Do you really care about your weight?

Star_Fox

Unless you have an usually low self esteem, is caring about your body weight a big deal? Since Hs, I've already put on 40 pounds and still look like the same old me. I wouldn't see any changes unless I gained like 60 pounds or something but to be honest, even putting on a little fat hasn't really bothered me a bit. I used

to be very conscious 8 months ago but now I realized that it's more important to eat right and occasionally exercise. Unlike my bro who's always getting sick from

eating junk food and god knows how much he's drinking, I RARELY get any serious illnesses. Even weighing 65+ pounds more than him, I still feel great about myself

since I'm always trying to eat the right goods.

I've been on 190 for about 4 months and as of now, I weigh about 200 at only 5 foot 9 inches. I still have enough stamina to take Kendo for 2 hours straight

and hike up my local hill for about 1 hour not counting breaks 2 times every week. It may not sound like a LOT of excercising but it's MUCH more than the average people get in the States and most western countries..

And if weight keeps me from getting a relationship, so be it! More the reason to look for a successful relationship that won't die over frivolous things like

fat. :rolleyes: IMO, society is just too worked up over losing weight and it's becoming more overrated, and not to mention.. stupid. If it's serious

like going from 20-30 BMI, theres a problem, but putting on 5 extra pounds and [bleep]ing about it?...seriously.

You're free to call me a social rebel or w/e....I'm only speaking my mind against the world's attitude on weight gain.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i wasn't diabetic I wouldn't care as much. I weigh 177 pounds now (80.5 KG) and thats still a little overweight for my height as a diabetic. I've weighed as much as 225 pounds (102.3 Kg) and thats when I was at my unhealthiest. Now in terms of looks I don't really care as much, I have a high self esteem about my looks. If people (or women) dont like it then whatever, I won't change how I look or act for anyone one person.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I do care, although very slightly, I suppose I'm over what I'd like to be, but if I truly and deeply cared, I'd get bothered and try to lose the weight.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

If i wasn't diabetic I wouldn't care as much. I weigh 177 pounds now (80.5 KG) and thats still a little overweight for my height as a diabetic. I've weighed as much as 225 pounds (102.3 Kg) and thats when I was at my unhealthiest. Now in terms of looks I don't really care as much, I have a high self esteem about my looks. If people (or women) dont like it then whatever, I won't change how I look or act for anyone one person.

Ha.! Type 2 obviously. I actually graduated highschool at about 200 pounds, a bit overweight, then I randomly got type 1 diabetes like, idk, a year later (no clue exactly when) and was pretty much an anorexic 140 when I got diagnosed with it. Back at 160 now.

The way I see it, [bleep] the weight on the scales. Some guys, say Albel's height (no idea how tall he is) are 225 pounds of pure muscle. I'd like to lose a bit of the excess fat I have and turn it into muscle, but that doesn't mean I have a problem with the number I'm at.

Well, I care about my weight, but imo screw the scales and just look at your body after like you shower or something and ask yourself if you're ok with it or want to change it.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Ha.! Type 2 obviously. I actually graduated highschool at about 200 pounds, a bit overweight, then I randomly got type 1 diabetes like, idk, a year later (no clue exactly when) and was pretty much an anorexic 140 when I got diagnosed with it. Back at 160 now.

Uh nope...be type one for 11 years buddy. Me weight was good till I got on a insulin pump when I turned 13. I would then give the shot acting insulin and then eat whatever I wanted to. I guess I was making up for when I did eat correctly.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

125 lbs, don't care about my weight as long as I keep getting stronger each week from lifting. If I was fat, I'd probably care about my weight, though >_>

Underweight and overweight are just two extremes of the same scale, neither are very desirable. Good that you're putting on though.

It's good to care about weight (within reason), if you don't then you don't care about health. Being 190 pounds isn't exactly unhealthy. If you were like 250...then yeah, be concerned

I'm overweight, but I'm still fit and healthy to do the tasks my life requires. I've been slightly overweight for my whole life so I can't blame video games, especially not when I play football during my free time as well.

Does it bother me? Nah not really.

I care. I mean I have never purposely tried to lose weight, but I've never felt I had to. I've always been on the lighter side of average and I'm happy with that. But if I ever got overweight, I would care and then I would try to lose weight.. not because society demands it of me, but because I think I would just feel gross.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I care more about my health than my weight although fat is something I do care about that I wouldn't want too much of. I want to study medicine and in one of my work experiences did some observation in the local hospital's A&E what you Americans call ER. I got to watch a appendectomy on a seriously overweight teenager and not only the difficulty that the fat caused in the surgery but also how disgusting it was to see the surgeons pulling it apart to get to the operational area - it seriously made me see just how bigger a problem excess fat is even if it isn't causing direct problems to your health, it makes everything more risky, everything more difficult and the long term health effects on both your joints, your circulatory system and in some cases mental health make it well worth the effort to lose excess fat. That being said if your happy with your weight and your healthy then don't become ill over losing it - it is more important to eat well than lose weight. The misconception in western culture that being thin is healthy is just wrong there are plenty of thin people who can suffer high blood pressure and raised cholesterol from eating badly.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I care, but in the last year or so I haven't really put much effort into staying healthy as I should. I'm like 6'0 and about 185 pounds, which I think puts me right on healthly in terms of BMI. I probably should be a bit closer to 180 pounds, but I think I've lost a bit of muscle and gained a bit of fat. I haven't really been to the gym regularly for nearly 9 months...

But I'm ok with it because I still play a bit of sport and I know I'm not fat or anything. I think most people would like to be fitter/healthier than they are, even if it's just a little.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I don't really care from a looks perspective; I do care quite a bit from a health perspective. You can talk all you want about being healthy at 40 lbs overweight; you're what, 18..19? You'd have to be morbidly obese to see major health problems at that age. It's when you get older that your weight really bothers you.

I'm 6"0, 155 lbs, at my heaviest I was 170. (which was right in the middle of when I was working about so probably 10lbs of that extra was muscle).

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm 6'4 and weight has never really been a huge problem to me, except when I finished school I stopped sport all together, went to England for 5 months and pretty much ate fish and chips the whole time I was there. I knew I was putting on weight but didn't think it was that bad until I got back and my mum started telling me I looked like I had put on too much weight, and my friends told me the same thing. I was only 190 pounds which doesn't seem like that much, and my BMI told me I was normal weight. Anyway, I got back into sport and exercising and started eating a bit better, best thing I've done..Two years later and I'm now 163 pounds of muscle :shades:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Im not over concerned but I deffo' want to act sooner before my genetics kick into dad's appearance, which is about 2 years tops.

I def' wanna look and keep fit though, helps my self esteem and makes me feel more good looking.

I'm 20, 6ft, 165 Lbs. (76 kg)

Popoto.~<3

Eh, I'll like to care about my weight/apperance but I'm just lazy...I will keep in shape for health reasons though: family had lots of heart problems.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I care a great deal about my weight. I never really used to until I went to college. Coming out of high school I was 6'4" 215 but a very small portion of that was fat because I was always lifting weights for hockey and tennis. During my freshman year I rarely worked out and as a result got up to nearly 240 lbs. It was embarrassing and I vowed I would never look like that again. I wanted to get a side tattoo covering my entire side (armpit to waist) and I used that as incentive to lose weight--I wasn't going to get it until I was completely fit again. I got that tattoo spring of '10 and to this day I haven't put a pound of my previous weight back on. Now I'm about 200 lbs which I haven't been since sophomore year of high school.

So, yes, I care greatly about my weight and probably will for the rest of my life.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."