Random Event Rewards - Mystery Box

I have chosen the mystery box every time I have gotten a random event for probably about 3 years. Throughout all of this time, the best thing I have ever gotten is a steel platebody. Whenever I got the steel platebody the game said "Congratulations". Really?

Does the mystery box ever actually give anything worth anything? I think that the mystery box shouldn't be an option unless if they have a very small chance of giving a very good reward, like 10M or something. I mean at LEAST 1M! What is the point of having a mystery box as an option if it doesn't ever give anything good? That's a slap in the face I think.

the-graduate-bus.png

I have chosen the mystery box every time I have gotten a random event for probably about 3 years. Throughout all of this time, the best thing I have ever gotten is a steel platebody. Whenever I got the steel platebody the game said "Congratulations". Really?

Does the mystery box ever actually give anything worth anything? I think that the mystery box shouldn't be an option unless if they have a very small chance of giving a very good reward, like 10M or something. I mean at LEAST 1M! What is the point of having a mystery box as an option if it doesn't ever give anything good? That's a slap in the face I think.

You can get half keys, I believe.

crossed_body.png

I have chosen the mystery box every time I have gotten a random event for probably about 3 years. Throughout all of this time, the best thing I have ever gotten is a steel platebody. Whenever I got the steel platebody the game said "Congratulations". Really? Does the mystery box ever actually give anything worth anything? I think that the mystery box shouldn't be an option unless if they have a very small chance of giving a very good reward, like 10M or something. I mean at LEAST 1M! What is the point of having a mystery box as an option if it doesn't ever give anything good? That's a slap in the face I think.
You can get half keys, I believe.

You can get half keys from random event gift boxes - not mystery boxes.

I always go for the exp lamp or charms if they will get me more xp than the lamp, or half keys/good herbs like snapdragons.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Random events aren't supposed to be that rewarding. The most rewarding one would be the maze, and that's only because it takes time.

Random events aren't supposed to be that rewarding. The most rewarding one would be the maze, and that's only because it takes time.

Well I understand that but personally I think that if they have a gift or mystery box as a possible reward then that gives the impression that those boxes have a slight chance of being thoroughly rewarding.

I just think that they should only have mystery and gift boxes as an option if they can be a bit like a lottery ticket. That is the way the game interface treats them. If the best thing they can give is a half key after like 100 tries then I think that is misleading by jagex.

the-graduate-bus.png

The whole purpose of the random events is to annoy botters, the reward is just something there for those who aren't botting, something like 'Sorry for wasting your time'. Makes no sense if they could give ~1m for what, 30 seconds of your time?

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

But it would be interesting if they updated the mystery box to be more valuable so it is a mystery on whether you're getting a good item or not.

Oh well, I take the lamp always.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Maybe when it was introduced, the steel plate was worth more than it is now? Idk, but I always go for the lamp.

I;ve gotten uncut diamond I think, and maybe some talismans?

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I reckon it should be like the high gamble reward in barbarian assault where you have a small chance of a dragon chainbody reward. Would give players a bit of hope anyways.

2vuhgcn.png

I got a santa hat once

Yeah, but we talking about mystery boxes.

For all I know there could be anything inside.... maybe a boat!

It's useless crap most of the time though.

Boats in mystery boxes??

SAILING!!!!111ONE!!!

I always take the exp.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

I got a santa hat once

you know how we've always wanted a boat!

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I got a santa hat once

Who said I wasnt talking about mystery boxes.

There is a 1 in 23243546765754345678654 chance of getting a santa. Disprove this statement :lol:

Also dont cite Jagex words "that they are discontinued and are not adding new Santa Hats" as Jagex has accidentally added discontinued items such as Bunny ears to PvP drop lists, and Jagex said that Dust Devils dont drop D Chains when they do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

Back to the mystery box, I do not think it is intended for people with >700 skill total. If the steel plate is the best it can give, that is comparable to an uncut emerald. At the 800 skill total mark I do not think anything else will be worth that 'much'. And at 700+f2p a lot of your skills will be in the 50's so that exp lamp may not be all that great either.

I got a cut diamond from one once in f2p, but all the other times I get useless garbage like cabbages and buckets. :thumbdown:

Also, only go for emotes THEN the exp, unless you really really want dem clothing. Exp is the only thing you really should get imo, most of the clothing look too ugly. I had all the full sets of clothings and tossed all except the freaky forester ones because they all looked horrible.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I got all of the emotes long ago. When I got a costume room, I collected all of the clothes. Now I've got everything, I usually just go for the xp and stick it on Prayer.

Never go for the mystery box.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I got all of the emotes long ago. When I got a costume room, I collected all of the clothes. Now I've got everything, I usually just go for the xp and stick it on Prayer.

Never go for the mystery box.

Ohh forgot to mention that sometimes the xp lamp isn't present within the random event box. In that case, would you still go for the mystery box?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention