiences with pures has always been fairly bad, I do not pk often but the pures that I do occasionally meet tend to be biggest douchebags (and even that is an understatement). I am sorry but I will continue to dislike pures, because I have hardly met pures who had the maturity level higher than a 10 year old.

What exactly do pures say to you?

Yet you also made up statistics saying that 80% of those are very nice, charismatic, mature adults. And I was speaking from my experience with pkers. And yes literally 1 good apple out of 1000, they are the reason why I have public chat set to hide.

Because it's common [bleep]ing sense. It's like saying 999 out of every 1000 real-life soldiers are [bleep]-heads compared to civilians because they fight others for a living. That's what you're trying to say. Since I PK, I must automatically be a douchebag, while all PvMers are pious, holy virgin monks. You're overgeneralizing. My theory is you met one or two bad pures when you were a low level, and think all of them are bad, which simply isn't the case.

Being a monster hunter and dungeoneer, I typically have more negative opinions of monster hunters and dungeoneers than of PKers, simply because I interact with them far more. Can't say I've spoken to many PKers in my time. I would think that the inverse holds true: surely PKers encounter other PKers far more than they do monster hunters, and thus have a far greater chance of meeting PKers they dislike than monster hunters they dislike.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

What exactly do pures say to you?

Because it's common [bleep]ing sense. It's like saying 999 out of every 1000 real-life soldiers are [bleep]-heads compared to civilians because they fight others for a living. That's what you're trying to say. Since I PK, I must automatically be a douchebag, while all PvMers are pious, holy virgin monks. You're overgeneralizing. My theory is you met one or two bad pures when you were a low level, and think all of them are bad, which simply isn't the case.

I am sorry but your theory is wrong, many of us have been playing for 5+ years, it is not as if pures are all together a rare species. We have all met our fair share of them, and we would not dislike them based solely on hearsay. I do not agree with judging people on their in game stats but I do tend to avoid all pures in the game, simply because of my previous experiences.

I wont disagree that there are a fair share of "bad apples" in players that PVM as well. By this I mean people who crash just because they can, people who intentionally attempt to sabotage another person's trip. But the problem with pures is that you meet so many of these "bad apples" that eventually you begin to go out of your way to avoid them all. You asked me what they say to me, it would be hard to describe 5 years of experiences with immature pures in one post :wink:

I think you should stop trying to defend pures, and rather focus on the positive value that you bring to the game. Frankly most of runescape is filled with immaturity, and that includes Pkers, PVMers and even skillers. There are idiots in every group, all we can do is to try to be the best we can be.

Well PVMers are douches because they think they can crash everyone even though they are the same level. It is a ego boost to some of them. I argue about efficient Mhing and rarely PvM but I am not a douche, but Im not nice to people in runescape if they're 1 or more levels below me.

amadoinitrite?

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png