Bots, bots, bots, and why they make me rage!

tripsis

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went and ZMI'd for like a week due to effigy plans. Upon my return from that underworld, I was assigned a Black Demon task.

Now it can't have been more than two weeks or so since I've last been down in that Taverly dungeon, but really now:

botfest.png

They've officially ruined one of the best slayer tasks. This honestly makes me quite sad, as now it appears that more and more Slayer tasks are going to become bot-fests like this one.

Come on now... :angry:

I've been cannoning/meleeing Black Demons for charms and effigies and yes, the bots down there have become just terrible -- 20 of the damn things, all dressed alike, and all attacking the same available target. :angry:

That said -- I hopped to a 1500+ skills world and there were no bots at all ...

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

I definitely agree about the bots. I have seen too many for my own good. They've already been messing with my gameplay so they better get the heck out of my way! :P

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Ffs I'm about to hit L85 summoning. I thought it would be a smart move to work on my next goal: using up the 2.5K crimson charms I got on making 2.5k swamp titan pouches.

I go to the hunting spot and it's simply overcrowded. I waited my turn to take spot and then notice they just come back after banking and they beat me everytime I tree to click

the tree to set my trap. I know people are gonna say: "big deal, make money in another skill and just buy them" Well I don't play like that. I gather all my materials myself (except ess since that's lousy XP)

so can't bare with this. Stupid bots...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Oh my gosh!!!

I just started playing again after not playing for about a year. I haven't been playing by my own choice. Just have not been able too. I knew bots have always been a problem, but this is outragous! And even on here it seems as if almost people are defending them.

I started playing when RuneScape was not even a year old. I have always loved it. And yes, it is a grind game. I have never botted in this whole time and have spent way to much of my life on this game. But I (did) enjoy it.

I once heard someone say that staff would sometimes whisk players away like a random and talk to them to see if they were a bot or not. Don't know if this was true, or just someone saying it as a scare tactic. But what would be so hard about doing that. I went to the mining guild an my jaw dropped.

I hear people say just go somewhere else. Why should someone actually playing have to go somewhere else because of bots!? It is one thing to have to do this because of an annoying player. You can ignore them, go to another world or just do something else for a little bit. They are eventually going to go do something else too.

I only see a couple of solutions to this. And I know it wouldn't work. People that actually do play just quit paying for membership. That will never happen. But iif it did then maybe something might actually get done by Jagex. My fear is after what I have seen in the last couple of weeks I have been back is that more botters are probably paying than people actually playing.

I used to enjoy this game, still could if it wasn't for all the bots. I never thought I would say I miss people talking on this game, but I do.

I guess I will no longer play. Or at the least play in a manner where I have a life this time.

I hate to say it, but I think this is bye to RuneScape. A game I used to worry about shutting the doors because then I wouldn't get to play. Never thought I would leave on my own, but....

I could go on, but what is the point.

in4F.gif

And even on here it seems as if almost people are defending them.

We aren't defending them. Many of us just don't care anymore. Jagex doesn't seem to care either. They are there, and there is nothing that we can do about it besides complain, so what is the point?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

And even on here it seems as if almost people are defending them.

We aren't defending them. Many of us just don't care anymore. Jagex doesn't seem to care either. They are there, and there is nothing that we can do about it besides complain, so what is the point?

This. They do drive raw material prices down for training as well. Get on a 1500+ world or go somewhere without bots, or learn to live with them. Nothing's going to change anytime soon.

PM me for fitocracy invite

bots wear the ugliest ass outfits, learn to wear drag boots and glorys not accuracy ammys fools

Granite body/drag skirt gives you all away

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

bots wear the ugliest ass outfits, learn to wear drag boots and glorys not accuracy ammys fools

Granite body/drag skirt gives you all away

Skirt because it's cheaper than legs and gives good defence, granite because they haven't done Dragon Slayer, and if a bot is wearing an accuracy ammy then it's just a dumb or unknowing bot owner. Doesn't matter if they're given away anyway, people don't report and Jagex doesn't perma.

theres bots at waterfiends now, either that or dbaxe and ancient staves are the new best weapons, and the same people camp wfs 24 7 without talking...

For poorer people, those are the best choices.

I have a friend I know irl that bots. He quit playing legitly about a year ago when he sold his lvl 100 something account for $100 (which tbh is a lot considering that I have another friend that got fed up with Jagex and bots, and then on top of that got hacked who had a 138 account with decent skills and got $110). So now he bots and gets money on an account and then just sells it. He actually thinks it's funny that in a year of botting multiple accounts he hasn't been caught. If some bot owners are like this where they just don't care about the game anymore and want to make some money off of it I don't think we're ever going to see an end to bots.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

• 2 weeks later...

Woah, so bots do clues? Crazy.

I doubt bots actually do the clues, just get them for the noobs who cant' be bothered working hard for them.

People work hard for clues?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Never really cared much, RS is way too grindy, I really began to see it as less of a game. The play:work ratio is waaaaaaaay to low. Hence the reason I quit playing video games for the most part, aside from minigames on sites like FunOrb (not anymore though, Jagex is in the toilet). :)

So I was checking my Facebook, and I looked over on the side where they have the Ads and this is what I saw.

wowwtf.png

Are they really that big now? It's pretty shocking to me, anyway.

Wowzers! I would have reported the AD right away to Jagex.

lady_of_hope.png

That's the point here: it doesn't help reporting adds or bots anymore.

I report at least 10 bots a day. The ones I see every day in my homeworld at the same spot. I even monitor a L132 who changes skill every so many weeks after hitting 99.

First it was fishing sharks at Catherby for weeks, now it's powermining iron east of ardougne. I report it every time and so do other people around it.

Yet it's still there. I'll keep reporting but I doubt it actually contributes a thing...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I report at least 10 bots a day. The ones I see every day in my homeworld at the same spot. I even monitor a L132 who changes skill every so many weeks after hitting 99.

First it was fishing sharks at Catherby for weeks, now it's powermining iron east of ardougne. I report it every time and so do other people around it.

Yet it's still there. I'll keep reporting but I doubt it actually contributes a thing...

This is something I have noticed sometimes too. The same high-level player (actually bot) who I have reported multiple times still just keeps playing. Jagex really needs to get better at banning bots.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I was training crafting at the GE last night and this firemaking bot was using all 4 rows of fm spots there. He was about level 80 something and wearing elite black armor (which I think looks beyond nooby, I can't stand looking at it). He only had 3 ranked skills, 1 of them firemaking so I'm 100% sure he was a bot (also the way he'd move). Me and a few friends made efforts to stop him by making a line of 5 fires or so in all of his spots and he got stuck for a good while, but he was persistent since he was a bot (lol). In the end I gave up and decided not to think about it. I just hated seeing that elite black armor noob botting for some reason...

/rage

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

This is something I have noticed sometimes too. The same high-level player (actually bot) who I have reported multiple times still just keeps playing. Jagex really needs to get better at banning bots.

It isn't that they suck at it (which is undeniable) as much as that they just don't give a [cabbage] anymore.

td2sig.jpg

You know what types of bot I hate the most? Training bots. Bots that steal/train at your training place. Go bot on Rat or some shizzo! Get the fudge off my precious Armored Zombie, lulz!

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

You know what types of bot I hate the most? Training bots. Bots that steal/train at your training place. Go bot on Rat or some shizzo! Get the fudge off my precious Armored Zombie, lulz!

Exactly my thought. I had this wonderful spot to train combat where I actually got 350-400k solid per hour. I think it has something to do with the ROW drop table, anyway I used to be the only one training there but recently it's just packed there :(

So gotta find a better spot, maybe something hard to reach, dunno...