Player Mods, Ethics, and Dicing

n64jive

So this time, a guy was dicing in a different clan. He was offering 60x2 95x3, which is only a 6% house edge, compared to 18% of the other clan. Well, he payed me out on a 900k bet, and I let everyone around know that he is legit.

This is the results. Both the original host and I were muted.

11avamg.jpg

You need to learn to hide names much better.

WarBlastoise.png

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL it's like some mafia crap.

"Hey, Tony, there's some wise guy dicing on our turf. Whack 'im."

Really though, you should post something in the rs forums. Try to get jagex to do something to get this clan's dirty pmod demodded.

Really though, you should post something in the rs forums. Try to get jagex to do something to get this clan's dirty pmod demodded.

Lol the RSOF. Talk about a joke.

So this time, a guy was dicing in a different clan. He was offering 60x2 95x3, which is only a 6% house edge, compared to 18% of the other clan. Well, he payed me out on a 900k bet, and I let everyone around know that he is legit.

11avamg.jpg

First you need to get your facts right about Mew2's clan. It is 200M and 4 weeks of legit hosting for a RANK. Anyone can host in the cc though, you just won't be ranked until you have proven yourself. The 200M is given back to you, it is just used as test money to bet on you from mule accounts to prove you are trustworthy.

Secondly, I am talking to Pyr0 about how it is dumb that he had you muted. Sorry for this happening and I hope it doesn't ruin the reputation of Mew2 as I am a ranked host in there and don't want the clan I dice with to have their namesake ruined.

If you ever want to join the CC feel free to and host within the clan. There is no rank needed to host (we recommend people play ranks who are trusted, but that is just for their safety).

If this happens again just send me a PM on here and I will talk to Mew2 about Pyr0 abusing power.

peace,

Vann

Mew2 was part of the corruption as far as I'm concerned.

1. The player mod corruption is more of a concern to me than the clan. I've heard good things about the clan, but they are pretty immature when it comes to competition.

2. This guy was giving better odds than most of the people in mew2's clan. I decided to try him to see if he was legit. He rolled a 95 and payed me 2.7m on a 900k bet, and the guy followed with a 96, and payed some guy 1.2m on a 400k bet. Pyr0 loves that he can get people muted with this corrupt mod. More of my concern.

3. I now have 2 mutes in 2 days from this Pyr0 guy. He obviously isn't the mod, but he informed me that he "would get me muted".

4. The injustice of the above action speaks for itself.

5. I appreciate your maturity on the matter, but the damage is done.

w4M8t.png

Hey Everyone,

So today I ran into a rather interesting predicament in runescape. Never before have I ran into what I like to consider administrative corruption, however I had witnessed it before.

I was getting bored of skilling, and decided to try hosting some dice games. I join a friend and we hop a few worlds, offering the services of our dice to all those who wish to partake. After a while, we decide to hop to world 22, as I was told this was another popular dicing world. After advertising our game, it was apparent that this world was "turf" of a popular dicing clan, who I won't advertise. Apparently pissed off, they started spamming to join their cc, as their hosting is legit.

Snidely, I commented that my hosting is legit as well, as I see the benefits of hosting legit dice games(the advantage is already in my favor, and I know I could earn more as a legit dicer than as a scammer). Anyway, after a few moments, my friend is muted. He starts talking to me on his other account, making me aware of the mute.

A member of the other dicing clan then joins my cc and informs me that if I don't leave, he will 'get' me muted as well. I inform him that I haven't committed any runescape offenses, and that I am doing nothing different than he is. He informs me that this is "their" dicing world, and that I had no right being there. I was in the middle of a game with another person, and continue this game. In the middle of this game, the same person rejoins my cc and says something along the lines of:

"Enjoy that mute" "Guys, he is muted. Join "xxxx" cc if you would like to dice". Sure enough, I was muted. I checked my message center to find that I had received a black mark for "item scamming". The evidence was nothing more then me advertising my dice game, as well as my comments on whether the person had one or lost.

The mute was apparently removed from my account before the 48 hr period that was required for it, however the mark remains on my account.

When I log back in about a day later, the leader of the dicing clan had informed me that if I "messed" with them again, he would do worse than mute me. I started playing kind of dumb and asked him how he had managed to get me muted, and he told me he had a JMOD do it. That was obviously crap. I'm sure it was some pmod.

So to sum it all up, I was muted for being competition to this clans dicing game. I found out that you can join this clan, however you must pay the leader of the clan 200m and there is a 4 week trial period. However this apparently offers you protection from being "muted". Sounds like something straight out of "the godfather". Anyway, this is obvious corruption in the community, and I for one think it's pretty ridiculous.

As far as dicing goes, to my knowledge Jagex doesn't consider the act against their rules, however I have heard it is frowned upon. Of course this is all controversial, and you won't receive a straight answer from any Jmod about it. For this reason, I still partake in the activity when I am bored. I wouldn't mind starting my own dicing clan, as there is a sense of community. I still await how the appeal will turn out with my black mark. I'm sure I'll get an automated response, and it will remain on the account for a year.

Anyway, I thought I would share my stories with the community. I know a few pmods peruse this forum. If any would like to either post your response here or pm what you think about the above action, I would enjoy.

-N64jive

Hi "Limp Arch",

I had a good laugh reading your post. Completely based off your options. Half of what you said never happened, the other half you just don't know enough information about to bring up.

"However this apparently offers you protection from being "muted". I had 6 people from my own clan muted along with you and your friend. I called the mod because the auto-typing was getting out of hand, it had NOTHING to do with another clan being in the same spot as us. Also, it was a Jmod's Pmod account who I called in.

From what you have said, it is clear you knew nothing about how we run the clan before you posted this. To become a RANK you must pay the 200m and wait 4 weeks. The 200m is paid so I can compensate someone if the host scams. It is also used to test the host with some bets and x-fers during the 4 weeks.

When you logged in, I told you stay out of our place, you will get muted again. That is true. Almost every person found to be using an auto-typer here is muted that day, you're no different. "He informs me that this is "their" dicing world, and that I had no right being there." Where did that come from? It was never said.

Please don't be spreading any more lies about us behind our backs . Thanks.

- Justin/Mew2

Lol the RSOF. Talk about a joke.

Haha. Seems like the best chance of getting the corrupt pmod demodded. Unless, of course, there's a jmod reading this right now. :rolleyes:

Edit: ...Or there is no corrupt pmod? If OP was using an autotyper, then fail and fail thread. If you really were using one, enjoy your mute. So far it seems a lot of what was said about the clan was false. I really don't know whos bsing here. Doesn't really matter to me either. ;)

There's a lot of he said/she said going on. Need vids/pics as proof. Although with n64 being a TIFer and PYRO's comment, I'm more inclined to side with n64.

11avamg.jpg

First you need to get your facts right about Mew2's clan. It is 200M and 4 weeks of legit hosting for a RANK. Anyone can host in the cc though, you just won't be ranked until you have proven yourself. The 200M is given back to you, it is just used as test money to bet on you from mule accounts to prove you are trustworthy.

Secondly, I am talking to Pyr0 about how it is dumb that he had you muted. Sorry for this happening and I hope it doesn't ruin the reputation of Mew2 as I am a ranked host in there and don't want the clan I dice with to have their namesake ruined.

If you ever want to join the CC feel free to and host within the clan. There is no rank needed to host (we recommend people play ranks who are trusted, but that is just for their safety).

If this happens again just send me a PM on here and I will talk to Mew2 about Pyr0 abusing power.

peace,

Vann

If these action are not typical of mew2's cc, we certainly don't want to vilify the whole clan. If we did that, we would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater making us no better than Jagex when they take action against an account when the only evidence they have is that the person merely hosts the dice game (and any such gambling type game). It is unfortunate, but the activities by people such as PYRO put the mew2 cc in a negative light. It is my hope that the mew2 cc has harsh penalties for people that would use dirty pmod muscle to eliminate the competition.

Hey there, just stopped by to say hello!

We don't serve your kind here.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I am using runescape within firefox. Not even using the SK client. I obviously wasn't auto-typing. To try and say that I was auto-typing is absurd.

And can you explain my second mute then? The guy wasn't even my friend. Just a legitimate hoster. He had some people adverting for him who were likely auto-typing, but I had no part of that. The evidence for my 2nd mute is:

"-so and so- is legitimate. He payed me out 3x"

this was followed by a guy asking if he really pays out 3x

"Yeah, he paid me 3x".

Only evidence in report.

Either way, this is going to turn into a flame war and likely be locked. As far as being behind you're back. I told Pyr0 I would be posting evidence to TIF if his pmod buddy muted me for no reason, to which he replied "Jagex doesn't accept video evidence". I don't think posting this to an open forum is in anyway "behind your back".

Sorry, there is corruption within your clan. You are well aware of it, and allow it.

w4M8t.png

11avamg.jpg

peace,

Vann

If these action are not typical of mew2's cc, we certainly don't want to vilify the whole clan. If we did that, we would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater making us no better than Jagex when they take action against an account when the only evidence they have is that the person merely hosts the dice game (and any such gambling type game). It is unfortunate, but the activities by people such as PYRO put the mew2 cc in a negative light. It is my hope that the mew2 cc has harsh penalties for people that would use dirty pmod muscle to eliminate the competition.

Pry0 did nothing wrong. I was the one who called in a mod, and it was not just their clan who had members muted.

I am using runescape within firefox. Not even using the SK client. I obviously wasn't auto-typing. To try and say that I was auto-typing is absurd.

And can you explain my second mute then? The guy wasn't even my friend. Just a legitimate hoster. He had some people adverting for him who were likely auto-typing, but I had no part of that. The evidence for my 2nd mute is:

"-so and so- is legitimate. He payed me out 3x"

this was followed by a guy asking if he really pays out 3x

"Yeah, he paid me 3x".

Only evidence in report.

Either way, this is going to turn into a flame war and likely be locked. As far as being behind you're back. I told Pyr0 I would be posting evidence to TIF if his pmod buddy muted me for no reason, to which he replied "Jagex doesn't accept video evidence". I don't think posting this to an open forum is in anyway "behind your back".

Sorry, there is corruption within your clan. You are well aware of it, and allow it.

If you were muted a second time, that had nothing to do with us.

You can autotype on any browser or client. Being on firefox means nothing.

The only comment I will add is that he did have two to three people advertising around him, as well as him, all blasting autotypers advertising his friend chat and his "legitimacy". We had been asking people in our own friend chat to keep the autotypers to a higher timer if not off if possible. I even warned them in game to please stop the use of autotypers because a mod was coming, and it's not my fault that they couldn't see through their own spam. Our friends chat Mew2 has been going for months, since free trade honestly, and all of the ranks I've personally seen pay out 1b in a single loss. We aren't scammers, we run a very strict ranking system to insure that anyone wanting to have genuinely fun high stakes gambling can. Yes we make a profit, but if it wasn't fun, we wouldn't do it. Having people like "Limp Arch" come up and poach our betters by breaking Jagex's rules, is not something we're happy with. We did not call the mod and tell him, "oi ban so-and-so, he's pissing me off." We said, "Okay the autotalking is getting out of hand here, do what you wish." The Pmod did what he's supposed to do, he isn't corrupt at all. People from our friend chat got muted as well, but we're here to play the game without breaking rules, not just for profit. We run our friend chat on the motto of: Reputation > Profits. Sorry you were feel as if you were improperly treated, but you were breaking the rules and you deserved the mute, however, I do believe it should have been for "Macroing", not "Item Scamming". I apologize for going into your friend's chat and making it sting worse, but we did actually warn you as well as our own friends chat that a mod was incoming, I only wish more would have listened.

Ok, well you missed the point. The point is that I wasn't....

I wasn't advertising anything in your clan. I've been kicked from that clan chat since yesterday.

Nice try though

And I don't have a clan. So there is nothing for me to advertise. I was merely just hosting on "your turf". And then playing on "your turf" with someone who wasn't associated with your clan.

Again, he said-she said bs.

w4M8t.png

Do it, have the mod mute a bunch more times and they'll get demodded.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Do it, have the mod mute a bunch more times and they'll get demodded.

That is kind of what I was hoping for. The main mission of this statement is that corrupt pmods need to be dealt with by Jagex. I have no problem with mew2's dicing clan on the aspect of paying out, as I believe they are legitimate in their payouts.

w4M8t.png

*facepalm*

I think it was said a while ago that hosting these sorts of games is frowned upon, and can definitely be construed as scamming - despite how honest one's intentions are.

The fact that you were muted sucks, and it really does; you simply didn't know better. I would hope that the PMod gets either a reprimand or demodded; you're not supposed to mute on request. ;)

At any rate, there is no such thing as a legitimate Dice Game, no matter who's hosting it, or whether or not they're a P/FMod. I'd say not to let it bother you too much.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.