Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Has Jesus Returned????????

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

andufusthebronze
[ Display Name History ]

andufusthebronze

X-TET

• Members
  • 2,528 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Conceding for the sake of argument that God does exist and that Jesus will one day return, what do you really think would happen? If someone all of a sudden started claiming he was the son of God come back to life, would we all bow down in worship or would we send him to counseling and probably have him committed to a mental hospital?

First off, your signature has the quote "why are you so surprised I came back?" in it, and that made me laugh due to the topic.

Secondly, this is actually an interesting question. The most interesting answer, I think anyway, is actually the Muslim answer: that Jesus (who is not the son of God but merely a prophet) will return to the earth upon the eruption of a war between muslims and non-muslims (which arguably, we already have - though it's hard to argue) and that Jesus will fight on behalf of the Muslims, bringing with him a terrible beast to destroy the non-believers.

I think that, if Jesus were to really return to this earth without slaughtering us all, he'd have a very difficult time of convincing us it was him. There is a quote somewhere in the bible of him saying 'I am not a show magician' or something similar, so I think he'd refuse to do so and therefore be labelled a "looney".
Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Conceding for the sake of argument that God does exist and that Jesus will one day return, what do you really think would happen? If someone all of a sudden started claiming he was the son of God come back to life, would we all bow down in worship or would we send him to counseling and probably have him committed to a mental hospital?

Besides, Jesus doesn't need to come back and save us; Sam and Dean Winchester already saved us from the Apocalypse.

Well Zeus and Odin are supposed to come back as well. And Odin has an entire army behind him when he comes back at the end of the world, Jesus got nothin'.

Is this before or after the eventual zombie apocalypse? If a big chunk of Earth's population gets Rapture'd away before the zombies happen, we lose quite a few otherwise capable fighters against them.
All I know about the mechanics of Ragnarok comes from Age of Mythology, but if it's anything like that, we're not quite as screwed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users