Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Runescape after death?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

pal2002
[ Display Name History ]

pal2002

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • Location:Thine alabaster cities gleam, Undimmed by human tears
  • RuneScape Status:None

I'm not sure if this topic has ever come up, but with account sharing being against the rules, could I leave someone my RS account in my will?

And for the record, I'm fine, not dying, just curious.

Unless you're 70+ or have been recently diagnosed with cancer, I would very much worry about the game dying to bots and/or Jagex abandoning it for a new game rather than you dying..... :^o
I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles
Posted Image

Carl
[ Display Name History ]

Carl

I <3 N_odie!

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Carl
  • RSN2:Newb

Well, a will is a legal document, so the person the account is left to has that on their side in order to bring to Jagex as proof.

I highly doubt Jagex would refute or refuse the last wishes of an individual leaving something to a friend or family member.

Also, it is not like Jagex would really know if another person continually began using an account if it was not shared prior to the death of the individual. It is not as if Jagex thought I was hijacking an account when I moved from Texas to California. My IP address may have changed, but that doesnt mean I am not still me. They would not know the difference.

It's not legally yours, so a legal document in relation to this is foolish if you think it will hold any weight. That's like going out and renting a car, knowing that you have very little time left to live so putting that car in your will. It's not legally yours so you can't legally transfer ownership of it, because you never owned it.

And I don't know, I think it would be pretty sick (Not sick in the "Cool" sense, just disturbing) to be playing on the account of someone you knew who has been deceased..."Hey Tom!", "Oh no Tom died, I am his son..."...Awkward moment?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers

But people just IMAGINE, you are one of the top 10, and you die. Would you SERIOUSLY let the account die with you, or would you give it to a family member?

I'd let it die with me. I'd rather be a legend then risk having my good name sullied by the actions of others.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

gspbeetle
[ Display Name History ]

gspbeetle

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:ChenGMT
  • RSN2:son of 911
  • Clan:RuneHK

But how would Jagex ever know? Sure there'd be an IP change, but sicne the old IP would assumably stop logging onto that account, then wouldn't the detection system assume a enw computer was bought?

Most likely due to the fact that the credit card company will inform Jagex after the person has pass away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users