Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

• Please log in to reply
547 replies to this topic

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Wtf....

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

Wtf....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hard to get up from the chair when you haven't sat down in the first place :rolleyes:

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
So you all know about Equestria daily right? It's a good hub site of information about the show, fanfics, community, and fan art. I personally have a big list of fanfics to read. What about you all? (I still feel weird saying i'm reading My little pony fanfiction.)

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

(I still feel weird saying i'm reading My little pony fanfiction.)

Good.

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

So you all know about Equestria daily right? It's a good hub site of information about the show, fanfics, community, and fan art. I personally have a big list of fanfics to read. What about you all? (I still feel weird saying i'm reading My little pony fanfiction.)

Not really big on fanfics, unless you count Cupcakes, but let's not go there. Mostly I just follow people on tumblr/dA that post fan art and I get community news through them.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies
The only fanfic I read got updated last month after like 3 months....

Notice the reason for the delayed update.

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
There are a lot of really good fanfics. There are also crappy ones. A world without rainbows is the best one i've read, though I haven't read that many. Cupcakes is pretty infamous in the fandom, most people know it.

(I still feel weird saying i'm reading My little pony fanfiction.)

Good.

You're no fun. You just havent discovered the joy of ponies yet. It took me awhile before I started reading fanfics at all. I didn't read cupcakes until after party of one came out.

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Emp Midget
  • Clan:Reddit
I thought I'd pop in here and let everyone know I love Pinkie Pie and Apple Bloom.

My Apple Bloom facebook/Steam picture trolls the [bleep] out of most of my friends except thoose who either don't care about anything, just assume everything I do is trolling, or like the show too.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RSN:Demoliboy2

Wtf....

Posted Image

Does anyone actually like Rarity?

She is umpossible to like, I mean, just look at her:

Posted Image

No one can like that smug face.

Surprise
[ Display Name History ]

Surprise

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 858 posts

Wtf....

Posted Image

Does anyone actually like Rarity?

She is umpossible to like, I mean, just look at her:

Posted Image

No one can like that smug face.

Just thought I would remind you that that is a pony, not a human. This is taking anthropomorphism to a new level.

Also, impossible not umpossible.

Star.
[ Display Name History ]

Star.

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 4,338 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I thought I'd pop in here and let everyone know I love Pinkie Pie and Apple Bloom.

Apple Bloom is such a boss, quite like her and her cutie mark crusaders.

Posted Image
☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

Just thought I would remind you that that is a pony, not a human. This is taking anthropomorphism to a new level.

Also, impossible not umpossible.

And I'd like to remind you that this is a cartoon, and we can give personalities to just about everything.

You familiar with this gem of animation?
Posted Image

Technically those have less of a place being given a personality than a horse, since animals can have varying traits and qualities, and are actually alive. Still, lighten up, the characterization is very good but they do keep in mind that they are supposed to be somewhat horse-like and put that in the show. For instance all of the regular characters are vegetarians, and they aren't given thumbs (Unlike another animation icon Bugs Bunny, unless you hate him too...) and often have to manipulate objects in creative ways. Breaks from reality are nice, and often tales or shows that aren't about humans can provide not only entertainment but insight into what it means to be human (Aesop's Fables comes to mind).

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films
The reason why I love cartoon animation is that you can give so much emotion only through a couple of lines.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
Yep, one of the best examples being the King of the Egypt, the reunion scene is amazing.

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

Yep, one of the best examples being the King of the Egypt, the reunion scene is amazing.

You mean Prince of Egypt? Not being condescending, I just don't know of an animated film called King of Egypt, but Prince of Egypt is [bleep]ing spectacular.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

You mean Prince of Egypt? Not being condescending, I just don't know of an animated film called King of Egypt, but Prince of Egypt is [bleep]ing spectacular.

Yeah, that one (the one with moses and ramses), the portuguese title is translated into "King of Egypt" :P

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

Yeah, that one (the one with moses and ramses), the portuguese title is translated into "King of Egypt" :P

Interesting, I wonder if King and Prince have different connotations in Portuguese and English, but anyway...

I think the thing about " it's over anthropomorphizing" is probably just a fear of, "Dude, does this make me a furry?" And no, no it doesn't; there certainly are aspects of it in certain parts of the fanbase, but they're completely avoidable and not required to enjoy the show on its own merits. Besides, if you look at any fan base grounded in or that's part of nerd culture you're bound to find a furry aspect to it somewhere, guaranteed.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I
Posted Image

Hopefully the Second season won't take too long to be produced. You can only watch the first season so many times...
Luck be a Lady

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

Posted Image

Hopefully the Second season won't take too long to be produced. You can only watch the first season so many times...

I hear it should be premiering this December according to this article.

December potentially unless they release episodes before the intended due date

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

das
[ Display Name History ]

das

The Collector

• Members
  • 7,895 posts
i prefered twilight when she voiced raven instead

Posted Image
"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."
Abraham Lincoln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users