Unafraid to bot

Butt_Snakes

What's the problem with botting now, you ask? Well I think it's... actually pretty shocking! Usually you see a bot and you can easily tell it's a bot: Stupid random string of letters and numbers for a name, Dragon med/skirt with whip and Granite plate, mindlessly running around, usually level 85ish... but wait, that guy has full bandos, a 99 str cape, and a chaotic rapier. He's obviously a main, and he's not afraid of botting? Couldn't he be risking all the work he (probably didn't) put into that account? Have the bots really become that good? That people aren't afraid of risking such a high level account with what I assume is many hours of investment? Is there just no suitable punishment for them? I've read about people only getting 10-day bans for macroing when I remember that you'd get your stats wiped for it and around the advent of RS2 just a full on permanent ban.

How many people on the hiscores can we even trust anymore? People seem just peachy to bot with their mains even now. I've seen tons of Runecrafting capes around, on lower level players (sub 110 combat). Too many, even. Stereotypically I'd only ever see that cape on level 126s and eventually 138s. Sure you could blame it on easier leveling like ZMI but that's not where all these "good" 99s are being achieved with hard work or dedication. Sure, I've reported maybe a dozen main/pure accounts at the Blue Dragons today (mostly out of asspain that it took so long to do 128 Blue dragon task), but I have little faith in Jagex actually doing anything about them. Out of probably hundreds of reports across my years of playing RS, I've only gotten one message in my inbox saying that Jagex took action against a player I reported. And I always made sure of making good reports too, nothing over stupid crap.

Feels like I'm losing faith in the game, to be honest. I don't trust anyone I see with their accomplishments unless I can tell they haven't botted. How many botters are among us anyway? Like I said, people seem just fine with botting on their main accounts....

Butt_Snakes.png

From the time I reach 99 Defense and HP to the end of August I'm going to try and get a bunch of 99s.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the problem with botting now, you ask? Well I think it's... actually pretty shocking! Usually you see a bot and you can easily tell it's a bot: Stupid random string of letters and numbers for a name, Dragon med/skirt with whip and Granite plate, mindlessly running around, usually level 85ish... but wait, that guy has full bandos, a 99 str cape, and a chaotic rapier. He's obviously a main, and he's not afraid of botting? Couldn't he be risking all the work he (probably didn't) put into that account? Have the bots really become that good? That people aren't afraid of risking such a high level account with what I assume is many hours of investment? Is there just no suitable punishment for them? I've read about people only getting 10-day bans for macroing when I remember that you'd get your stats wiped for it and around the advent of RS2 just a full on permanent ban.

How many people on the hiscores can we even trust anymore? People seem just peachy to bot with their mains even now. I've seen tons of Runecrafting capes around, on lower level players (sub 110 combat). Too many, even. Stereotypically I'd only ever see that cape on level 126s and eventually 138s. Sure you could blame it on easier leveling like ZMI but that's not where all these "good" 99s are being achieved with hard work or dedication. Sure, I've reported maybe a dozen main/pure accounts at the Blue Dragons today (mostly out of asspain that it took so long to do 128 Blue dragon task), but I have little faith in Jagex actually doing anything about them. Out of probably hundreds of reports across my years of playing RS, I've only gotten one message in my inbox saying that Jagex took action against a player I reported. And I always made sure of making good reports too, nothing over stupid crap.

Feels like I'm losing faith in the game, to be honest. I don't trust anyone I see with their accomplishments unless I can tell they haven't botted. How many botters are among us anyway? Like I said, people seem just fine with botting on their main accounts....

Dedication perhaps, but certainly not hard work. People bot to kill the grind and it's just ludicrous how grindy RS really is.

I really do feel the same way.

I've seen multiple RC capes and I was impressed at first. However, if you decide to craft nature runes - you can see that a few of these level 99 are bots.

This is especially apparently if theres a GOP going on or a vex in front of the altar. Tons of bots just end up in front of the vex and stand around.

I think Jagex should do a thing where if you get caught botting/banned - if you ever do return, your account cannot be on the high score (even if you do manage to get your stats back up to the orginal levels)

This would make it easier especially when the head of a clan want to check your stats. No stats = botter, no entry into a clan.

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be too many repercussions but hopefully, this will be amended.

However, with that being said - I sometimes am actually very greatful to bots. Where else would I get such "cheap" herblore (the cost/exp ratio has gone down a bit), prayer, construction exp as well as tons of raw material like pure essences, ores, etc?

capt%20kevin.png

If you think a thread should me moved/merged or simply does not belong, Report it and do not post. It is not a hard thing to remember.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

People who've played the game and know what is and isn't right, who bot, are nothing but scum IMHO.

I noticed my friend was logged in all day, same world, and never replied.

Went to the world, went to some botting hot spots, and lo and behold, there he is.

Old friend, from like 2006. Still I reported him. When he finally got back I said hi, what were you doing all day, ect ect and it ended with me calling him many bad words and removing him from my list.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I understand that, but if one of your friends (whos on your list) starts PMing you (your chat is on), and following you around, I doubt anyone would NOT reply.

Likweise if someone is just following you around. They're obviously trying to talk to you. Refusal to reply is another way for admittance.

People who've played the game and know what is and isn't right, who bot, are nothing but scum IMHO.

I noticed my friend was logged in all day, same world, and never replied.

Went to the world, went to some botting hot spots, and lo and behold, there he is.

Old friend, from like 2006. Still I reported him. When he finally got back I said hi, what were you doing all day, ect ect and it ended with me calling him many bad words and removing him from my list.

You got into a argument with a RS friend because of him/her botting? LOL.

No, this is what happened

-Hi, what were you doing all day? botting?

-Yeah, I get stuff while I'm at school ! :)

-Well you're a [RETRACTED], cheating scum

*reports*

*removes*

*ignores*

^ Am I the only one missing what he gains from doing that?

1 Friends List slot that can du used for someone who doesn't cheat. (Or does, but doesn't openly admit to it)

And possibly teaching his friend a lesson that cheating isn't right. (If Jagex do something about it.)

I can't believe someone is asking why I would insult, report, and remove someone from my list who cheats... You're saying you wouldn't o the same?

I agree with you wkw. Can't see why people have trouble understanding why you would insult somebody who openly cheats.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

I can't believe someone is asking why I would insult, report, and remove someone from my list who cheats... You're saying you wouldn't o the same?

Being a cheater doesn't mean he is automatically scum. Some cheaters are good people, and nice to talk to. I simply don't care what goes on behind the scenes.

crossed_body.png

Being a cheater doesn't mean he is automatically scum. Some cheaters are good people, and nice to talk to. I simply don't care what goes on behind the scenes.

To me and many others they are. It is a difference in personalities, but many people do see cheaters as scum.

zqXeV.jpg

I've seen multiple RC capes and I was impressed at first. However, if you decide to craft nature runes - you can see that a few of these level 99 are bots.

This is especially apparently if theres a GOP going on or a vex in front of the altar. Tons of bots just end up in front of the vex and stand around.

I think Jagex should do a thing where if you get caught botting/banned - if you ever do return, your account cannot be on the high score (even if you do manage to get your stats back up to the orginal levels)

This would make it easier especially when the head of a clan want to check your stats. No stats = botter, no entry into a clan.

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be too many repercussions but hopefully, this will be amended.

However, with that being said - I sometimes am actually very greatful to bots. Where else would I get such "cheap" herblore (the cost/exp ratio has gone down a bit), prayer, construction exp as well as tons of raw material like pure essences, ores, etc?

that is the worst idea ever, all it would do is encourage stakers/pures to bot to hide their stats and although I support being able to hide your stats rewarding it to cheaters seems absurd.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Just remember that botters have the same mentality as people that rob/steal and will do anything to save themselves from the grind of real life and RuneScape. I've always hated cheaters and always will, if the game is too hard for you to handle then you should do yourself a favor and just quit.

372nd to max total level

Just remember that botters have the same mentality as people that rob/steal and will do anything to save themselves from the grind of real life and RuneScape. I've always hated cheaters and always will, if the game is too hard for you to handle then you should do yourself a favor and just quit.

I am pretty sure that if a thief/robber played Runescape that they would most likely play the game in a honest way. Afterall, there is plenty monsters, coins, spots and so on. Where as in real life there is lack of houses, food, jobs etc.

And honestly i find it better that kids at age of 12-17 bots Runescape, instead of using their OWN time on it. Life experience>Game experience. It's not right that Jagex makes young players addicted to Runescape. I find that worse than botting.

I know someone who does pot. They know its illegal and I don't like it, so they try to not do it around me, or remind me every day that they do it.

Now

I probably know a few people who bot. They know its illegal and I don't like it, so they try not to do it around me, or remind me every day that they do it.

I have two people who bot on my friends list cus they're my friends. If you think someone you've known from 06 or whatever is scum because they bot then I question your ability to pick friends. I enjoy talking to people on my friends list and wouldn't delete them cus apparently botting makes them 'scum.'

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I love this highscores thing. I don't give a rats ass about highscores. If the ONLY punishment for botting was removal from highscores, then I'd be botting RC, livid farm, agility.... lol.

My God. Really? There's too ****ing lazy to grin and that makes them robbers? Really?

Try training agility or Livid Farm. By the time you get 99 agility or all the spells, you'll be a lot more sympathetic to why people bot rofl.

I absolutely love people who take the moral high ground against bots. It's human nature to develop tricks and tools to make life easier. 75% of RuneScape skilling is pretty much grinding. It's only wrong because

1. the whole sense of achievement thing - I got 99 mining without botting, this botter got 99 mining with botting, more exp, you can't tell us apart

2. because Jagex said so.

Really, by this logic, hoping to win the lottery is unethical, because you're "cheating" your way through life. LOL. Oh, and for the record, some people who rob/steal actually put quite a lot of work into it XD

As for people botting without fear, this is why: a large amount of the RS population bots now. So that's a lot of income if Jagex perm-bans them. At one point, I think Jagex decided to be more lenient to a person who maybe has just a first offense with botting - if they've been playing a few years sans bots, PERM BAN for botting could be seen as kinda harsh. But then attitude just causes more people to bot because of less fear of punishment.

Fast forward to now. As best as I can tell, punishment for botting is often very light - temp ban, reset in the stat you were botting - which just encourages more botting. Jagex is now in a situation where, due to the large amount of botting, it's economically impractical for them to get rid of them - by get rid of them, I mean start perm-banning mains. Hence why people bot at, say, frost dragons. And because people are botting more and more, this encourages botting, specifically making better and better bots that are less good at being caught.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

People are unafraid to bot because Jagex is afraid to ban and lose membership fees. To be sadly honest, it's now unefficient not to bot these days...

There are several solutions that would at least reduce the number of bots, but Jagex seems to not be willing to risk it...seeing as botters represent the biggest % of players when you break down the population into categories (Pkers, skillers, questers, MHers, RWTers, Scammers, Lottery-type players, botters). Note that some players are in more than one category.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563