Armpits...

The Dark Lord

I don't shave my armpit hair. I don't sweat there so no bo & don't have to use deoderent there.

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late as well, but I've never bothered. Never understood why it would be beneficial to me, never expected it (or any other parts) from my GF (she does anyway) (certain parts) (dependent on plans) (extra parentheses for shiggles and gits).

To digress slightly...isn't is sort of pedopheliac to, culturally or individually, expect women to shave anyways? You know, make 'em look more like pre-pubescent girls rather than fully grown women?

Rune Tips Merchanting Site!

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

Western society likes to put down women that way. By making them look younger, they take on more of a look of powerlessness, making it so men can more easily justify themselves into controlling women because obviously women can't take care of themselves.

No, I don't shave my armpit hair.

Flyingjj.png

Western society likes to put down women that way. By making them look younger, they take on more of a look of powerlessness, making it so men can more easily justify themselves into controlling women because obviously women can't take care of themselves.

It's not just western society dude. Even ancient history depict women having no hair beneath the neck to exhibit more feminine look.

Nearly every woman in the world shaves their pits for the same reason. The only women not shaving are either rebels or just simply crazy.

Late as well, but I've never bothered. Never understood why it would be beneficial to me, never expected it (or any other parts) from my GF (she does anyway) (certain parts) (dependent on plans) (extra parentheses for shiggles and gits).

To digress slightly...isn't is sort of pedopheliac to, culturally or individually, expect women to shave anyways? You know, make 'em look more like pre-pubescent girls rather than fully grown women?

No. You're just completely misunderstood. Women are expected to shave because it is more feminine thing to do and (almost) every male digs that. Shaved women appeal to men because they look and feel more feminine than women who don't shave....It has nothing to do with pedophilia or whatever you're saying. Men can have the same opinion about that (especially me, heh) but not to women.

It's not just western society dude. Even ancient history depict women having no hair beneath the neck to exhibit more feminine look.

Nearly every woman in the world shaves their pits for the same reason. The only women not shaving are either rebels or just simply crazy.

By Western society, I meant to include our history (ancient or otherwise). I don't address outside of western society because I have no knowledge of it, and do not claim to, lest my ignorance show.

Flyingjj.png

By Western society, I meant to include our history (ancient or otherwise). I don't address outside of western society because I have no knowledge of it, and do not claim to, lest my ignorance show.

Although I admire your humility, you probably should have said that first.

As far as I know, I don't think there are many cultures, ancient or modern, in the world that don't encourage or even outwardly discourage women to shave their armpits. It's pretty much a tendancy common to humans, like couples staying together in the long term when raising a child or the older generations imparting their knowledge to the younger generations. Of course, shaving armpits isn't as useful in the biological sense, but that kind of thing happens when you get civilisations and cultures going.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Why should I have said that first? I made a very specific point, and someone else broadening it just serves to further my point. The vast majority of cultures in the world are patriarchal, and apparently also have women shave their underarm hair.

Which, after some research, I have discovered is actually a fairly recent trend. Shaving underarm hair only became popular in western society beginning in 1915, when sleeveless dresses became popular and magazines started running ads which showed shaved underarms. Want sources? Do a google search for underarm shaving, it's a pretty common result.

So, while my second statement about including ancient and modern history cannot be applied to shaving one's pits, I still hold that cultures promote beauty standards for women as ways to oppress them. Which, I suppose, is a completely relevant topic for debate, just not in this topic.

Flyingjj.png