Sign in to follow this  
superhawk12

Sextant, Watch and Chart

I've looked ahead to the 'Defender of Varrock' quest (one more level to start it) and have seen that I require the three pieces of equipment for co-ordinate treasure trail hunting..

So far, I've not successfully stumbled upon a clue scroll requiring me to find co-ordinates and therefore haven't been able to obtain them that way..

I've tried speaking to the respective NPCs (including the Observatory Professor), in the futile attempt they might just want to give me them ( :P ), but again no luck..

I've also tried to using the crafting bench in my PoH to create one of the equipment and see if that helped, but nothing...

Is there no other way of obtaining the appropriate equipment..? As I'll be completely unable to complete the quest without them..

Or, does anyone know if those resources are supplied to someone who has yet to stumble upon a co-ordinate scroll (such as myself!)?

Any feedback would be Muchly appreciated, thank-you.. :)

Another fansite claims that you can summon a Meerkat (level 4 Summoning) and use it in place of the sextant, watch and chart.

It might be worth trying out.

(You could, of course, always farm clue scrolls until you get a coordinates clue.)

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Every site I've checked claims that the Meerkat replaces the need to dig with a spade and will not trigger one of the god followers guarding another casket/scroll..

And I understand that you Need the Watch, Sext.. etc when actually digging on the exact spot, or you will not be able to retrieve the item.

I know for the quest you're digging into a secret spot to continue the quest, but as far as I'm aware the same rules apply.. /:

Don't co-ordinate treasure trails normally fall in the (Hard) scrolls..?

Every site I've checked claims that the Meerkat replaces the need to dig with a spade and will not trigger one of the god followers guarding another casket/scroll..

And I understand that you Need the Watch, Sext.. etc when actually digging on the exact spot, or you will not be able to retrieve the item.

I know for the quest you're digging into a secret spot to continue the quest, but as far as I'm aware the same rules apply.. /:

Well, I've just done a bit more digging, and another fansite (different from the first one I mentioned) doesn't even mention needing the sextant, watch and chart.

It might be worth just starting the quest and trying it out without the items; the worst that can happen is that you discover you do in fact need the items, which is the same situation you're in right now regardless. On the other hand, the best that could happen is that it works without the items. :)

You could also maybe help in clarifying the information on the Tip.It quest guide for this quest; a lot of other people might be happy to know if these items are in fact optional for completing the quest.

Edit: In regards to your first comment, the Meerkat does multiple things. It can be used as a sextant, it can be used to Dig for clues in place of needing a spade, and it also does not disturb any "guardian" NPCs.

Don't co-ordinate treasure trails normally fall in the (Hard) scrolls..?

Yes, but there are certain monsters that drop them fairly quickly (i.e., Hellhounds and Jellies.)

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Well, I'll acquire the last level I need to complete the quest and I'll proceed through it upto that point without anything..

Failing that I'll try with the meerkats, and then if that also doesn't work, I'll go with the scroll farming :P

If I find out anything about this that works (or otherwise stands out) I'll make a suggestion on the quest guide or something, as I'm sure I'm not the only individual without the appropriate items :)

Thanks Serpent! :)

It is suggested to post in the Help and Advice section of the forums for better advice. I presume a mod will move this soon for you.

vettro.png

Hey, you'll get much quicker responses in Help & Advice so I'll move this there for you :)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I've looked ahead to the 'Defender of Varrock' quest (one more level to start it) and have seen that I require the three pieces of equipment for co-ordinate treasure trail hunting..

when you start the quest you might be given the tools/have access to the tools.

as of now there's no reason for you to have/need those tools so obviously you wont be able to get them.(why would you?)

IIRC:

There was a bug fix shortly after that quest so that when on the quest the npcs will give out the items as others faced this problem.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Update: The next clue scroll I stumbled upon actually involved a co-ordinate scroll, it seems like once you whinge about something it will appear >.< I've got the 3 items now :)

But thank you all for the advice and guidance you've suggested, I hope if anyone else happens upon this thread that they can find the help they're after with your posts :)