Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bathing

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I rarely skip a day of bathing. Even if I spend almost the whole day out. My hair tends to saturate itself with oily compounds and it gets
very disgusting. My body will also start to smell from the accumulated bacteria whenever I forget to use body wash....

Bathing is pretty damn important if you don't want people to think you've got back from a round trip to a stable.

Sam
[ Display Name History ]

Sam

we are the music makers

• Members
  • 9,508 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
That's disgusting.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

fastortoise
[ Display Name History ]

fastortoise

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,141 posts
I don't smell so it's not a big deal for me, but I do shower every morning as routine. And another bachelor shower if I'm planning on doing the midnight dance, out of courtesy.
Posted Image

Lenin64
[ Display Name History ]

Lenin64

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,249 posts
I had a pretty good shower schedule during the school year. Sleep in Monday, wake up when my roomate gets back from PT, then shower Tuesday and after PT Wednesday, sleep in Thursday then shower Friday. Sometime skip Saturday, always shower Sunday. Almost an every other day thing, but not really. Now for summer it's usually every other day unless I work out or something.
Posted Image
Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
Posted Image

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel
I remember getting so much crap from people ages ago over this topic XD I don't shower every day, I do it every three days. I don't engage in physical activities, I don't need to obsessively clean myself. My hair has been much nicer for it since it's often awkward the day after a shower because I shower at night and if it's a little damp when I go to bed it seems to really go off on one in the night and refuses to budge in the mornings :P I'll shower the night before if I'm doing anything special the next day, too.

We simply DON'T need to shower every single day, I honestly don't buy into the whole 'shower twice a day' thing.

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

I remember getting so much crap from people ages ago over this topic XD I don't shower every day, I do it every three days. I don't engage in physical activities, I don't need to obsessively clean myself. My hair has been much nicer for it since it's often awkward the day after a shower because I shower at night and if it's a little damp when I go to bed it seems to really go off on one in the night and refuses to budge in the mornings :P I'll shower the night before if I'm doing anything special the next day, too.

We simply DON'T need to shower every single day, I honestly don't buy into the whole 'shower twice a day' thing.

Dont bring it up again, they hated us for months for not showering every day.

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
I always shower and wash my hair in the morning before work. If I'm going out at night I'll normally do the same again, particularly if I've been working or doing excercise during the day.
I used to be a bath person when I was a kid but I much prefer showers now, can't come out from a bath feeling clean anymore.

As for shaving, I'll shave every so often when it starts to look scruffy but I usually always have some kind of stubble.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RSN:Nomrombom
I usually shower every other day and sometimes not on the weekends. I don't really go out much forever alone but honestly, showering daily isn't good for your skin. I'll put on deodorant every day though and ofc change clothes. Really don't get the whole shower every day/twice a day thing. Too obsessive and time wasting for me.
PM me for fitocracy invite

Oathkeeper
[ Display Name History ]

Oathkeeper

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Anonymous184
Personally I shower every morning (showing at night can't sleep cause hair is too wet [don't get me started on hairdryers]), shave wednesday and sunday nights, and wash hair (shampoo only) essentially every time I go in the shower. However if I'm not going out I'll reduce that to once every two days or even however often my hair feels bad to the touch.

I can't fathom people who take more than on shower a day, even with exercise...
Posted Image

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests
I shower after gym class + at night. I only use shampoo when I shower at night, though, not after gym.

I think not showering every day is acceptable, unless you're physically active, or just a sweaty person.

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Lose No Hope
  • Clan:DGS

I can't fathom people who take more than on shower a day, even with exercise...

Have you gone out somewhere after a hard game, drenched in sweat? Deodorant just doesn't cover for that.

das1330
[ Display Name History ]

das1330

Awesome

• Members
  • 2,239 posts
Generally I exercise and shower once a day during the school year as it's fairly cold outside and I don't need more then once daily. During the summer however twice per day is the norm, as I generally golf in the morning then head to the lab/art classes in the afternoon.

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests
I just got out of a 40 minute shower. I'm sick though, and I find long showers often make me feel a bit better when I am sick. It worked. :thumbup:

i_love_burritos
[ Display Name History ]

i_love_burritos

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,668 posts
40 minute shower ?

Jesus [bleep]ing christ, what's wrong with you ?

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel

40 minute shower ?

He's sick, just said so :P

I guess it's like how a nice hot bath can be relaxing too, especially when you're ill. If I'm full of a cold I often don't want to go in the shower but it's usually something that can make a difference to how you feel :)

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

TrueBeaver
[ Display Name History ]

TrueBeaver

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • RSN:TrueBeaver
  • Clan:Red Blade Hunters
I shower once a day usually. I live in a hot and humid state (Florida) so sometimes I shower two or even three times a day. And they're almost always cold showers:

http://artofmanlines...h-and-vitality/

A cold shower:
  • Improves circulation.
  • Relieves depression.
  • Keeps skin and hair healthy.
  • Strengthens immunity.
  • Increases testosterone.
  • Increases fertility.
  • Increases energy and well-being.

Plus is a great way to wake up.
"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell
"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

Posted Image

#1 Warring 90+ Clan. Awesome Community. Click to join.
Posted Image

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.
That's extremely disgusting.

40 minute shower ?

Long showers are actually fairly relaxing. I've never had a 40 minute shower, though. :\ Quite common for me to bathe for over an hour if I want to relax.
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts

I just got out of a 40 minute shower. I'm sick though, and I find long showers often make me feel a bit better when I am sick. It worked. :thumbup:

Good man, thats what I do when I'm ill as well. Always makes me feel a bit better.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

silver_wits
[ Display Name History ]

silver_wits

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • RSN:Silver Wits
  • Clan:the runescapions.
My eldest sister has said to me that I have to make sure that my future husband showers twice a day.

Personally I wouldn;t mind if he showered once a day. :mellow: but I guess I'm just nasty like that.

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films
Okay, hold on. If you shower twice a day assuming you did not do exercise or get dirty (which you would shower immediately afterwards), when do you do it? Morning and night? Morning and afternoon?
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users