Jagex taking stance

Pinata

[spoiler=Message to Jagex]Dear Jagex, If you read this and care about your game, please rewrite your client in c/c++, this will kill most bots if not all for a couple of months while the bot writers switch to a c/c++ system. Besides, you use a lot of c/c++/assembler in the native libraries and the game would run a lot smoother if it wasn't in the JVM. You could use the applet to invoke the engine or even display graphics, but as far as game control, leave it to c/c++. It wouldn't take much JNI or JAWT usage to convert.Sincerely, A long time RS player who wants his game back.

Clearly you're unaware of just how long this would take, plus, it wouldn't be a browser based game (on-the-fly gaming), which is what Jagex want RuneScape to always be.

Besides, as far as I'm aware, RuneScape is pretty much written in C, it just uses a language that they've created within it, to make things easier so to speak.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really which training spots do you enjoy that are taken by bots? Here is the better question, which spots occupied by bots do they have an advantage over your 97 mining if you are competing?

The Dwarven Mine next to the resource dungeon, the Mining Guild, the Rimmington mine, the Al'Kharid Mine; pretty much anywhere that allows for decent xp/hr. Unfortunately Mining doesn't seem to get much faster once you can one-hit iron. Whether or not I get ores seems to be based more based more on server ping then my level.

And why does someone's personal choice matter? Its a game, Jagex isn't a deity why do you care so much about someone breaking rules if your not out for a spot on the high scores?

You're right, it is a choice to break rules. What bothers me is the mindset that people can do what they want without having to take the rules that they agreed to into consideration. It's true Jagex is not a deity (what government is?), but they are the governing body of the community that we are a part of and as such they decide upon the rules of that community (not unlike how this very forum has rules decided upon by the people in charge). When we chose to be a part of that community, we agreed to abide by it's rules. Botting is breaking the rules, and that bothers me.

Besides, I'm F2P. I'm never going to rank very high on the high scores, so that's not even a concern for me.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

If you played for fun bots DONT affect your gameplay. If you play for an enlarged e-peen your wasting your time legiting, you might as well join them. I look forward to the angry e-famers who will rage/deny what I just said.

I have fun mining, but it's hard to do that when all the training spots are full of bots. Besides, it's not that bots make the game less fun, after all I can always train other skills that they don't affect like DG, but the fact they're not only being lazy but breaking the rules that bothers me.

Seeing people blatantly flaunting their disregard for the rules has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Really which training spots do you enjoy that are taken by bots? Here is the better question, which spots occupied by bots do they have an advantage over your 97 mining if you are competing?

And why does someone's personal choice matter? Its a game, Jagex isn't a deity why do you care so much about someone breaking rules if your not out for a spot on the high scores?

Any spot where you can one hit ore at a low level. I.e., clay (yes I mine my own clay for urns while I'm f2p), iron, and all lower ores. Futhermore, all woodcutting areas.

Yes it's a game. A game most of us have logged hundreds if not thousands of hours on. This is a game that builds upon the work you've put into it; therefore, most players don't like to see their play time hindered by people who break the rules. The part about breaking the rules only bothers me is because it is Jagex's number one rule basically. It's been the center or the majority of major changes to the game and the rule they swore to uphold when they returned free trade. It's like if the federal government decided to not do anything on terrorism even though they've said they're so guns-[garden tool] about stopping it. I am well aware I just related a game to real life, but on a larger scale, that is exactly what Jagex would be doing.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Lol at people with no life who play for recognition on the high scores of an online game. :lol:

If you played for fun bots DONT affect your gameplay. If you play for an enlarged e-peen your wasting your time legiting, you might as well join them. I look forward to the angry e-famers who will rage/deny what I just said.

I hope this comment isn't directed at me ... :unsure:

My contribution to this conversation is, mainly, for Jagex to finally own up and admit that they're either unable or unwilling to do anything about the botting problem.

Sure, they talk a great game - but everywhere you go in game now -- all you see are bots, and nothing seems to be done about them, despite what Jagex claims ...

nyuseg.png

Ok you personally chose to legit 99 smithing by cannonball making, someone else chose to bot it and do other things why does it matter? If you enjoyed your time on rs why do you care so much about the person that chose to bot it instead? Devalues your achievement perhaps but it shouldnt devalue your fun [because fun is derived from the activity not the recognition and if that isnt the case I suggest therapy]

How much joy can I get from an activity if there are so many bots that I can't do it?

At any rate to you personally, you CHOSE very mundaine and repetative ways of getting 99's

There are non-repetitive ways of training skills in RS? :-s

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Lol at people with no life who play for recognition on the high scores of an online game. :lol:

I hope this comment isn't directed at me ... :unsure:

My contribution to this conversation is, mainly, for Jagex to finally own up and admit that they're either unable or unwilling to do anything about the botting problem.

Sure, they talk a great game - but everywhere you go in game now -- all you see are bots, and nothing seems to be done about them, despite what Jagex claims ...

its not for you, Im all for being against Jagex lying about their methods of stopping bots and wanting to hold them to their word.

What im personally annoyed by is the people who think botting in runescape is heracy or a felony.

Maybe we should ask Jagex to add "public stoning" to the game? :lol:

nyuseg.png

What's with them using the term 'macroing'. It's annoying and I doubt any of these bots are just simply running macros.

Whatever, they aren't going to do [cabbage] about it. It's a f2p game, no matter what they try and do there will be gold farmers. Nice to see that even after 6 years they still have the same mentality of trying to do anything to stop the unstoppable.

Hmm...let the other players throw rocks at the characters convicted of botting and then take their stuff? :-k It would certainly make for some interesting community events. :lol:

[hide=long quote chain/reply to Ring_World]

I have fun mining, but it's hard to do that when all the training spots are full of bots. Besides, it's not that bots make the game less fun, after all I can always train other skills that they don't affect like DG, but the fact they're not only being lazy but breaking the rules that bothers me.

Seeing people blatantly flaunting their disregard for the rules has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Any spot where you can one hit ore at a low level. I.e., clay (yes I mine my own clay for urns while I'm f2p), iron, and all lower ores. Futhermore, all woodcutting areas.

Yes it's a game. A game most of us have logged hundreds if not thousands of hours on. This is a game that builds upon the work you've put into it; therefore, most players don't like to see their play time hindered by people who break the rules. The part about breaking the rules only bothers me is because it is Jagex's number one rule basically. It's been the center or the majority of major changes to the game and the rule they swore to uphold when they returned free trade. It's like if the federal government decided to not do anything on terrorism even though they've said they're so guns-[garden tool] about stopping it. I am well aware I just related a game to real life, but on a larger scale, that is exactly what Jagex would be doing.

Find a better spot then for clay or iron?

Ok you personally chose to legit 99 smithing by cannonball making, someone else chose to bot it and do other things why does it matter? If you enjoyed your time on rs why do you care so much about the person that chose to bot it instead? Devalues your achievement perhaps but it shouldnt devalue your fun [because fun is derived from the activity not the recognition and if that isnt the case I suggest therapy]

And if the federal government decided not to pursue terrorism anymore that would be because they decided that its a waste of recources to have troops in foreign countries to find terrorist cells and a better way to fight it would be tighter border control/protect major targets. How would that be a bad thing? In essence that is what Jagex does now.

But you are making the call that bots = terrorists with that analogy and it is just plain off. Bots dont hurt your gameplay [unless you love clay/iron mining or use pure ess as a money maker] while a terrorist may harm your life or property. The same cannot be said about bots. [besides the flimsy devalues my money maker/achievement arugments]

At any rate to you personally, you CHOSE very mundaine and repetative ways of getting 99's [smithing with cannonballs, mining with gold pre lrc/pure ess] if you feel bad that you did it legit then you should have botted it. If you are mad that someone botting it takes away ingame recognition for your achievements seek therapy. If you are mad that bots devalue your money maker - find a better money maker. If you enjoy clay mining above all else in RS find an empty spot [yes im sure it exists].

If you enjoy mining, say you enjoy LRC, say you want 99. Why does it matter if you enjoyed getting 99, achieved it but someone else cheated. This is entertainment not a job, them cheating means nothing to me if I enjoy what I am doing.

Edit: I know it seems rude of me to say that about method you personally used to train but its not you directly im saying it to, its anyone who feels they got cheated by someone cheating. If this was IRL id support you 100% however this is entertainment, if someone cheats in GTA (Grand Theft Auto) and I dont care, after all what difference does it make to me? The only difference comes when theres a pecking order established by a high score list, but I honestly think people who worship those lists need therapy.

Edit: Edit: I know im rambling in this post bare with me

[/hide]

Every good spot for clay and iron are filled with at least three bots per ore cluster in F2P. I was just citing examples for activities levels don't affect when compared against bots. I can outclick bots the majority of time so it isn't a hassle for me, necessarily.

I did enjoy my time Smithing to 99. Why do I care about the person botting? They're cheating. The principle is as simple as that. Bots don't affect me until they begin to hinder my game play, and since everyone can use a furnace, they did not hinder my smelting. It never devalued my fun, but it does for sure devalue the achievement if one can not play a single hour and achieve that same skill as I have. As for recognition, explain the entire basis of skill capes. Humans by nature enjoy being recognized for their achievements whether they are real or something online. Why would there be Valedictorian during high school graduations if recognition is not important. I'm not saying it's a driving factor behind people getting 99s, but it's an after product that people enjoy to see/hear. Take strength and cooking for example. Most people do not even buy the capes because they are so popular and therefore devalued. Obviously, recognition is important to players.

If the federal government stopped an active approach towards terrorism they wouldn't stop entirely. You said it yourself, they would do something and not just totally stop. Totally stopping is basically what Jagex has done. If Jagex took an approach where they make it harder for bots to function effectively it would be different. They have done nothing besides blow smoke up our posterior ends.

Again, you said that RuneScape is for entertainment. If I decide that I loathe frost dragons and want to fish sharks since I enjoy fishing and they were decent money, then that's my choice and it's based on the fun factor. The bots have obviously harmed shark prices and therefore they have devalued something I enjoy and made it near stupid to fish for money. In essence, they ruined that aspect of fun since it's so impractical to perform that task anymore. Therefore, they did affect my game play and hinder my experience in RuneScape. I myself stated that I am not comparing bots to terrorists, but am comparing the actions of Jagex to something on a much larger scale, the federal government.

I do not feel bad about the way I achieved 99s. I did them because I LOVED that certain skill and the way of training it that I choose. Personally, smelting three minute batches that allowed me to forum browse and such, is the way I wanted to play RuneScape at that time. I'm not mad about people botting, as Racheya said in her article, "I don't care." It's the fact that they are cheating that bothers me only slightly. It's as simple as that; someone is allowed to cheat blatantly and get away with it. As I said before, empty spots are extremely tough to come by.

It doesn't matter to me at least. As I said before, it's the blatant cheating.

It's not rude, it's support to your argument and I'm fine with that. The only way bots directly affect you is if they ruin a way you used to play (mentioned above) or hinder your from performing a duty effectively. There are a lot of people who value they place on the high scores. To them, it is a competition and maybe this is the one thing they're good at. Is it wrong for them to have a sense of achievement over a game? Some may say yes, but others would disagree. It's all a matter of opinion and circumstance. My main point is however, it's cheating plain and simple. I'm not criticizing anyone besides Jagex themselves. If you're not going to enforce a rule then simply remove it and do not lie to people by saying you're proactively against it.

Personally, bots don't bother me anymore. When I was low leveled I believed I could make a difference by sending it hundreds of names of suspected bots into Jagex. I don't think so anymore. They're something I ,in essence, grew up with and with their return, I'm used to them. Botting isn't a felony or near a major crime; however, when Jagex basis major decisions about botting, they emphasize its importance in RuneScape itself. Therefore, they have established the severity of the offence in people's minds.

I had to retype this entire post as I hit add reply earlier and my internet died XD. I hope it's as good as the original.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Hmm...let the other players throw rocks at the characters convicted of botting and then take their stuff? :-k It would certainly make for some interesting community events. :lol:

Oh, you two crack me up. :XD:

We don't even have to go anywhere near that far. Anyone who has been around since -- and done -- the 2007 Christmas Event that gave us all the "Snow Globe" holiday event item can all shake their Snow Globes, get together, and go pelt bots left and right. Heck, I'm surprised I haven't already done this a lot more. Oh, that's right, I didn't think of it before because I was alone! :roll:

~D. V. "No rocks needed... Get your Snow Globes out!" Devnull

(p.s.: Maybe meet me in Codguy's "FishScape Chat" channel when I'm not having to deal with advertising bots, and we can discuss a meetup to go enjoy pelting bots with snowballs?)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I remember when Paul Gower once teleported a macro user into the Wilderness for me to kill, right before banning the guy. It was my first PK ever! I wish Jagex would go back to doing things like this. :D

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

[hide=more hide tags to save page length XD]

And if the federal government decided not to pursue terrorism anymore that would be because they decided that its a waste of recources to have troops in foreign countries to find terrorist cells and a better way to fight it would be tighter border control/protect major targets. How would that be a bad thing? In essence that is what Jagex does now.

But you are making the call that bots = terrorists with that analogy and it is just plain off. Bots dont hurt your gameplay [unless you love clay/iron mining or use pure ess as a money maker] while a terrorist may harm your life or property. The same cannot be said about bots. [besides the flimsy devalues my money maker/achievement arugments]

At any rate to you personally, you CHOSE very mundaine and repetative ways of getting 99's [smithing with cannonballs, mining with gold pre lrc/pure ess] if you feel bad that you did it legit then you should have botted it. If you are mad that someone botting it takes away ingame recognition for your achievements seek therapy. If you are mad that bots devalue your money maker - find a better money maker. If you enjoy clay mining above all else in RS find an empty spot [yes im sure it exists].

If you enjoy mining, say you enjoy LRC, say you want 99. Why does it matter if you enjoyed getting 99, achieved it but someone else cheated. This is entertainment not a job, them cheating means nothing to me if I enjoy what I am doing.

Edit: I know it seems rude of me to say that about method you personally used to train but its not you directly im saying it to, its anyone who feels they got cheated by someone cheating. If this was IRL id support you 100% however this is entertainment, if someone cheats in GTA (Grand Theft Auto) and I dont care, after all what difference does it make to me? The only difference comes when theres a pecking order established by a high score list, but I honestly think people who worship those lists need therapy.

[/hide]

Every good spot for clay and iron are filled with at least three bots per ore cluster in F2P. I was just citing examples for activities levels don't affect when compared against bots. I can outclick bots the majority of time so it isn't a hassle for me, necessarily.

I did enjoy my time Smithing to 99. Why do I care about the person botting? They're cheating. The principle is as simple as that. Bots don't affect me until they begin to hinder my game play, and since everyone can use a furnace, they did not hinder my smelting. It never devalued my fun, but it does for sure devalue the achievement if one can not play a single hour and achieve that same skill as I have. As for recognition, explain the entire basis of skill capes. Humans by nature enjoy being recognized for their achievements whether they are real or something online. Why would there be Valedictorian during high school graduations if recognition is not important. I'm not saying it's a driving factor behind people getting 99s, but it's an after product that people enjoy to see/hear. Take strength and cooking for example. Most people do not even buy the capes because they are so popular and therefore devalued. Obviously, recognition is important to players.

If the federal government stopped an active approach towards terrorism they wouldn't stop entirely. You said it yourself, they would do something and not just totally stop. Totally stopping is basically what Jagex has done. If Jagex took an approach where they make it harder for bots to function effectively it would be different. They have done nothing besides blow smoke up our posterior ends.

Again, you said that RuneScape is for entertainment. If I decide that I loathe frost dragons and want to fish sharks since I enjoy fishing and they were decent money, then that's my choice and it's based on the fun factor. The bots have obviously harmed shark prices and therefore they have devalued something I enjoy and made it near stupid to fish for money. In essence, they ruined that aspect of fun since it's so impractical to perform that task anymore. Therefore, they did affect my game play and hinder my experience in RuneScape. I myself stated that I am not comparing bots to terrorists, but am comparing the actions of Jagex to something on a much larger scale, the federal government.

I do not feel bad about the way I achieved 99s. I did them because I LOVED that certain skill and the way of training it that I choose. Personally, smelting three minute batches that allowed me to forum browse and such, is the way I wanted to play RuneScape at that time. I'm not mad about people botting, as Racheya said in her article, "I don't care." It's the fact that they are cheating that bothers me only slightly. It's as simple as that; someone is allowed to cheat blatantly and get away with it. As I said before, empty spots are extremely tough to come by.

It's not rude, it's support to your argument and I'm fine with that. The only way bots directly affect you is if they ruin a way you used to play (mentioned above) or hinder your from performing a duty effectively. There are a lot of people who value they place on the high scores. To them, it is a competition and maybe this is the one thing they're good at. Is it wrong for them to have a sense of achievement over a game? Some may say yes, but others would disagree. It's all a matter of opinion and circumstance. My main point is however, it's cheating plain and simple. I'm not criticizing anyone besides Jagex themselves. If you're not going to enforce a rule then simply remove it and do not lie to people by saying you're proactively against it.

Personally, bots don't bother me anymore. When I was low leveled I believed I could make a difference by sending it hundreds of names of suspected bots into Jagex. I don't think so anymore. They're something I ,in essence, grew up with and with their return, I'm used to them. Botting isn't a felony or near a major crime; however, when Jagex basis major decisions about botting, they emphasize its importance in RuneScape itself. Therefore, they have established the severity of the offence in people's minds.

I had to retype this entire post as I hit add reply earlier and my internet died XD. I hope it's as good as the original.

I ask you why the principle of someone cheating matters to you that much? I like to believe im live and let live about a lot of things so its just foreign to me to care about someone else breaking the rules in a way that doesnt harm anyone. A real life example of this would be a pot smoker or someone that gets out of paying traffic tickets somehow. They dont hurt anyone by their actions so I tend to be rather empathetic with them. That is the same attitude I have towards someone who says "Yeah I botted this skill and that skill cause they suck"

The reason I say that ingame recognition shouldn't be sought after [and you should seek therapy if it is something you strive for] is that it is a MAJOR factor in developing an unhealthy obsession for the content, it creates the allusion of achieving something when in reality it isn't real. A lot of the top players on the 200m in all skills thread that quit have said similar things.

Sure recognition is fun, and pretty nice but it is harmful in my opinion to play for dangerous amounts of times for that high, when spending that amount of time on real challenges will create real recognition as well as real accomplishments. But for your particular runescape accomplishments, I think what you did was great and quite a feat at the time you did it and if you had fun doing it more power to you. :lol:

On the Jagex actions towards bots I agree they should be more responsive and actually do something. And I agree with you about bots that directly interfere with your fun are bad. Just something I dont understand still is the ones that dont interfere with your fun such as smith bots or alch bots, why does it matter if the player is cheating?

[/hide]

It just boils down to myself having pride in certain skills that I have accomplished. There are plenty of people that bot 99 cooking, and do I care? Not particularly. It ruins the fun you could have had and makes the accomplishment (if there is one) meaningless, but that's their choice. People who bot a skill like Runecrafting however kind of annoy me. It's a tedious skill that the majortiy of people who possess the skillcape have pride in. Also, it used to be a major money-maker for skillers that is basically ruined now.The fact that I can do nothing about it however makes it to the point where it's dumb to care if someone is botting anymore.

I don't see the point in botting 99's when you can easily play on a private server if abilities is all your after. If you think about it, people who bot are after recognition for no input sometimes. The fact that someone can offer zero input and achieve exactly what the person who spent 100 hundred hours doing whatever annoys me as well. It's as if someone got through the entirity of high school by cheating off someone else and graduated. I understand this happens, but on a much smaller scale. In fine, it takes away from the achievement, someone can achieve something with no input, and the majority of bots now directly harm players (as in they ruin training spots, ruin old money makers, and crowd areas).

Note that bots did not affect any of my skills so this isn't me being madbro about this :P.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

Someone mentioned that if I didnt like bots money making in the same place I am then I should find a better place to make money. I think a lot of people would agree that frost dragons are a one of the best ways of making money. There are bots at frost dragons... :angry:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I remember when Paul Gower once teleported a macro user into the Wilderness for me to kill, right before banning the guy. It was my first PK ever! I wish Jagex would go back to doing things like this. :D

Good old times..hehehe..

Someone mentioned that if I didnt like bots money making in the same place I am then I should find a better place to make money. I think a lot of people would agree that frost dragons are a one of the best ways of making money. There are bots at frost dragons... :angry:

Damn paradoxes... Trust me, you're not alone. Those blasted bots over at the Mining Guild are messing things up as well. :wall:

Good old times..hehehe..

I would have liked to have been there to see that. Videos, please? :(

~D. V. "Ugh, paradoxes... Any chance you got the video reel?" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Good old times..hehehe..

I would have liked to have been there to see that. Videos, please? :(

~D. V. "Ugh, paradoxes... Any chance you got the video reel?" Devnull

That was way back in 2001, when videos were very uncommon. So no. :-(

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

There's practically no way to make money in F2P without butting heads with bots.

Mining rune, smelting bars, and playing GOP for water talismans are the only ones I can think of that require no money to start and are relatively fast money. Once you get cash you're either hi-alching or merchanting. Everything else is dirt.

These bot busting events are probably going to be more frequent in P2P than F2P. Fat lot of good that'll do. Meh.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

[spoiler=Message to Jagex]Dear Jagex, If you read this and care about your game, please rewrite your client in c/c++, this will kill most bots if not all for a couple of months while the bot writers switch to a c/c++ system. Besides, you use a lot of c/c++/assembler in the native libraries and the game would run a lot smoother if it wasn't in the JVM. You could use the applet to invoke the engine or even display graphics, but as far as game control, leave it to c/c++. It wouldn't take much JNI or JAWT usage to convert.Sincerely, A long time RS player who wants his game back.

This would only make things more difficult for bot writers for, as you said, a month or two... Then what after that?

Rotating encrypted Item and object ID algorithms reconfigured by the server every 3 hours. This would break bots every 3 hours forcing the owners to update. Seeing that every major update in Runescape takes bots down for 10 hours - 3 days, this would drastically reduce the number of bots.

I like how you think you know coding

35hedkh.jpg

Read a few posts, most are going along the same line...

The simple fact is that it is making an impact, maybe not something most of you realise but it is. Not majorly impacting on those who are there to simply advance in their stats, but it is working against the on-going battle against RWT companies. You'll find after a short session that there every world at the green dragons, etc. will be completely clean of bots. I'm really not interested in swaying the opinions of people on here, because many have it dead-set in their mind that everything done is PR related and nothing serious is actually being done. Well, believe what you wish, each to their own and all that jazz. They're not turning into any kind of Communist Dictatorship, that's just stupid.

Oh well. Slow and steady wins the race, there's no miracles waiting around the corner. Patience is a virtue.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I'm not referring to the bots. But rather people expecting things to just happen at the drop of a hat. They need to expect things to take time before a permanent, less demanding and more obvious solution is implemented.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I'm not referring to the bots. But rather people expecting things to just happen at the drop of a hat. They need to expect things to take time before a permanent, less demanding and more obvious solution is implemented.

They should have done it in the years they had before free trade came out.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

[hide=more hide tags to save page length XD]

[/hide]

I ask you why the principle of someone cheating matters to you that much? I like to believe im live and let live about a lot of things so its just foreign to me to care about someone else breaking the rules in a way that doesnt harm anyone. A real life example of this would be a pot smoker or someone that gets out of paying traffic tickets somehow. They dont hurt anyone by their actions so I tend to be rather empathetic with them. That is the same attitude I have towards someone who says "Yeah I botted this skill and that skill cause they suck"

The reason I say that ingame recognition shouldn't be sought after [and you should seek therapy if it is something you strive for] is that it is a MAJOR factor in developing an unhealthy obsession for the content, it creates the allusion of achieving something when in reality it isn't real. A lot of the top players on the 200m in all skills thread that quit have said similar things.

Sure recognition is fun, and pretty nice but it is harmful in my opinion to play for dangerous amounts of times for that high, when spending that amount of time on real challenges will create real recognition as well as real accomplishments. But for your particular runescape accomplishments, I think what you did was great and quite a feat at the time you did it and if you had fun doing it more power to you. :lol:

On the Jagex actions towards bots I agree they should be more responsive and actually do something. And I agree with you about bots that directly interfere with your fun are bad. Just something I dont understand still is the ones that dont interfere with your fun such as smith bots or alch bots, why does it matter if the player is cheating?

[/hide]

It just boils down to myself having pride in certain skills that I have accomplished. There are plenty of people that bot 99 cooking, and do I care? Not particularly. It ruins the fun you could have had and makes the accomplishment (if there is one) meaningless, but that's their choice. People who bot a skill like Runecrafting however kind of annoy me. It's a tedious skill that the majortiy of people who possess the skillcape have pride in. Also, it used to be a major money-maker for skillers that is basically ruined now.The fact that I can do nothing about it however makes it to the point where it's dumb to care if someone is botting anymore.

I don't see the point in botting 99's when you can easily play on a private server if abilities is all your after. If you think about it, people who bot are after recognition for no input sometimes. The fact that someone can offer zero input and achieve exactly what the person who spent 100 hundred hours doing whatever annoys me as well. It's as if someone got through the entirity of high school by cheating off someone else and graduated. I understand this happens, but on a much smaller scale. In fine, it takes away from the achievement, someone can achieve something with no input, and the majority of bots now directly harm players (as in they ruin training spots, ruin old money makers, and crowd areas).

Note that bots did not affect any of my skills so this isn't me being madbro about this :P.

Fair enough on the first paragraph.

Perhaps they are unfairly tring to enlarge their e-peen without actually exercising it themselves, so what it doesnt matter. A person that cheated their way to max lvl in runescape what did they gain or lose by doing so? They gained in-game recogntion (arguably undeserved), I cant think of much other gains, perhaps entertainment at max combat without working to get it? What did they lose by botting? Arguably nothing either, potentially their account and/or money to buy the bot but that isnt really too bad considering buy the bot once have it for life and bot a new account if main gets banned.

In relation to high school cheater its a poor example because you gain undeserved recognition for cheating, however you are an illiterate dumb ass despite the fact that you graduate.

That is why I say cheating IRL is bad and cheating in rs isnt.

Cheating in RuneScape is quite bad as well.

If you play a game improperly, and devalue the achievements of others who spent their time attaining those achievements, that most definitely is bad and disgraceful.

Why play the game at all if you can't play it properly? Is there even the slightest bit of logic in cheating?

Also, I find it funny when people call legitimate players 'no-lifes', when in reality the idiots who choose to cheat are the one's that can't let go of the game and resort to cheating.

Regardless of what the argument is, cheating is a huge negative in the community, and frowned upon greatly.

"Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

Vandite.png