What's the first thing you do (did) when you get (got) members?

Skill_Caster

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very first time I bought members I was around level 55. I took myfriend up on an offer for a small tour to catherby and seer's. Then I walked into seer's bank and bought a shark and a magic log and then bugged a level 97 to see his whip in a trade (It was all new to me so every members item was awesome.)

Creator288.png2763.gif

It's hard to say for me. That was way back in the RSC days. I believed the first thing I did (aside from spending hours walking around, getting a feel for the place) was quests. I've always loved quests and did any new ones the first chance I got. After that it'd probably be tried out the new Member's only skills.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Quests. A lot of them. I spent like a week gathering the various items I would need before I bought members, then spent my first 2-3 weeks mainly questing.

I also explored and got lost in the Taverly dungeon so I had to stake a precious mith bar I looted to a guy killing black demons so I could get out.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

Me? I was killing Lesser Demons in Karmaga when I became a member! Teleported to Lum, went to the bank, got some runes and teleported to Falador, then went through the Taverly gate(I even pictured it :thumbsup: ) and crossed the white wolf mountain, a big bad wolf annoyed me so killed it... And yeah, then caught some Lobbies and picked some flax and wandered as west as I could until I found the Tree Gnome Stronghold, trained agility to like 23 or something and then did The Fremennik Trials, Lost City and Priest in Peril! Then went into Canifis and killed a Werewolf and guess what! It dropped a medium clue scroll, did that and got a bad reward and I was tired by then, so I logged-off!

image.png

The first time I got members which was a year ago, I logged into Varrock and told my friend I was member. He got himself and his level 133 friend to show me around Catherby and Seers village. Interesting how that seems to be the first destination for many people in members. I also remember that I logged into Varrock, expressed my amazement about the intensity of members, and a level 132 came up to me and told me to shut up. -_- Second time I got members, which was two weeks ago, everything felt familiar. I wish I could still feel the intense awe and wondered I felt when I first became member. It was like being a noob all over again. :P

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

I bought a dragon halberd and started doing quests and skilling like crazy because I wanted to see the inside of the elf city, which was coming out (I thought) soon. Six years have passed. Still waiting.

qeauxraline.png

"Call now, and I'll replace your old television with a new one that looks just like it, while you sleep!" --Dogbert

It brings back a nostalgic feeling. I like it. Remembering these things, no matter how insignificant they are just brings joy to me. It makes me smile and remember that this game has been a part of my life for so long, and I don't regret it. It brings new passion into my playing and makes me wish I could re-live all those wonderful 'firsts' and special moments spent in the game. I've been around as the game evolved and grew. As old friends left and new friends made their way into my life. I wish I could go back to those days in Seers Village bank where people were using it as a trade hot-spot. Now it's deserted apart from a few people picking Flax or fletching a few bows. The same goes for many other places. Oh nostalgia.

I was in Lumbridge when I brought members, so the first thing I did was get 5 theiving from pickpocketing men, and then 30 theiving in varrock from stealing from the tea stall! Aha, theiving, the old days <3:

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

I quickly sold my stuff and bought a whip and some other gear. Then I home ported and got my first P2P level, thieving on men. Spammed the Taverly gates, went up to Burthorpe and got my first slayer task of 21 bears.

First thing I did was Gertrude's Cat, I really wanted a Cat since it seemed like the most amazing thing in P2P to me :lol: Then I went off and played Castle Wars for a few days and started on the road to 99 Slayer.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I remember it was in December '06 when I decided to get membership.. I had previously been fishing in Karamja. When I updated my account status to members I returned to Draynor... Grabbed some coins and made my way to Karamja...Going through those gates was quite something...A whole new world had opened up entirely. Finding the docks and ending up in Catherby I think? That's where I remember best, anyway. Then going to Catherby to fish with the other members...Seeing someone wearing a set of H.A.M clothing and that's where my friendship with the first member I had interacted with began. We are still good friends, however he is not on so much since joining the Israeli Army two/three years ago. :(

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Towed to the appropriate subforum.

-Necromagus, Tip.It Mod.

Pretty sure I trained farming as the first thing I did since that was the reason I went p2p :P

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png