Tornadoes wipe out part of Missouri

Orpheus

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/23/missouri.tornado/index.html?iref=NS1

I'm not going to copypaste the entire article seeing how it'd probably break the page. I think some of you are perfectly capable of opening and reading the link of your own volition.

In any case, this sucks man. The weather just doesn't want to cooperate as of late. Admittedly not much you can do but hope for these guys.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

The natural forces of mother nature in highly populated areas.

That's what's going on.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Inb4rapture.

I've heard numerous people say this is the beginning of the rapture.

Okay, that's terrible. I'm sorry for the lives lost here, and hope that families are able to recover, both possessions lost, and family members lost.

Oh, how fun. Tornado warning in my area. Very well could be one of my last posts. Probably not, but here's hoping it's not.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

When we had the Tornado here a few years back the Sirens didn't go off at all, it was only a street over from where I lived then, you're pretty lucky if the sirens go off when there is a Tornado. I heard it was more like 80% of the town, and tomorrow they're due more bad weather. Also it could flood, though I think I heard it already has.

My grandparents live in Joplin. Thankfully the tornado barely missed their house and they are all right.

Still a really scary thought. Weather has just been out of control recently.

Inb4rapture.

I've heard numerous people say this is the beginning of the rapture.

Bound to happen when you get a tornado in the Bible belt.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

When we had the Tornado here a few years back the Sirens didn't go off at all, it was only a street over from where I lived then, you're pretty lucky if the sirens go off when there is a Tornado.

They probably do, they're really hard to hear when it's raining hard enough.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

And tornado season is just beginning in West Texas. Weird to hope that we get some, but it's much less populated out here than east, in the deeper south. We need the accompanying rain, badly. Texas' agriculture this year is crashed from all this drought, not to mention all the communities hurt by wildfires. But that is neither here nor there; these sorts of tornadoes are rare in that part of the country, but they do happen. And when they do, it's bad - a typically weak tornado can do a whole lot of damage in a highly populated area. They're beautiful forces of nature in open spaces, but ... Bad stuff.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Kansas City, where I live, is not that far north of Joplin. It's kind of scary. I've known people who live in Joplin, I can only hope that they are alright.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

And tornado season is just beginning in West Texas. Weird to hope that we get some, but it's much less populated out here than east, in the deeper south. We need the accompanying rain, badly. Texas' agriculture this year is crashed from all this drought, not to mention all the communities hurt by wildfires. But that is neither here nor there; these sorts of tornadoes are rare in that part of the country, but they do happen. And when they do, it's bad - a typically weak tornado can do a whole lot of damage in a highly populated area. They're beautiful forces of nature in open spaces, but ... Bad stuff.

I never really noticed many tornadoes touching down in west texas lately, not sure why but it seems like the cells have started to form a bit further to the east within the last few years.

And as I type this, there's a Tornado warning for Dallas and Tarrant counties.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I never really noticed many tornadoes touching down in west texas lately, not sure why but it seems like the cells have started to form a bit further to the east within the last few years.

And as I type this, there's a Tornado warning for Dallas and Tarrant counties.

Our season starts later, but I think it will either be much quieter here or big as well (although it won't be as big of a deal as the tornado in Joplin - no matter how fast the wind speeds are, a tornado in a corn field isn't a big deal). But, yes, the eastern part of Texas has been experiencing more severe weather than when I was younger. I was told that we're shifting into an El Nino, and that is considered a major reason for so much activity to the east.

One of my friends' younger sisters lives in Keller, and she took a picture of the tornado that touched down in the northern DFW area. Real small, don't believe it did any damage. Hopefully the DFW area is fine, although I know the hail will be very damaging. Golf ball-sized hail ruined the main hospital in Amarillo in 2004 if I recall correctly. And this is twice the size.

I sure hope Joplin doesn't get hit again.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Lol, too dry where you live, and seeds drowning out of all the rain here in some parts of New-Brunswick (Canada).

I'm in Branson Missouri right now visiting my great grandparents. I believe Joplin is just like an hour or so away from here. No sirens went off here though, hope everyone in Joplin can get back on track soon and start repairing.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I'm probably more afraid of tornadoes than anything else. The idea of it alone is hell. I can't imagine how [bleep]ed up some of the survivors must feel.