Europa Universalis 3 Session Thread

Nero

They used to be the most honest devs...Now they are just as money grubbing as all the others.

Introducing buyable expansions that are actually patches in the worst case, mods in the best.

And making it neigh impossible for people to make semi-decent mods, or play a game for more than a few months without releasing some new game of a similar type but just different enough to require people to buy it....

Normally time era change...And yet they won't spend half a month building a working converter to change between games...Wouldn't suprise me that five years from now, when they have milked the franchise dry, they release the EU Total Experiance, allowing you to play from the prehistoric era, in some sort of race generator scenario thing, right into the future, using their Supreme Ruler 2020 as a baseline.

Yes, they make a good game...But they aren't the people they started as.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know how to obtain Divine Wind from...other sources?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Sorry I missed out this session guys, I was asleep. Anyone care to fill me in?

(I didn't actually think the session was today, I thought it was Tuesdays and Thursdays)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Basically...it was just me and Dusty (JUST, dream team more like!).

Carrying on the Morroco-Castile-Algeria-Ottoman's game.

Everything went well up till Brugandy's invasion of Algeria...Now one of the most powerful nations in Europe has a large chunk of territory in Africa.

So Dusty is preparing for war with Britian...the obvious solution :thumbsup:

Oh okay

For the sake of not missing anymore sessions can we list the days when we're going to have sessions? Cause I was previously planning a Cursed Planet session anyway.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

That's changed :S

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Argh, decided to play as France (Mainly cause they seemed fun to play, and I read on the paradox forum somewhere they can get difficult)

WELL anyway! I got the italian ambition mission, and annexed Savoy, which then lead to a bunch of other italian missions leading to me having to fight Milan, not too hard, they had a 14K stack and I have 7 10K stacks.

Obviously I expected the emperor (at this time Austria, but ONLY BECAUSE I GOD DAMN HELPED THEM A TON, AND THEN THEY BETRAY ME DURING MY WAR WITH BURGUNDY.) to join in because I only just recently got the event for retaking Liguira, which I guess they didn't really act upon cause they had a regency (which still confuses me how they were emperor). Anywho I seriously SERIOUSLY didn't think Austria would have well over 100K troops.

Especially when I was seiging Lombardia and I look away, and then I see on the side bar 10,000 V 46,000 and I'm like wat, so I check it out and there's a a bunch of austiran's on my poor little 10K, also apparently, Austria had an amazing supply limit, because 45K troops (after I retreated and they kept it on the same province for a while) regained all it's troops and didn't seem to be taking any attrition, when I would assume they should all be taking 10% which would be 4600 troops to replenish a month

So yeah, after the first 45K arrived, more Austrian's just kept pouring in, it was not pretty.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

In the Morrocco Game...

Two timelines developed around 1560:

1) I moved my capital to Safi to form a merchant republic...which was totally stupid since there was no one, other than Napels (Which has 1 province) wanted to EVEN give me trade rights.

So I gave up on that game.

2) I focused all my efforts on exploring the new world, found Creek, invaded, annexed their country, and carried on colonising South America.

Europe has lost both of its trade leagues(Austria has Venice and Hansa became an Administrative Monarchy), Austria is growing as a chain of provinces. Castille is still my ally(after I freed it from tyrannical Spain)

Great Britain has the majority of South Westen France...

My trade center is worth almost 1,000 thanks to my American Empire. :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be up for it sooner or later if anyone else is. I've been getting back into the groove of things as milan, and then I find out exactly how [bleep]ing irritating austria can be. They get a new leader, cancel our alliance and then invade with backup from poland and bohemia. Surprisingly I was able to get a white peace with aid from venice, croatia and a [cabbage] tonne of mercs (level 6 colonel don't fail me now) as well as a surprisingly high military tradition from conquering most of Italy.

EDIT: [cabbage], confused the dates. disregard this post.

LNYvk.png