"L"

Smoothfunk

I was tolerant. I understood that not everyone wanted to type "Haha, that's funny," so I didn't mind "lol." For some god-forsaken reason, since the start of 2011, the lazy pieces of [cabbage] now type "l" instead. Did you not take keyboarding class? Are you that underage? It's only two extra letters. The ONLY time I could see it justified is when you're doing something that requires total concentration like PKing or TDs, don't want to die, but also want to communicate. The rest of the time, people spam "l" skilling or even in serious RS threads.

Maybe it's just a pet-peeve of mine. What do you guys think?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but really, lol has a different meaning. Or at least to me it does. I use lol when something is actually funny, which isnt that often.

L or l is more like something you add to the end of a sentence to make sure people dont interpret it literally. Like ehm while in a dungeon and some guy dies for the 4th time

what, you died again?

or

what, you died again? l

pretty terrible example but i cant think of something better atm. Basically the l is there to show you're not serious or annoyed or whatever

2dvjurb.png

Saying "L" is more of a scoffing noise, not exactly a full laugh, not really a giggle, but somewhere in that area. It has a completely different meaning from "lol" or "haha" or "rofl" etc. It's just another one of those words. Yes...a whole word.

This is how I interpret it.

"lol" = laugh out loud

"L" = laugh

So by only saying L you're not laughing out loud, you're just laughing. Can be taken in whatever context.

I may be horribly wrong, but meh.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention