Richest RSCer?

stevenxu1

It's really hard to say exactly, but as noted above: Chewy Shoe, Duke Freedom, & especially Gasheart were all particularly loaded with cash & rares.

As far as who I think had the absolute most at one time... even though he was banned shortly after, Diablorl was absolutely stacked. He was one of the main beneficiaries from the 'duping' way back when... and being that I was in RSD with him at the time... it was insane to see his bank pics. Before the duping became 'too' public, he all of a sudden started selling party-hats for at least half of their market price in the RSD trading forums.... in which many of us RSD members took advantage and stocked up. :P Unfortunately, after the duping became public & bans were sorted out, many of those duped hats/items were removed; I recall having a blue, pink, white, & green AT LEAST... and after JaGex 'tried' to clean up the mess... I was left with only my blue & pink, I think... it's been quite some time obviously. Either way I profitted, but yea, he had to be one of the richest players, in RSC, at a certain point... as well as the other players involved in the duping (& I'm sure some of their mules survived, but who knows).

• 2 weeks later...

i'd say in the older days it was either McTavish or Godly. keep in mind, that was the older days.

fent - who were you in rsc? i was in rsd for a long time! diablorl was a great friend turned enemy turned friend again. he was a very smart kid. made me rich myself lol. damn, miss the good old days.

• 3 months later...

I think in chonological order my list would look something like this starting at the beginning.

Also it's really hard to determine riches from the earliest stages of RS since one could get just as rich, if not richer from pking instead of skilling, since there were no item banks and lots of people were too lazy or didnt have the time to deposit money.

1. Twy and/or Dmonik because gp was rare and they had good gathering stats, being top miners Dmonik being top smith. Darkarcher8 because he was a great early pker.

2. Bluerose13x for obvious reasons.

3. McTavish

4. Chewy Shoe.

5. Duke Freedom.

What about Reptile7363?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

i'd say in the older days it was either McTavish or Godly. keep in mind, that was the older days.

fent - who were you in rsc? i was in rsd for a long time! diablorl was a great friend turned enemy turned friend again. he was a very smart kid. made me rich myself lol. damn, miss the good old days.

Haha, reading through this topic I was wondering who tha hell else uses the name "FENTANYL,"; in other words, that was me 1 night being too lazy to reset my pw & just made a new forum account to post randomly. :P

But yeah, Diablorl wasn't really a friend of mine, just another clanmate; though I definitely had him added since he was the cheap p-hat supplier at that time, haha. I do remember hunting him down @ pirates w/ some other RSD'rs after it got out that he was part of the duping-dealio though, and that was likely tha last I ever heard/saw of him, on that char anyway.

• 5 months later...

Reading threads like this bring a metaphorical tear to my eye. You try and "talk" about the glory days to the kids who play RS2 and you just get called a pedo and other obscenities.

proud owner of bunny ears and scythe (rsc fo lyf)

muska007.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

How much did Bluerose have? Obviously if he was the sole provider of rune, he would be rich...

Monopolies are great fun, she could have exploited it for much more than she did.

clansig7.gif

• 2 weeks later...

How much did Bluerose have? Obviously if he was the sole provider of rune, he would be rich...

Monopolies are great fun, she could have exploited it for much more than she did.

Indeed. Then again, it was rather cool that she kept the 2h-availability restricted for as long as possible.

Rumours go Twarhurst paid 32 million for one... As one of blue's friend circle caved for the geepees.

Vmser.png

• 2 years later...

Bluerose definitely. Duke Freedom also at some point, but that was for a small period only, as far as I remember..

Not really sure how free smithing could make one so incredibly rich :P

Bluerose didn't freesmith. For example, a rune square would cost something like two rune bars and 2000 nature runes (around 1m gp at the time). Rune 2h's were limited to a select group of friends.  Given it was the only way to acquire them, price could be set as desired. Only later on, shortly before others hit 99 smithing, the r2h market was opened up. Also, remember influx of rune ores was very limited at first (rune bars were VERY pricy - think 100k/rune bar)

Now as for the freesmithing part: this is where Zezima comes in. The deal was: fund me supplies for 99 smith and i'll freesmith those rune items in return (well, bars for items that is). Once that happened, the price on several rune items took a nosedive.

That fall happened in steps: As Gormis (or was it Arris? or both?) and Krest and later Amazonia and Iampenguin got up to the needed levels, they tried to cash in aswell, which gave a significant influx of gear into the market, and prices dropped.. but never below their own asking prices, as it was still a very limited market.

When it was possible to have rune bars turned into kiteshields, twohanders, .. for free by a 'freesmither', that created not only a significant but a massive influx of items, as the standing top smiths wanted to cash in while it lasted themselves.

Knowing Bluerose13x definately wasn't a freesmither (and didn't acquire wealth from freesmithing), is there an option to make money from it? Well, I guess, to a certain extent, Zezima was the first donation-funded skiller in those stages. The donations (even after 99 smith) probably made up for a good bit of money :)

Vmser.png

• 4 months later...

Ah, donations is what got Bluerose13x up to 99 smithy.

My info is a little messed up, I was 12 years old when Zezima was donation smithing too :huh:

• 1 year later...