Unafraid to bot

Butt_Snakes

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will happily say if selling gold was allowed, I wouldn't have an 8 billion gold bank on RS. I would have a new computer and a better car, on my way to Vegas, amongst other things.

Although to be fair if selling gold was allowed, and everyone did it, I wouldn't have an 8 billion gold bank on RS. I would have lunch and dinner paid for tonight.

This thread shows that due to jagex change in stance towards botters that more people who are selfish for their own needs have no problem admitting it on a 'fan' site of the game. They will freely admit they are selfish for their own needs rather than the games continued quality. No one can argue/convince them see otherwise because at the end of the day.. they dont care.. its about their own needs rather than anyone elses.

That said. They got no respect for us so I got no respect for them. I cant be bothered writing any more.

The person or rather company most responsible for this mess is jagex anyway. I put the blame with them for allowing people to think its ok to bot in their game.

You're God damn right I'll put my needs before the needs of a videogame. Anyone who doesn't needs to get their priorities in order.

It's a game.

This. You can piss and moan about ethics all you want, but the guy who paid for his college with RS (Duke Freedom?) was brilliant. He made the best choice-- RS is a GAME, it's not REAL, and in the end sometime in the future it will no longer exist.

td2sig.jpg

Yeah no kidding, I have a friend who recently got $25,000 dollars from selling his staking profits.

25 grand, or making sure you have fun on a videogame. There should be no argument at all

BTW he wasn't even banned, he's back up to a partyhat or two, and he did it all in one transaction

Jagex doesn't f***ing care.

I'm not friends with people I suspect bot (but I don't have any proof) because they bot. I am friends with them because of who they are personality wise. I do not agree with their actions and wouldn't be able to deny it if it was completely obvious, but I don't think removing them would change the fact anyway. It's like saying I shouldn't be friends with someone anymore because they smoke and I don't like smoking.

Now would I report them? If I see them doing it, yes. Am I going to go stalk every single person I suspect on my friends list of botting to confirm it? No, I did not sign up to become a vigilante, and for all I know they could be like me: daydreaming and not paying attention to the chat while playing the game. (I've known some people who become so bored they essentially fall asleep, but because the movement of the game-play itself is so simple, their body has learned to move their hand automatically a certain direction and distance and they're literally playing in their sleep. O.o Hard to tell from there if they are botting or not from the other side eh? XD)

It is definitely a shame to see so many bots, and maybe I've become rather apathetic towards them. But I am not going to ruin my game-play trying to hunt every single one down either instead of doing what I had signed up to actually do: Play the game. The game-play itself is so tedious sometimes, even boring sometimes it's no wonder there's so many bots (Skill-X being something that was supposed to make it easier on us, yet it doesn't take away the desire to want to bot). It's not a series of complicated commands to get your character to move around.

If I see it, I'll report it. Pure and simple. Should people be afraid to cheat? I think the word "afraid" isn't really the correct term for the situation. Rather, there isn't enough in my opinion to discourage them from cheating aside from stat/inventory/bank wipes and bans. This unfortunately happens with all games. You can try to do all you want to fight the bots but they will persist because there are people simply dedicated to doing this and people can always make new accounts. No popular game is cheater free as far as I know. Does that mean we have to give up stopping them all together? No, but we shouldn't let it control our entire game-play either.

Yeah no kidding, I have a friend who recently got $25,000 dollars from selling his staking profits.

25 grand, or making sure you have fun on a videogame. There should be no argument at all

BTW he wasn't even banned, he's back up to a partyhat or two, and he did it all in one transaction

Jagex doesn't f***ing care.

Read the whole thread. By far the best post in it. You god damn right there ain't no arguement. 1g would alone provide more fun for me than RS ever could even if i blew that [cabbage] in two or three days. Let alone 25 grand. Face it the bots are here to stay. Sure it sucks. BTW the people playing complaining about people beating them on the high scores might wanna step back from the game for a minute if thats all they're worried about, and maybe go do something in the real world. Only time i get pissed at bots is if i'm trying to cut yews, and even then i'm not really pissed about it. Just more annoyed.

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

Probably the best article I've read in a long time. Great read.

On to my opinion - I feel the same way, heck, I don't even report bots anymore because A) we never even get an automated response confirming action has been taken against that account for cheating, and B) the great 'bot detection system' probably doesn't even exist - look at all the bots in the tzhaar city, sorceress' garden (video of that below - created by Jiblix), living rock caverns, and probably a few other places. It is out of control and I too, have no faith that anything will be done about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH_WavFJ8Rw

What has this world come to :-(

2vuhgcn.png

That's cool if you wanna sell RSGP and all but I don't recommend you openly admit it on a forum with your RSN visible and with lots of people who know Jmods lol

This.

Also, Wicked got a week ban from TIF because a mod inferred from his pics that he "account shares," so I would not be surprised if you get at least that for admitting to RWT, which is a markedly greater offense than "account sharing."

td2sig.jpg

If it really bothers you that much, take up a hobby in computer programming and learn to script yourself? That alone would open some career options if you enjoy doing that and become proficient in it.

As far as RWT goes, the only ones who are really upset over it are those who are just JELLY they can't do it themselves. Because if they had a few thousand dollars worth of rsgp, they would do the same exact thing (when they're done with the game). Unless you're like 30+ and making an engineer, doctor, or lawyer salary - don't even lie and say you would not.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

This is a reminder that Tip.It strictly enforces all RuneScape rules and admitting to violating them isn't something that we allow. General discussions are okay but stay away from, "Yeah I sold GP for real money and I'd do it again," kind of posts.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

You know what I wanna know, who're the people BUYING like 25k IRL worth of RS GP a month? Lol.

Also, I wish Tipit could make a forum or thread or something where they don't BANHAMMER people who say they botted/RWT so we can have a much more meaningful discussion about it. I mean, I understand it's against the rules and I understand why the mods do it, but still. We're having a discussion about something where you get censored if you admit having personal experience with it. Like highschoolers discussing sex in the 50s o_O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

You know what I wanna know, who're the people BUYING like 25k IRL worth of RS GP a month? Lol.

Also, I wish Tipit could make a forum or thread or something where they don't BANHAMMER people who say they botted/RWT so we can have a much more meaningful discussion about it. I mean, I understand it's against the rules and I understand why the mods do it, but still. We're having a discussion about something where you get censored if you admit having personal experience with it. Like highschoolers discussing sex in the 50s o_O

I like the idea.

Basically a thread where you can say, "Hey, I botted. This happened." Or, "Hey, I sold RSGP, this happened." You can share your experiences and let people know why it's not a good idea. As long as you don't encourage it I don't think it'd be a bad idea.

My post got gamed. I will watch what I say from now on.

OT: The amount of websites now that offer real world trading is astonishing and it is easier than ever to sell gold. There is a website that is set up like eBay strictly for selling currency, accounts, and items from different online games. Runescape is one of the games with a section on the site. I'm surprised that Jagex hasn't tried to have the Runescape section removed from the site. The site works like a middleman and if Jagex took out this "safe" middleman then I'm sure it would cut down on the amount of small few time sellers out there. Honestly many of the people who sell use this site because there is no risk of being scammed. If it were gone, then only black market sites and gold farming sites would be open, and lets face it, only people with a huge rep or perm big time sellers will risk selling through there.

I do know some people who have been banned for buying/selling gold one time, but the large sellers and the "trusted" middlemen have not been banned because I think that Jagex is trying to keep them in. Let the "Big Fish" bring in the many small fish to be banned. That's why if you look on any black market site you will see the same names popping up of sellers. The big fish don't get caught (or are let go because they lead to others).

Hope this post is discussion worthy and not going to cause another warning from Tip.it staff. I purposely left out website and sellers names because I am following Tip.it rules (or attempting too).

peace,

Vann

EDIT:

For the people buying that much gold. Many of them are re-sellers who buy for say .60/M and sell for .80/M. The other small part are people who have their mommy or daddy's credit card and have too much money to care how they spend it. To me $1,000 is a big deal, I mean it would get me by for a month with bills, food, bar tab, clothing, gas, etc. But to others $1,000 is play money or their weekly allowance.

Also, I like the idea of an "Honest" thread where people can speak about real experiences and such.

Before i say what i am going to say, Logdotzip speaks words of wisdom.

Why should you bother to go against your friends over a game? Jagex don't give a [bleep]. They didn't bother to show respect to F2Ps who have played the [bleep]ed up game of "free world" with inhuman grinding and bad experience rates.

They didn't bother to make a Vet cape without stats for F2P.

They don't bother to make Community events interesting (Banishing of Revs - awesome event!!!!!!)

If your a member, your cool. If your a Free player, your dirt. That's their philosphy. Respect is given to those who have earned it. And Jagex....enuff said. I don't support cheating, botting or RWT. But i have gained knowledge that Jagex does not care about their players, and because of it i am indifferent of all of these things in context with Runescape.

The last time the botting + rule breakers topic came up, I seem to remember someone likening rule breakers and botters to rapists and moral nihilists. Sounds about right don't you think?

My post got gamed. I will watch what I say from now on.

OT: The amount of websites now that offer real world trading is astonishing and it is easier than ever to sell gold. There is a website that is set up like eBay strictly for selling currency, accounts, and items from different online games. Runescape is one of the games with a section on the site. I'm surprised that Jagex hasn't tried to have the Runescape section removed from the site. The site works like a middleman and if Jagex took out this "safe" middleman then I'm sure it would cut down on the amount of small few time sellers out there. Honestly many of the people who sell use this site because there is no risk of being scammed. If it were gone, then only black market sites and gold farming sites would be open, and lets face it, only people with a huge rep or perm big time sellers will risk selling through there.

I do know some people who have been banned for buying/selling gold one time, but the large sellers and the "trusted" middlemen have not been banned because I think that Jagex is trying to keep them in. Let the "Big Fish" bring in the many small fish to be banned. That's why if you look on any black market site you will see the same names popping up of sellers. The big fish don't get caught (or are let go because they lead to others).

Hope this post is discussion worthy and not going to cause another warning from Tip.it staff. I purposely left out website and sellers names because I am following Tip.it rules (or attempting too).

peace,

Vann

EDIT:

For the people buying that much gold. Many of them are re-sellers who buy for say .60/M and sell for .80/M. The other small part are people who have their mommy or daddy's credit card and have too much money to care how they spend it. To me $1,000 is a big deal, I mean it would get me by for a month with bills, food, bar tab, clothing, gas, etc. But to others $1,000 is play money or their weekly allowance.

Also, I like the idea of an "Honest" thread where people can speak about real experiences and such.

What you described is pretty much how the war on drugs plays out in many cities. The top guys aren't anywhere near the "packages," nor are their lieutenants. Anyone who handles the drugs doesn't really matter. So when the cops make busts, all they get are low-level street guys with no real knowledge of the operation, who can't be tied back to the druglords who are running the show.

td2sig.jpg

You're God damn right I'll put my needs before the needs of a videogame. Anyone who doesn't needs to get their priorities in order.

...So don't play runescape....? People who cheat on a game and try to run businesses off of them obviously care a lot more about RS than casual players like me. I wouldn't take the risk of downloading potential trojans or go through the effort of purchasing a bot or RWT just to enlarge my e-peen on an online video game, but a lot of people on TIF obviously would. If grinding sucks...just don't do it?

Also, I'm pretty sure i could make 25 grand on minimum wage with the time it took people to get lvl 138 and win 6B staking, or do something even more productive. So the whole idea of RWT seems incredibly unprofitable and useless, unless you're in the RWT business with like a billion bots doing work for you. But I seriously doubt any RWT company owner makes more money than any middle class american or person that just graduated from a decent college, considering the selling of virtual goods is a completely unstable and shady industry.

...So don't play runescape....? People who cheat on a game and try to run businesses off of them obviously care a lot more about RS than casual players like me. I wouldn't take the risk of downloading potential trojans or go through the effort of purchasing a bot or RWT just to enlarge my e-peen on an online video game, but a lot of people on TIF obviously would. If grinding sucks...just don't do it?

Also, I'm pretty sure i could make 25 grand on minimum wage with the time it took people to get lvl 138 and win 6B staking, or do something even more productive. So the whole idea of RWT seems incredibly unprofitable and useless, unless you're in the RWT business with like a billion bots doing work for you. But I seriously doubt any RWT company owner makes more money than any middle class american or person that just graduated from a decent college, considering the selling of virtual goods is a completely unstable and shady industry.

Well that makes you either an idiot, or completely ignorant of how profitable running bots or getting lucky staking + selling is. Likely both.

I think he was making the point that if a quick buck is on the table, and you haven't got millions stashed away whilst employing someone to keep it tax-free at a dodgy bank in Estonia, you take it. Morals (wrong word) Ethics frankly go out of the window for most people unless there's a possibility of criminal liability.

There are people who don't earn $25K a year, you'd be crazy to turn it down.

This is a reminder that Tip.It strictly enforces all RuneScape rules and admitting to violating them isn't something that we allow. General discussions are okay but stay away from, "Yeah I sold GP for real money and I'd do it again," kind of posts.

I sold gp on runescape for sexual favors while snorting cocaine and I'd do it again, if it weren't for those meddling mods and their ability to hand out bans on a Runescape fansite forum.

But seriously, breaking runescape rules doesnt make you a bad person irl [or support prostitution or drugs or cheating of any kind] and it doesnt encourage trolling on a fansite. Tip.it should give up their stance on this, you are only driving a wedge in your community. It is rather sad that you care more about Jagex rules then Jagex :lol:

Part of being in a close relationship with jagex, staying in the good light of jagex, keeping the site platinum, is abiding by the rules.