Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bathing

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

i_love_burritos
[ Display Name History ]

i_love_burritos

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,668 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I haven't shaved for a week, got a pretty filth stache' sideburn combo that I don't really like.

Bathing ? Yeah, everyday.

-

Zierro, that's disgusting. How many days has it been ?

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mirrorforced
I like to shower once a day in the morning. I skip every so often just because I wake up late. I have super greasy hair but I have heard the notion that if you don't shampoo your hair for a while it turns out great, but I'd rather not take that path at all :P
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

Jeffwilson99
[ Display Name History ]

Jeffwilson99

Sheep love astroturf kiwi fruit sandwiches egg noodles rabbits

• Members
  • 4,232 posts
I pretty much shower every day, sometimes twice if I have work or sport. I don't really mind skipping a shower day, I don't think it makes too much difference after just one day. Like Lent, I only wash my hair maybe once a week, probably less actually. If I wash my hair to much it gets really dry and, uh boofy. It stays pretty clean, it's not like it's greasy or anything...

I can understand some people like Jimmy bathing twice a day, if you live somewhere like Brisbane then you're bound to get sweaty as [bleep] every day. But where I live that isn't a problem.
Posted Image

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

I haven't shaved for a week, got a pretty filth stache' sideburn combo that I don't really like.

Bathing ? Yeah, everyday.

-

Zierro, that's disgusting. How many days has it been ?

Well, I just took one today. Before that, I don't remember.

Now don't get me wrong, there are times when I can enjoy taking a rinse-off and watching the water by my feet turn dark as I embrace this symbolic achievement of will. It feels good knowing I get to start again, fresh. Only one thought enters my mind after all this. How will it smell this time?

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
I often have days where I don't take a shower (don't have a bath at where I'm living this year), but never twice in a row. I just feel weird and clammy if I do.

As for hair washing, I always put shampoo on and rinse every time I have a shower, but never brush it. It's short, mostly straight, brown and boring, and it sorts itself out. Never looks any different after about half an hour even if I do brush it.

That said, my room smells like a proper man-cave. I love it.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
At least once every two days, preferably every day, and always once a day for hair.

Anything less and I just feel... Horrible.

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,015 posts
For other mentioned things, I alternate for washing hair, one day done, one day not. I used to do less, but the levels of dandruff get way too nasty, hell, they're pretty high even on this system.

I haven't had a bath for years, too cramped nowadays, and what the hell can you do sitting in water for ages? It gets nasty and is just boring, anyway.

#KERR2016/17/18/19.

#rpgformod

lizzywizzy
[ Display Name History ]

lizzywizzy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • RSN:lizzy_wizzy
I try to bath every day, unless the baby is being super cranky and crying all the time, then I end up skipping a day.

I bath most days, but wash my hair every 2-3 days as its not good for your hair to shampoo every day.

I suppose its up to the kid if he washes or not, but if its during the summer then he is going to smell proper rank!
Your hair will slowly cleanse itself but the rest of the body will smell and just be gross :-/

doomy
[ Display Name History ]

doomy

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,679 posts
I shower every 2 days mostly :s
Unless I do exercise or something (rofl how often is that) then I'll shower afterwards.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Jaffy1
[ Display Name History ]

Jaffy1

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 3,556 posts
  • RSN:Ms Julie

People really don't need to shower as much as they do, or use as much soap or shampoo. I'll wash my hair with shampoo once a week, usually take a shower every day, but I only use soap on parts of me that actually get dirty. It removes a layer of your skin that you want to have. The horny layer. I'm serious.

I agree that twice a day is over-doing it, but washing your hair once a week is disgusting... Maybe it works for guys that barely have hair on their heads, but I have long hair (yes, us females do exist on the internet) and skipping more than a day to wash it makes it meh.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image Tip.It Website Crew Leader
Quotes

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
Bathing is a terrible way to wash oneself. You're pretty much 'cleaning' yourself with sweat saturated, unclean lukewarm water. It's difficult to rinse yourself, and it's especially bad for girls due to reasons I am unable to specify on G rated forums.

Baths are also extremely time consuming, for both 'washing' and waiting for the bath to fill up, which is terrible for the environment from the excessive water use.

Therefore, I wouldn't recommend bathing to anyone.

More ontopic: Not bathing/showering is terrible for the body, so I wouldn't recommend it at all

lizzywizzy
[ Display Name History ]

lizzywizzy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • RSN:lizzy_wizzy
Jaffy, depending on your hair type, washing it every day can make it worse. I have quite dry and frizzy hair and washing it every day makes it worse no matter what shampoo i use.

Jaffy1
[ Display Name History ]

Jaffy1

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 3,556 posts

Jaffy, depending on your hair type, washing it every day can make it worse. I have quite dry and frizzy hair and washing it every day makes it worse no matter what shampoo i use.

Once every two days can't do much harm. Otherwise, try baby shampoo. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Quotes

Hobgoblinpie
[ Display Name History ]

Hobgoblinpie

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,824 posts
  • RSN:Mansion
Due to my hair issue (regreases itself after 18 hours, like noticeably) I am going to have to go one weekend without washing my hair (possibly longer) so that my body gets used to produces less oils in my hair.

Aside from this, I shower every day in the morning. If I've been exercising/sweating during the day, then I'll wash again before I go to bed.

Jaffy1
[ Display Name History ]

Jaffy1

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 3,556 posts

Due to my hair issue (regreases itself after 18 hours, like noticeably) I am going to have to go one weekend without washing my hair (possibly longer) so that my body gets used to produces less oils in my hair.

Aside from this, I shower every day in the morning. If I've been exercising/sweating during the day, then I'll wash again before I go to bed.

Problem is that if you let your hair get wet every day, it will keep greasing up. xD
Posted Image
Posted Image

Quotes

jimmy_jim
[ Display Name History ]

jimmy_jim

"Fly me to Muse"

• Members
  • 4,784 posts

I can understand some people like Jimmy bathing twice a day, if you live somewhere like Brisbane then you're bound to get sweaty as [bleep] every day. But where I live that isn't a problem.

Well, it's winter here at the moment so you don't walk outside and start perspiring anymore (yay). But I still shower twice a day, in the morning always, then I do exercise 6/7 evenings a week which results in a shower afterwards

I shower every 2 days mostly :s
Unless I do exercise or something (rofl how often is that) then I'll shower afterwards.

Go exercise, sheep shearing or something

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

Jeffwilson99
[ Display Name History ]

Jeffwilson99

• Members
  • 4,232 posts

Well, it's winter here at the moment so you don't walk outside and start perspiring anymore (yay). But I still shower twice a day, in the morning always, then I do exercise 6/7 evenings a week which results in a shower afterwards

6/7 seven days a week? Surely you don't need to satisfy yourself that many times a week? Give it a rest every now and then!
Posted Image

jimmy_jim
[ Display Name History ]

jimmy_jim

"Fly me to Muse"

• Members
  • 4,784 posts
Only if you learn to quote :P

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

Jeffwilson99
[ Display Name History ]

Jeffwilson99

• Members
  • 4,232 posts
Curses
Posted Image

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • RSN:Stack
  • RSN2:sohkmj1
I shower once per day. Any more is ridiculous, any less to disgusting for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users