Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bots, bots, bots, and why they make me rage!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,506 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

With how far AI has advanced in recent years, I believe we should start rallying for Cylon rights.

Bots are legitimate players IMO. At least the more sophisticated kinds, not the color clickers.

This will be a real argument in 50 years, when your average bot has the language capability of smarter child and full autonomy in games [with whatever games are around then]

ixfd64
[ Display Name History ]

ixfd64

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,299 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:ixfd64
  • RSN2:ixfd64 rs2
It's more like 150: http://www.futuretim...99.htm#androids
ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer
ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

HornedFrogs9
[ Display Name History ]

HornedFrogs9

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:HornedFrogs9
I don't know, but I just recently came back into this game. Going for 99 fishing and all, and I know selling lobs isn't the best way to make money, but I was hoping to gain a bit more than what the set price is now. Everyone is blaming the bots. And I can't help but think things would be better without them.

Navyvet1
[ Display Name History ]

Navyvet1

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 74 posts
Bot Hunters are worse than the bots...IMHO. I came down the stairs of the Mage Guild after getting 99 Mage and buying Cape, when what do i see...3 players outside the door spam clicking them. The Bots seemed to be able to go right through their nonsense, but I couldn't. I had to tell them to knock it off.

It seems that this is another one of those dumb attempts by "Bot Hunters" to catch bots...but instead are snagging legit players.

Wish their was a forum just for them, so other Bot Hunters (who are better at it) can explain better ways of catching them than the kindergarten attempts they are making now. There are plenty of ways to trap and get them killed...but spam clicking the doors at the Mage Guild isn't one of them.

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer
[ Display Name History ]

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kata Phract
if you bot, I hope that soon you will die painfully :^_^:

that's all I have to say.
Posted Image
I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Nomrombom

if you bot, I hope that soon you will die painfully :^_^:

that's all I have to say.

Yes, let us wish death upon people for using automated software to play a game focused on grinding. What a superb idea.
PM me for fitocracy invite

Bassy
[ Display Name History ]

Bassy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bassjason1
  • Clan:Spirit of Saradomin
So I went and ZMI'd for like a week due to effigy plans. Upon my return from that underworld, I was assigned a Black Demon task.

Now it can't have been more than two weeks or so since I've last been down in that Taverly dungeon, but really now:

Posted Image

They've officially ruined one of the best slayer tasks. This honestly makes me quite sad, as now it appears that more and more Slayer tasks are going to become bot-fests like this one.

Come on now... :angry:

Trollface
[ Display Name History ]

Trollface

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • RSN:RandallFlagg
  • Clan:DGS
Now you see why everyone is using the CT minidungeon for black demons (although if you find a world with less than 3 bots cannoning is still viable).

Frede173
[ Display Name History ]

Frede173

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • RSN:Frede173
Try French or German worlds.
Slow respawns but rarely more than 3 people down there. :thumbsup:
Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte

So I went and ZMI'd for like a week due to effigy plans. Upon my return from that underworld, I was assigned a Black Demon task.

Now it can't have been more than two weeks or so since I've last been down in that Taverly dungeon, but really now:

Posted Image

They've officially ruined one of the best slayer tasks. This honestly makes me quite sad, as now it appears that more and more Slayer tasks are going to become bot-fests like this one.

Come on now... :angry:

I've been cannoning/meleeing Black Demons for charms and effigies and yes, the bots down there have become just terrible -- 20 of the damn things, all dressed alike, and all attacking the same available target. :angry:

That said -- I hopped to a 1500+ skills world and there were no bots at all ...

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RSN:Mirrorforced
I definitely agree about the bots. I have seen too many for my own good. They've already been messing with my gameplay so they better get the heck out of my way! :P
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

Merre
[ Display Name History ]

Merre

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • Clan:ANTI COE
Ffs I'm about to hit L85 summoning. I thought it would be a smart move to work on my next goal: using up the 2.5K crimson charms I got on making 2.5k swamp titan pouches.
I go to the hunting spot and it's simply overcrowded. I waited my turn to take spot and then notice they just come back after banking and they beat me everytime I tree to click
the tree to set my trap. I know people are gonna say: "big deal, make money in another skill and just buy them" Well I don't play like that. I gather all my materials myself (except ess since that's lousy XP)
so can't bare with this. Stupid bots...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

"big deal, make money in another skill and just buy them" Well I don't play like that.

Then you have no reason to complain. You're bringing it on yourself.

Imamonkey
[ Display Name History ]

Imamonkey

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 339 posts
Oh my gosh!!!

I just started playing again after not playing for about a year. I haven't been playing by my own choice. Just have not been able too. I knew bots have always been a problem, but this is outragous! And even on here it seems as if almost people are defending them.

I started playing when RuneScape was not even a year old. I have always loved it. And yes, it is a grind game. I have never botted in this whole time and have spent way to much of my life on this game. But I (did) enjoy it.

I once heard someone say that staff would sometimes whisk players away like a random and talk to them to see if they were a bot or not. Don't know if this was true, or just someone saying it as a scare tactic. But what would be so hard about doing that. I went to the mining guild an my jaw dropped.

I hear people say just go somewhere else. Why should someone actually playing have to go somewhere else because of bots!? It is one thing to have to do this because of an annoying player. You can ignore them, go to another world or just do something else for a little bit. They are eventually going to go do something else too.

I only see a couple of solutions to this. And I know it wouldn't work. People that actually do play just quit paying for membership. That will never happen. But iif it did then maybe something might actually get done by Jagex. My fear is after what I have seen in the last couple of weeks I have been back is that more botters are probably paying than people actually playing.

I used to enjoy this game, still could if it wasn't for all the bots. I never thought I would say I miss people talking on this game, but I do.

I guess I will no longer play. Or at the least play in a manner where I have a life this time.

I hate to say it, but I think this is bye to RuneScape. A game I used to worry about shutting the doors because then I wouldn't get to play. Never thought I would leave on my own, but....

I could go on, but what is the point.
Posted Image

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
  • RSN:Lose No Hope
  • Clan:DGS

And even on here it seems as if almost people are defending them.

We aren't defending them. Many of us just don't care anymore. Jagex doesn't seem to care either. They are there, and there is nothing that we can do about it besides complain, so what is the point?

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

And even on here it seems as if almost people are defending them.

We aren't defending them. Many of us just don't care anymore. Jagex doesn't seem to care either. They are there, and there is nothing that we can do about it besides complain, so what is the point?

This. They do drive raw material prices down for training as well. Get on a 1500+ world or go somewhere without bots, or learn to live with them. Nothing's going to change anytime soon.

sharksman3
[ Display Name History ]

sharksman3

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • RSN:130 n 85 Def
  • RSN2:Weary Jump
  • Clan:NONE
bots wear the ugliest ass outfits, learn to wear drag boots and glorys not accuracy ammys fools
Granite body/drag skirt gives you all away
Posted Image
Posted Image
"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

bots wear the ugliest ass outfits, learn to wear drag boots and glorys not accuracy ammys fools
Granite body/drag skirt gives you all away

Skirt because it's cheaper than legs and gives good defence, granite because they haven't done Dragon Slayer, and if a bot is wearing an accuracy ammy then it's just a dumb or unknowing bot owner. Doesn't matter if they're given away anyway, people don't report and Jagex doesn't perma.

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
theres bots at waterfiends now, either that or dbaxe and ancient staves are the new best weapons, and the same people camp wfs 24 7 without talking...

Staurolite.png

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

theres bots at waterfiends now, either that or dbaxe and ancient staves are the new best weapons, and the same people camp wfs 24 7 without talking...

For poorer people, those are the best choices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users