Dungeoneering Monsters

Playerxx11

tbh you can jsut leave it on slash from pretty much everything aside from forgotten warriors (the higher level ones) and a few undead ones (i forget quite which though)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

tbh you can jsut leave it on slash from pretty much everything aside from forgotten warriors (the higher level ones) and a few undead ones (i forget quite which though)

Ok thank you.

No, this is wrong. There are plenty of crush-weak monsters. You should see if you can find a database of dg monsters and their weaknesses. I would list them myself, but it'd be a loooooong list.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

90% of the time you give bad Dungeoneering advice, I don't even know why you bother.

Well its advice I've seen repeated elsewhere many times, including these forums, and from personal experience it had worked just fine so far.

But please if it so wrong please do post better advice.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ok thank you.

No, this is wrong. There are plenty of crush-weak monsters. You should see if you can find a database of dg monsters and their weaknesses. I would list them myself, but it'd be a loooooong list.

Found something on wikipedia containin all dung monsters and what they're weak to.

Thanks for the help.

Ignore sy, he clearly has no idea what he is talking about.

Crush should be used on:

Forgotten warriors(plate)(only if you don't have mage)

Hellhounds

Fire giants

All skeletons

Earth warriors

Reborn mages

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

For other people's sake who may search this I believe this is the list he found:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeoneering/Monsters

And skimming through it I don't see how my advice was that bad; undead do take fair slice of the crush weaknesses.

But yeah deffo seems more than I was aware of benefit from crush attack use, particularly in the higher floors.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

For other people's sake who may search this I believe this is the list he found:

And skimming through it I don't see how my advice was that bad; undead do take fair slice of the crush weaknesses.

But yeah deffo seems more than I was aware of benefit from crush attack use, particularly in the higher floors.

Perhaps in the context of the average scaper, your advice is good.

But DGS is here, so your advice is not in this context.

Naaxi.png

Perhaps in the context of the average scaper, your advice is good.

But DGS is here, so your advice is not in this context.

Yeah I'm not saying it was the best advice ever and totally expected others to probably have better answers.

Just don't think its fair to slam my advice entirely given it is true forgotten worries and undead do make up a fair portion of the list.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I appreciate users giving more detailed advice in their responses but since one person already pointed out the flaws in Sy_Accursed's advice and presented better alternatives, there's no need to continue about it. (EDITED: poor choice of words, I'm asking both parties to stop, not just one :P)

If you see this poor advice continually presented though, please report it so we can look into it and contact the user in question. :)

hzvjpwS.gif

Yeah I'm not saying it was the best advice ever and totally expected others to probably have better answers.

Just don't think its fair to slam my advice entirely given it is true forgotten worries and undead do make up a fair portion of the list.

Undeads aren't weak to crush, that advice is confusing at best.

As for forgotten warriors, those should be crushed at last resort, so if there are any people with a csb, they shouldn't be crushed.

So yeah, basically, your advice was very much terrible...

I appreciate users giving more detailed advice in their responses but since one person already pointed out the flaws in Sy_Accursed's advice and presented better alternatives, there's no need to continue about it. (EDITED: poor choice of words, I'm asking both parties to stop, not just one :P)

If you see this poor advice continually presented though, please report it so we can look into it and contact the user in question. :)

Let's put it this way- I have never seen Sy answer a dungeoneering question in a way that isn't either bad/incomplete or plain wrong. Ever. He has no experience with the skill and yet insists on posting whatever misguided idea pops into his head rather than admitting that he doesn't know what he's talking about and letting other people take the question.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

As for forgotten warriors, those should be crushed at last resort, so if there are any people with a csb, they shouldn't be crushed.

He asked which to crush and slash.

Of the choices its better to crush forgotten warriors.

Also sticking with assuming only crush/slash as options:

Ghosts

Skeletons

Crawling Hands

Spiritual Guardians

Are all undead where crush is better.

Only zombies and Nechs are better to slash (going from tht wiki list).

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Let's put it this way- I have never seen Sy answer a dungeoneering question in a way that isn't either bad/incomplete or plain wrong. Ever. He has no experience with the skill and yet insists on posting whatever misguided idea pops into his head rather than admitting that he doesn't know what he's talking about and letting other people take the question.

Well, I'll look into this then. But please in the future PM it to a moderator. Increasingly aggressive posting habits are understandable if you feel a problem has been left unchecked, but it puts you equally at risk for getting in trouble.

For the sake of the TC let's try to get back on topic; I'll be happy to discuss any further grievances via pm.

hzvjpwS.gif

He asked which to crush and slash.

Of the choices its better to crush forgotten warriors.

Also sticking with assuming only crush/slash as options:

Ghosts

Skeletons

Crawling Hands

Spiritual Guardians

Are all undead where crush is better.

Only zombies and Nechs are better to slash (going from tht wiki list).

Why do you even try....? Ghosts are slash, crawling hands and spiritual guardians don't have enough defense, so slash is better for them. The only undeads that are really crush weak are skeletons. Mentioning them just as undeads is no advice at all.

Using rswiki as your source really isn't good enough.

If the rswiki source isn't good enough why have you all happily let the op trot off using it as his guide rather than pointing him to a better one?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

When someone asks for some in depth DG advice... will those who are NOT keyers or wingmen in DGS please leave?

I'm not excluding myself. I would probally have given the same advice as Sy, but leave the DG questions to DGS

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Xpx, I'm pretty sure ghosts are crush, especially with a battleaxe. I think the confusion here is that as soon as a ghost becomes high level enough to be worth crushing with 2h, it also becomes better to mage, but they're definitely still crush-weak.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

If the rswiki source isn't good enough why have you all happily let the op trot off using it as his guide rather than pointing him to a better one?

I honestly have no idea why anyone would post a link to rswiki on this subject. It's a terrible idea.

And as for the second part, i already told him all the monsters he should crush, so there is realistically no need for any other guidance. Although TEF is working on a proper dungeoneering guide, right now, there is none, so unfortunately for you, you have to work for the knowledge instead of trying to sell subpar knowledge as fact.

Xpx, I'm pretty sure ghosts are crush, especially with a battleaxe. I think the confusion here is that as soon as a ghost becomes high level enough to be worth crushing with 2h, it also becomes better to mage, but they're definitely still crush-weak.

For 2h use, ghost room ghosts are definitely not weak to either, but the best style is better to use. For normal 169 and 199 ghosts, again, they have high def against both, but because you have so much more slash attack, slash will be the better option. So far, my data suggests that baxe without any bonuses is 60% accurate on 199 ghosts.

I only posted the rswiki link as reference of what the op had already said he had found and was using.

I googled it after someone mentioned there were databases and happened upon it shortly after the op said he was using it.

Only other one I found is this one:

http://www.runeslayer.com/skills/dungeoneering/monsters/index.php

Seems pretty good based on what other's have said, missing warped monsters though and the slayer ones all say unknown.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

^ In this case, it is wise to leave the question to DGS keyers/wingmen, but just because we aren't those people doesn't mean we can't post advice on another aspect of Dungeoneering.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Seems pretty good based on what other's have said, missing warped monsters though and the slayer ones all say unknown.

The problem with that list is that it doesn't only include those two attack styles and doesn't account for defense level. I also find many monsters inaccurate on that list(forgotten mage and stab, really? lol).