Michael

16-May-2011 � Lava Flow Mine

Took me 4 - 5 hours for the full set.

Then it took another 4 - 5 hours to gild my dragon pickaxe.

I then wanted to gild a bronze pickaxe and I got that done not long after the dragon pickaxe:

GildedBronzePickaxeoutfit.png

My gilded bronze pickaxe :wub:

2. A well enough designed bot would have an auto-log in feature.

A lot of bots crash because of new item IDs and can't simply just log back in.

If logging out is so good at pwning bots, why doesn't jagex just make random events log players out.

It's not the fact that they are logged out so much as that there is new code added to the game.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

1. I wish the rerquirements were lower and the King of the Dwarves thing was altered so you already knew about the lava flow mine before starting the quest. That would make more sense.

2. The golden outfit might not be amazing for xp, but DAMN that looks cool!

I'm not an efficienado.

Very nice Spi. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Took me 4 - 5 hours for the full set.

Then it took another 4 - 5 hours to gild my dragon pickaxe.

I then wanted to gild a bronze pickaxe and I got that done not long after the dragon pickaxe:

grats!

I got the full set too in +- 6 hours, now trying to get nymph and see how much xp she gives. Anyone chosen xp yet?

If you're looking for a cc to help in getting the armour: 'flowing lava' in w99!

That is cool!

Even though XP/hr is worse than LRC.

I will take the gold miner set as target.

Adventure starts AT 20/8/2010

Obtained my QuestCape at 4/1/2011

ENJOY Runescaping!!

Kagami_Love.png

Castle Wars said it only took him around 2.5 hours for the full set.

Wonder if that's just crazy luck or if there is some way to increase the chance of getting it.

Probably gets benefits from Jagex for being THE #1 player.

I second this. He's so lucky :blink:

2vuhgcn.png

Castle Wars said it only took him around 2.5 hours for the full set.

Wonder if that's just crazy luck or if there is some way to increase the chance of getting it.

Probably gets benefits from Jagex for being THE #1 player.

I second this. He's so lucky :blink:

Would be a fair return on the Castle Wars time :P

WarBlastoise.png

oh my god i've just spent like 6 hours after getting the top trying to get a golden pick and i was on a french world and the nymph finally appeared and then i chose the wrong option and got mining xp. gf me brb crying myself to sleep

Gave up after nearly 3 mining levels after getting boots :|

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Lava flow mine...

Hmmmmmmmm.

Yeah, that makes me think of a particular monthly cycle that a certain gender has.

Maybe the lava nymph thing is moody and that's why there has been so much reported disparity in the time it takes to get the gold set.

And yes, this is the most insightful comment on this entire thread - by far.

the-graduate-bus.png

Finally got the mining suit + trimmed my pickaxe, after 19.5 grueling hours.

whooooo.

I guess the mining exp was nice. 730k mining exp and 9k ranks. xD

I have an idea.

If you're just there for the armor and don't give two [bleep]s about XP and would rather AFK longer without constantly being stopped from mining every 1k XP, couldn't you just mine 100% pools with a bronze pickaxe? XP should come in about halved and you should earn XP far more slowly with a bronze pickaxe. As far as I know, you are stopped mining after every 1000 XP earned, and you can still get nymphs from any pool even if it's not 50% as long as you're actively mining.

Just a thought.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I have an idea.

If you're just there for the armor and don't give two [bleep]s about XP and would rather AFK longer without constantly being stopped from mining every 1k XP, couldn't you just mine 100% pools with a bronze pickaxe? XP should come in about halved and you should earn XP far more slowly with a bronze pickaxe. As far as I know, you are stopped mining after every 1000 XP earned, and you can still get nymphs from any pool even if it's not 50% as long as you're actively mining.

Just a thought.

Interesting idea, but it's not entirely clear what triggers the chance of the nymph. My guess would be that it's tied to successfully mining, not merely putting time in. That would make it important to mine well. And if you're going to do that, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just take the maximum xp.

Fwiw, I've spent about 6 hours and got the legs so far.

punitivedsig.png

FAQ:

What is the track leading out of the Lava Flow Mine for?

Mod John A: It leads to a little store-room where the dwarf miners keep miscellaneous spare equipment. Nothing particularly interesting or valuable.

Will my Stealing Creation pickaxes stack with the Lava Flow Armour?

Mod John A: Yes, but they add rather than multiply together if that makes sense. So if you would get 100XP and youve got the full gold armour set and the SC pickaxe, youll get 100XP (regular XP) + 2.5XP (for the gold armour) + 100XP (for the SC pickaxe) for a total of 202.5 XP.

Are Mining Urns of any use in the Lava Flow Mine?

Mod John A: No. The urns collect scraps from materials you acquire, and you dont get any materials from the Lava Flow Mine, so the urn doesnt help.

Will you add a feature to combine the Golden Platebody XP boost with the Varrock Armour from tasks? Varrock Armour is better than the platebody, thus making it useless.

Mod Mark: We are currently discussing this.

Why does the Penance Horn not work in the Lava Flow Mine?

Mod John A: Sorry, it was an oversight. Ill add the code to make it work.

Would you consider adding a themed world for the Lava Flow Mine?

Mod Mark: Good idea! We will suggest it to the relevant departments... but most of the worlds have a theme now. Are there any themes which arent needed anymore?

How much of this update goes into the Completionist cape requirements?

Mod John A: Completing the King of the Dwarves quest is obviously part of the Completionist cape requirements. Besides that, nothing in the Lava Flow Mine contributes to the Completionist cape. We considered requiring you to get the golden mining equipment, but the lumberjack gear doesnt count to the cape so we decided to be consistent with that.

Is it true that you can receive uncut Onyx from the Lava Flow Mine?

Mod John A: No. The only gems you can get from the Lava Flow Mine are the same ones you can get from regular mining (sapphire, emerald, ruby and diamond).

Will we receive Strange Rocks from this mine in the future?

Mod John A: Yes, it makes sense that strange rocks would occasionally surface in the lava flow. Well add these soon.

Any plans to make more of these outfits for skills like Fishing and Runecrafting which could come with XP boosts?

Mod John A: No plans at present, but its not impossible.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Good to hear that updates may come. I've been mining for a while now. I only have the boots, but it sure is relaxing to finally have something to afk mining when I am below LRC.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

FAQ:

What is the track leading out of the Lava Flow Mine for?

Mod John A: It leads to a little store-room where the dwarf miners keep miscellaneous spare equipment. Nothing particularly interesting or valuable.

Will my Stealing Creation pickaxes stack with the Lava Flow Armour?

Mod John A: Yes, but they add rather than multiply together if that makes sense. So if you would get 100XP and youve got the full gold armour set and the SC pickaxe, youll get 100XP (regular XP) + 2.5XP (for the gold armour) + 100XP (for the SC pickaxe) for a total of 202.5 XP.

Are Mining Urns of any use in the Lava Flow Mine?

Mod John A: No. The urns collect scraps from materials you acquire, and you dont get any materials from the Lava Flow Mine, so the urn doesnt help.

Will you add a feature to combine the Golden Platebody XP boost with the Varrock Armour from tasks? Varrock Armour is better than the platebody, thus making it useless.

Mod Mark: We are currently discussing this.

Why does the Penance Horn not work in the Lava Flow Mine?

Mod John A: Sorry, it was an oversight. Ill add the code to make it work.

Would you consider adding a themed world for the Lava Flow Mine?

Mod Mark: Good idea! We will suggest it to the relevant departments... but most of the worlds have a theme now. Are there any themes which arent needed anymore?

How much of this update goes into the Completionist cape requirements?

Mod John A: Completing the King of the Dwarves quest is obviously part of the Completionist cape requirements. Besides that, nothing in the Lava Flow Mine contributes to the Completionist cape. We considered requiring you to get the golden mining equipment, but the lumberjack gear doesnt count to the cape so we decided to be consistent with that.

Is it true that you can receive uncut Onyx from the Lava Flow Mine?

Mod John A: No. The only gems you can get from the Lava Flow Mine are the same ones you can get from regular mining (sapphire, emerald, ruby and diamond).

Will we receive Strange Rocks from this mine in the future?

Mod John A: Yes, it makes sense that strange rocks would occasionally surface in the lava flow. Well add these soon.

Any plans to make more of these outfits for skills like Fishing and Runecrafting which could come with XP boosts?

Mod John A: No plans at present, but its not impossible.

Seems like a lot of sense in this. Hope they come through with it

Wonder if the Lava Flow Mine would be good for XP when they make those changes.

SWAG

Finally got the mining suit + trimmed my pickaxe, after 19.5 grueling hours.

whooooo.

I guess the mining exp was nice. 730k mining exp and 9k ranks. xD

Well, I came close to your figures. 700k exp and 18-19 hours later approximately, I have the full suit and the gilded dragon pickaxe. Had seen Castle Wars pic earlier in this thread and it was annoying me... especially becuase of the odd intervals I got the pieces:

- first 3 pieces within first 50 minutes

- 11 hour straight nothing :blink: before I got the trousers

- then 4 hours till the top and finally another 3 hours till the gilded pickaxe :angry:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Finally got the full suit (minus pickaxe). Received gloves and boots within first 30 minutes. Got helmet about an hour and a half later. Then I mined for another two hours. Nothing. So I went to bed and then woke up to do stuff in real life and then finally sat down to play Runescape at 5PM. About an hour or so in, I got the trousers. At around 8PM, I got the torso. About 7 hours for full set, and people say I'm lucky.

For some reason I think the suit doesn't look that great on a female character. <_< Guess I'll enjoy my suit for a couple days then take it off and wear my sunbeam crown + 3rd age necklace + default blouse and skirt with belt setup before I get bored and don't log into the game again except to do my MTK every 2 weeks.

SWAG

For some reason I think the suit doesn't look that great on a female character. <_<

Can you post a pic? So far all we've seen is male characters wearing it.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

For some reason I think the suit doesn't look that great on a female character. <_<

itemgildedmining.png

posted on page 3

4e0Vn.png

Oops. My bad. I thought something looked off with that one, but didn't realize it was a girl. :oops:

4W72p.jpg

The armor has a lot of detail, which becomes harder to see on a female character. Armor still looks okay, but you can tell that it's more designed for males.

SWAG