Bots, bots, bots, and why they make me rage!

tripsis

Bots, bots, bots, and why they make me rage!

This sticky is a place for you to rant about bots, how they affect you, and what is being done (or not being done) to stop them.

If a rant is particularly well thought out, we may allow it to exist in its own thread outside of this sticky, but this will ultimately be up to the moderators.

Remember: no naming names! So if you see someone who you believe to be botting, please edit our their name when posting a screenshot or telling your story. There's always the chance that they could be a legitimate player and we don't want innocent players to wind up with an undeserved bad reputation!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was checking my Facebook, and I looked over on the side where they have the Ads and this is what I saw.

wowwtf.png

Are they really that big now? It's pretty shocking to me, anyway.

sethz0rztransparent.png

Thanks for adding this sticky! Was needed imo.

@SethOrz Yes, bot ads/rwt sites advertise EVERYWHERE. Even more so if you search for anything Runescape related, or visit anything to do with runescape from social networking sites. It's sad, but business must be booming for them if they can pay to advertise so much.

My personal opinion. I don't care about bots. If someone wants to get crappy exp/gp through laziness, that's their choice. It doesn't hurt my gameplay either.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Above post.... just wow. F-, F for effort. Ouch. Try again next time.

On topic, I'd like it if bots weren't here, but I suppose they'll never be eliminated. Have to live with them. At least they keep raw good prices down... :mellow:

PM me for fitocracy invite

My personal opinion. I don't care about bots. If someone wants to get crappy exp/gp through laziness, that's their choice. It doesn't hurt my gameplay either.

This. To add to this, bots aren't on every single world and every single spot, so if one still wishes to go to crappy xp/gp areas, they can keep hopping until they find a world.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I hate bots, but it's only really because this game is so damn grindy. But, yeah, I hope they don't fix the sorcerresssess garden bot before I get myself 63/65 herblore.

At least you didn't get 87 herblore literally a few weeks before the SC bots started showing up... <_<

[hide]

[/hide]

Honestly, I've come to the conclusion that the heart of the botting issue is asking WHY people bot - and the answer is very obvious. Rs is extremely, extremely grindy. I mean, I haven't seen one person on this forum who doesn't like the effects of bots, i.e. cheaper prayer and herblore. Imagine how bad it'd be to collect it ourselves - thus making it hypocritical for most people to actively dislike bots on general principle, for one thing...

I could try to come up with examples, but really I'd expect most RS players to understand what I'm talking about. RC, livid farm, agility are the first things that come to my mind.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Honestly, I've come to the conclusion that the heart of the botting issue is asking WHY people bot - and the answer is very obvious. Rs is extremely, extremely grindy. I mean, I haven't seen one person on this forum who doesn't like the effects of bots, i.e. cheaper prayer and herblore. Imagine how bad it'd be to collect it ourselves - thus making it hypocritical for most people to actively dislike bots on general principle, for one thing...

I could try to come up with examples, but really I'd expect most RS players to understand what I'm talking about. RC, livid farm, agility are the first things that come to my mind.

People that think pollution is bad are stoopid bcuz dey drive carz and needs dem so they r hypocritiszers, so pollution must be g00d.

People are able to consume goods td incredibly low prices in the US because of exploitation of labor in third world countries, you probably think that is good too.

but wutdo ino, im just a trolololo.

Sorry, but I don't like bots cause they don't talk. I like to fish and talk to people. It's nice to get to yak about anything. Makes RS more interesting to know others all over the world like this or that about RS. Oh well, who am I. I'm just a player that love RS. botters stink.

cid_003c01c5fb8beb6aad30580ce118fel.gif

I was woodcutting and some idiots started planting swamp toads or w/e under the premise of "bot killing" which annoyed me and forced me to tele.

I am disgusted at how the presence of bots allow these so called "bot hunters" to have an excuse of hurting legitimate players and effectively luring people while they are woodcutting whether they are bots or not.

But they are helping stop the botting!!!!!

They are doing an outstanding job. With the combined efforts of the bot hunters and Jagex's super bot detecting system, bots will be gone in no time!!!!!

[hide]

[/hide]

Why are there so many bots at Turoths? Anyone care to clue me in to why people would bot them?

I havent had them assigned in ages, but was hangin' with my low lvl friend at cockatrices and saw all these bots walking by. Followed one and there were like 5-6 there on a few different worlds. I cant remember them having any great drops besides leaf blade sword when they first came out.

From what I've heard, they are botted for clue scrolls.

This. Turoths have quite high rate for clue scrolls.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

With how far AI has advanced in recent years, I believe we should start rallying for Cylon rights.

Bots are legitimate players IMO. At least the more sophisticated kinds, not the color clickers.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I don't know, but I just recently came back into this game. Going for 99 fishing and all, and I know selling lobs isn't the best way to make money, but I was hoping to gain a bit more than what the set price is now. Everyone is blaming the bots. And I can't help but think things would be better without them.

HornedFrogs9.png

Bot Hunters are worse than the bots...IMHO. I came down the stairs of the Mage Guild after getting 99 Mage and buying Cape, when what do i see...3 players outside the door spam clicking them. The Bots seemed to be able to go right through their nonsense, but I couldn't. I had to tell them to knock it off.

It seems that this is another one of those dumb attempts by "Bot Hunters" to catch bots...but instead are snagging legit players.

Wish their was a forum just for them, so other Bot Hunters (who are better at it) can explain better ways of catching them than the kindergarten attempts they are making now. There are plenty of ways to trap and get them killed...but spam clicking the doors at the Mage Guild isn't one of them.

if you bot, I hope that soon you will die painfully :^_^:

that's all I have to say.

Yes, let us wish death upon people for using automated software to play a game focused on grinding. What a superb idea.

PM me for fitocracy invite

So I went and ZMI'd for like a week due to effigy plans. Upon my return from that underworld, I was assigned a Black Demon task.

Now it can't have been more than two weeks or so since I've last been down in that Taverly dungeon, but really now:

botfest.png

They've officially ruined one of the best slayer tasks. This honestly makes me quite sad, as now it appears that more and more Slayer tasks are going to become bot-fests like this one.

Come on now... :angry: