Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bots, bots, bots, and why they make me rage!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

Hakaan
[ Display Name History ]

Hakaan

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 648 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Hakaan
I have a friend I know irl that bots. He quit playing legitly about a year ago when he sold his lvl 100 something account for $100 (which tbh is a lot considering that I have another friend that got fed up with Jagex and bots, and then on top of that got hacked who had a 138 account with decent skills and got $110). So now he bots and gets money on an account and then just sells it. He actually thinks it's funny that in a year of botting multiple accounts he hasn't been caught. If some bot owners are like this where they just don't care about the game anymore and want to make some money off of it I don't think we're ever going to see an end to bots.
Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned
2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)
3. welfare tds and get claws
4. kill glacors til i get boots
5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m
6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5
7. give up the vow to never stake again
8. go back staking and make your bank back
9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1
10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Shay_lfc4_RS
[ Display Name History ]

Shay_lfc4_RS

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RSN:Dj Shay50

Woah, so bots do clues? Crazy.

I doubt bots actually do the clues, just get them for the noobs who cant' be bothered working hard for them.
My link

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
  • RSN:Lose No Hope
  • Clan:DGS

Woah, so bots do clues? Crazy.

I doubt bots actually do the clues, just get them for the noobs who cant' be bothered working hard for them.

People work hard for clues?

Dorian
[ Display Name History ]

Dorian

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Ene789
Never really cared much, RS is way too grindy, I really began to see it as less of a game. The play:work ratio is waaaaaaaay to low. Hence the reason I quit playing video games for the most part, aside from minigames on sites like FunOrb (not anymore though, Jagex is in the toilet). :)

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer
[ Display Name History ]

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RSN:Kata Phract
update in 1 min, come get ya one hour of bot-free fun!
Posted Image
I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Julezss
[ Display Name History ]

Julezss

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RSN:Lady of Hope

So I was checking my Facebook, and I looked over on the side where they have the Ads and this is what I saw.

Posted Image

Are they really that big now? It's pretty shocking to me, anyway.

Wowzers! I would have reported the AD right away to Jagex.
Posted Image

Merre
[ Display Name History ]

Merre

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • Clan:ANTI COE
That's the point here: it doesn't help reporting adds or bots anymore.
I report at least 10 bots a day. The ones I see every day in my homeworld at the same spot. I even monitor a L132 who changes skill every so many weeks after hitting 99.
First it was fishing sharks at Catherby for weeks, now it's powermining iron east of ardougne. I report it every time and so do other people around it.
Yet it's still there. I'll keep reporting but I doubt it actually contributes a thing...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers

I report at least 10 bots a day. The ones I see every day in my homeworld at the same spot. I even monitor a L132 who changes skill every so many weeks after hitting 99.
First it was fishing sharks at Catherby for weeks, now it's powermining iron east of ardougne. I report it every time and so do other people around it.
Yet it's still there. I'll keep reporting but I doubt it actually contributes a thing...

This is something I have noticed sometimes too. The same high-level player (actually bot) who I have reported multiple times still just keeps playing. Jagex really needs to get better at banning bots.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Hakaan
[ Display Name History ]

Hakaan

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 648 posts
  • RSN:Hakaan
I was training crafting at the GE last night and this firemaking bot was using all 4 rows of fm spots there. He was about level 80 something and wearing elite black armor (which I think looks beyond nooby, I can't stand looking at it). He only had 3 ranked skills, 1 of them firemaking so I'm 100% sure he was a bot (also the way he'd move). Me and a few friends made efforts to stop him by making a line of 5 fires or so in all of his spots and he got stuck for a good while, but he was persistent since he was a bot (lol). In the end I gave up and decided not to think about it. I just hated seeing that elite black armor noob botting for some reason...

/rage
Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned
2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)
3. welfare tds and get claws
4. kill glacors til i get boots
5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m
6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5
7. give up the vow to never stake again
8. go back staking and make your bank back
9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1
10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

This is something I have noticed sometimes too. The same high-level player (actually bot) who I have reported multiple times still just keeps playing. Jagex really needs to get better at banning bots.

It isn't that they suck at it (which is undeniable) as much as that they just don't give a [cabbage] anymore.
Posted Image

Dark_Yeng
[ Display Name History ]

Dark_Yeng

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Dark Yeng
  • Clan:Retired
You know what types of bot I hate the most? Training bots. Bots that steal/train at your training place. Go bot on Rat or some shizzo! Get the fudge off my precious Armored Zombie, lulz!
Posted Image
2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).
2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Merre
[ Display Name History ]

Merre

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • Clan:ANTI COE

You know what types of bot I hate the most? Training bots. Bots that steal/train at your training place. Go bot on Rat or some shizzo! Get the fudge off my precious Armored Zombie, lulz!

Exactly my thought. I had this wonderful spot to train combat where I actually got 350-400k solid per hour. I think it has something to do with the ROW drop table, anyway I used to be the only one training there but recently it's just packed there :(
So gotta find a better spot, maybe something hard to reach, dunno...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Normalize
[ Display Name History ]

Normalize

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • RSN:NormaIize
I think it's because these high level bots are guarranteed to cotinue paying for membership that Jagex doesnt take action against them. In all honesty, it makes a great deal of sesnse
Posted Image

I_am_Geed
[ Display Name History ]

I_am_Geed

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,497 posts
  • RSN:Feel
  • RSN2:Doc Roe3
What really pisses me off is their lazy stance towards bots.

A had an irl friend who quit just yesterday because he got that [cabbage] "you have a macroing minor so we halve your exp herp derp"

He never botted, never broke rules, nothing.

The balance of runescape stands on the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fall. what makes it harder is Jagex insists on standing on one foot.
Posted Image

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies

bots wear the ugliest ass outfits, learn to wear drag boots and glorys not accuracy ammys fools
Granite body/drag skirt gives you all away

Skirt because it's cheaper than legs and gives good defence, granite because they haven't done Dragon Slayer, and if a bot is wearing an accuracy ammy then it's just a dumb or unknowing bot owner. Doesn't matter if they're given away anyway, people don't report and Jagex doesn't perma.

Also granite plate because it is stronger than Rune

Lighten
[ Display Name History ]

Lighten

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RSN:Lighten
Bots completely ruined woodcutting. Can't even get a single log before the tree is chopped down.
Posted Image

Andrew_s_2
[ Display Name History ]

Andrew_s_2

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 727 posts
  • RSN:A Spirit God

Bots completely ruined woodcutting. Can't even get a single log before the tree is chopped down.

wc somewhere else?
99 attack-34,104th to 99 attack.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RSN:Nomrombom

wc somewhere else?

For any tree worth cutting for cash (lol) there are bots in every world in every spot.
PM me for fitocracy invite

Andrew_s_2
[ Display Name History ]

Andrew_s_2

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 727 posts
  • RSN:A Spirit God

wc somewhere else?

For any tree worth cutting for cash (lol) there are bots in every world in every spot.

In f2p, yea. But in members, there are a few spots bot free, like llyeta and gnome stronghold.
99 attack-34,104th to 99 attack.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Normalize
[ Display Name History ]

Normalize

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • RSN:NormaIize
Bots, imo, lower prices so I dont really care about them. Ill report them if they get in my way, but otherwise more power to them
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users